Epson printer won't print

A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under
Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print.  She says the
printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper.  When the
printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints.  Is there a fairly
easy solution for this problem?

0
Sherry

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Epson 740 printer won't print
My Epson Stylus Color 740 printer won't print. When I try to print (in black and white or color), nothing happens. I wait a while and finally just cancel my print job. The light idicating that it is out of color ink is lit up. I replaced my black and white ink cartridge but it didn't help. I tried to clean the print head but nothing happened when I clicked on the command to do so. On the 740, as with many other Epsons, if you have a a solid red light showing you will not get any printing done. On the 740 which red light is showing? Is it the one for the black or the color? Was that cartridge replaced by you? I have actually seen one cartridge's red light glowing and so replace the cartridge. Then the printer goes through a charging sequence and to my surprise another red light is showing, but this time it's the other cartridge, because the printer was already low on that color and the charging cycle emptied that cartridge enough to trigger the light to start blinking on and off. Now suppose it's the same light that is still on even after you replaced the cartridge. Do this: hold the paper in feed button for about 3 seconds. The printhead will move to the left. Lift up the clamp of the cartridge that has the red light glowing and bring it down somewhat definitively again to lock the cartridge down. There is a microswitch that is reset when this is done that tells the printer it has a new cartridge installed. Som...

iPhoto won't print to my Epson printer
Fellow Mac users: After using the program and printer for about 9 months, iPhoto 2.0 will not print to my Epson Stylus Photo 925. Here's what I've done. 1. Called Epson - In that the printer works with other applications including MS Word and Epson's Film Factory, they say that the problem is not with their printer. 2. Called Apple - trashed com.apple.iphoto.plist preference, tried starting with all new preferences. No luck. They say that they can't help me. Here's what happens. The signal goes from the computer to the printer. The printer starts to process. The...

Epson printers won't print from Firefox
I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for a split second and then nothing prints. I am using a G4 duel processor mac with os x 10.4.8. I have upgraded to the latest printer driver and latest version of firefox but still no printing. Any ideas? hesdaile@gmail.com wrote: > I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well > in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for > a split second and then nothing prints. > I am using a G4 duel proce...

EPSON CX4600 printer won't print
I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't print after changing the printer cartridges. I'm having the same problems. I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still doesn't work. It started when I changed the black cartridge. I couldn't get any black to come out. Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be changed and now I get a blank page when printing. The monitor shows that I used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone. I'm wondering if the monitoring software is...

Epson CX4600 printer won't print-nozzles clogged?
Hello, My parents have an Epson CX4600 (all in one unit with scanner/copier/printer). They recently changed the Black (T0441) cartridge. The status monitor reports the other cartridges are empty. I know for a fact they aren't. When I shake the yellow, magenta and cyan carts, they have plenty of ink. I tried the status print and head cleaning operations. However I can't get those functions to work because the ink light remains lit no matter what. Is there another cleaning procedure for the ink nozzles or heads that can be performed so that my parents don't have to spend $...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here 'lq850;r=300x300;q=medium;c=full;p=letter;m=auto' Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'gp@here+831' saved at 00:46:10.773 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time error gp@here+831 A 831 ERROR: aborting operations ---------------------------------------- lpc reread: lpd server pid 651 on here, sending SIGHUP ---------------------------------------- ps ax: 651 ? S 0:00 lpd Waiting ---------------------------------------- Still doesn't print! Here at my links in /usr/bin . Is it normal that lp links to lp-lprng, which links to lpr, which links to lpr-lprng ? It looks like quite a merry-go-round! ls -l /usr/bin/lp* : lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2004-06-19 15:18 /usr/bin/lp -> lp-lprng* -rwxr-xr-x 1 root bin 148 2003-09-12 01:13 /u...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

Runtime won't print on laser printer
Hello, We have a runtime solution that several users are having success with. This morning, a user called to say that their printer was printing blank pages. We ran through the usual culprits... Records being Browsed checked Printer name is correct Pages to print is correct Ink Color in properties is correct Still, the very important reports come out blank in their laser printer. Our solution appears to send the job to the printer, it fires up and puts out blank pages. Some other reports print but not the critical ones. We have tested, from the same file set and can print okay here at the offi...

can't print from usb epson printer

Printer won't print new data!
I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone else. He got them all printed out but when he tried to print out a document from Word the printer kept printing the photos. Does anyone have any idea what the problem would be? Many thanks for any replies Barney Sorry for the misprint. I have posted this to news:comp.sys.hp.hardware > I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware > > My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone > else. He got them all printed out but when he tried to print out a document > from Word the printer kept printing the photos. Does anyone have any idea > what the problem would be? > Many thanks for any replies > Barney > > I got the problem sorted. Done & Dusted "Bareill" <bareill@bareill.bareill> wrote in message news:SRgPb.7395$JL4.59179@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net... > I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware > > My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone > else. He got them all printed out but when he tried to print out a document > from Word the printer kept printing the photos. Does anyone have any idea > what the problem would be? > Many thanks for any replies > Barney > > ...

LPT1 to USB Printer Won't print
I have a shiny new HP LJ 1020 USB printer attached to an XP workstation. The printer is shared, and my trusty old Clipper program's batch file attaches the printer to lpt1: net use lpt1 \\x\hplaserj /persistent:yes Everything looks good, the program prints to lpt1, no errors. The print job file shows up in the printer's queue, but... it doesn't print. Not only that, but it won't delete and it won't let any other print jobs through... the only way I can get it to delete is to power cycle the printer. Actually, I have two instances of this: one at a customer's site, ...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pull off the tape covering the print nozzles? "Carol" <googlemail2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@posting.google.com... > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. Start by disconnecting the computer and doing a simple diagnostic print as shown at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1017E If this prints a simple nozzle pattern of black, cyan, magenta and yellow then the problem may lie with your driver. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging googlemail2003@yahoo.com (Carol) wrote in message news:<36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@...

Epson printer won't let me change cartidges
Hi all, I've just come across a really annoying problem with an older Epson printer and I hope somebody can help. Epson Color Stylus 640, Windows XP with appropriate status monitor installed Not used for some time. The status monitor says there is plenty of ink in both black and colour cartidges BUT colour ink will not flow. Trouble is because there is plenty of ink, the printer won't allow me to change the cartidges!! Can anybody suggest how I might convince the thing to let me change cartidges?? No, I've tried the cattle prod and it didn't work, any othe...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

Zebra Label Printer won't stop printing
Hi We have a Zebra S4M label printer which prints small batches of labels OK, but when requested to print larger jobs (print queue size of > 128K), it continuously reprints the same labels until the printer is turned off or print queue cleared. The print queue shows, for example, the job as printing 128/210K, but the job never clears the queue. The printer is using the latest driver for the model and is connected to a network via ethernet connection. If the same print job is redirected to a laser printer on the same network, the job prints fine. Any help would be appreciated...

Web resources about - Epson printer won't print - comp.periphs.printers