f



Epson R300 black ink head won't clear

Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much 
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very 
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not 
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no 
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the 
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine right 
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were 
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel 


0
Nigel
12/5/2007 7:43:09 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

14 Replies
450 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24


Nigel Andrews wrote:

> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>
> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
> worse now than before.
> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very
> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>
> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>
> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the
> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>
> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine right
> afterwards.
> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were
> emptied!
>
> Any thoughts please?!
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel

    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is available
for your
    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a cleaning
solution.  I
    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge after a
few
    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                                Sherwin D.


0
sherwindu
12/6/2007 7:00:33 AM
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<font face="sans-serif">I just never have any of these kinds of issued
because I run my printer according to the specifications in the printer
manual.&nbsp; I never heard of anyone who uses OEM ink having any of these
problems.</font><br>
<br>
sherwindu wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net" type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
Nigel Andrews wrote:

  </pre>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine right
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel
    </pre>
  </blockquote>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is available
for your
    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a cleaning
solution.  I
    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge after a
few
    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                                Sherwin D.


  </pre>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>
0
measekite
12/6/2007 8:14:40 AM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_012D_01C83861.40B18CA0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

measekite

I assume you are saying you buy Epson ink and have no problems?
OEM (other equipment manufacturers) are the makers that you apparently =
shun.

Well you may be right. But I reckon I have saved about 3 times the =
initial cost of the printer by buying OEM carts than the overpriced =
Epson ones!
So in a sense I could buy a new printer and still be in pocket!

But as a techie I want to fix the problem and not throw it out an =
otherwise sound printer just for what I assume is a small blockage.

Thanks
Nigel


  "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message =
news:QbO5j.5916$4q5.2065@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com...
  I just never have any of these kinds of issued because I run my =
printer according to the specifications in the printer manual.  I never =
heard of anyone who uses OEM ink having any of these problems.

  sherwindu wrote:=20
Nigel Andrews wrote:

  Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still =
very
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of =
the
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine =
right
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that =
were
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel
   =20
    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is =
available
for your
    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a =
cleaning
solution.  I
    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge =
after a
few
    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                                Sherwin D.


  
------=_NextPart_000_012D_01C83861.40B18CA0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16544" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3>measekite</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I assume you are saying you buy Epson =
ink and have=20
no problems?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OEM (other equipment manufacturers) are =
the makers=20
that you apparently shun.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well you may be right. But I reckon I =
have saved=20
about 3 times the initial cost of the printer by buying OEM carts than =
the=20
overpriced Epson ones!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So in a sense I could buy a new printer =
and still=20
be in pocket!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But as a techie I want to fix the =
problem and not=20
throw it out an otherwise sound printer just for what I assume is a =
small=20
blockage.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nigel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>"measekite" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:inkystinky@oem.com">inkystinky@oem.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:QbO5j.5916$4q5.2065@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com">news:QbO5j.5916$4q=
5.2065@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
  face=3Dsans-serif>I just never have any of these kinds of issued =
because I run=20
  my printer according to the specifications in the printer =
manual.&nbsp; I=20
  never heard of anyone who uses OEM ink having any of these=20
  problems.</FONT><BR><BR>sherwindu wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net =
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Nigel Andrews wrote:

  </PRE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Any suggestions for =
clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still =
very
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of =
the
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine =
right
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that =
were
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel
    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->
    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is =
available
for your
    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a =
cleaning
solution.  I
    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge =
after a
few
    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                                Sherwin D.


  </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_012D_01C83861.40B18CA0--

0
Nigel
12/6/2007 11:37:10 PM
sherwindu


Thanks for that suggestion but I don't know if I can get a cleaning cart for 
the R300.

How are they used?
Do I leave all the other carts in a run a clean cycle? I am wary now, having 
apparently blown out almost half the capacity of each of the 6 carts in my 
recent cleaning attempts.
Thanks goodness they weren't Epson ones or I would really be smarting now!


Thanks
Nigel


"sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net...
>
>
> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>
>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
>> worse now than before.
>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very
>> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>
>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>
>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the
>> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>
>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>> right
>> afterwards.
>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were
>> emptied!
>>
>> Any thoughts please?!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nigel
>
>    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is 
> available
> for your
>    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a 
> cleaning
> solution.  I
>    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge 
> after a
> few
>    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.
>
>                                                Sherwin D.
>
> 


0
Nigel
12/6/2007 11:44:18 PM
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<font face="sans-serif">Since it took you some time for the crap ink to
ruin your printer that does not mean you saved anything.&nbsp; The quality
is worse and the fade resistance is not there.&nbsp; If you never printed
anything you would have saved more.</font><br>
<br>
Nigel Andrews wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:GI%255j.1369$h35.882@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net"
 type="cite">
  <title></title>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
  <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16544" name="GENERATOR">
  <style></style>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">measekite</font></font></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">I assume you are saying you buy
Epson ink and have no problems?</font></div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">OEM (other equipment manufacturers)
are the makers that you apparently shun.</font></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">Well you may be right. But I reckon
I have saved about 3 times the initial cost of the printer by buying
OEM carts than the overpriced Epson ones!</font></div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">So in a sense I could buy a new
printer and still be in pocket!</font></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">But as a techie I want to fix the
problem and not throw it out an otherwise sound printer just for what I
assume is a small blockage.</font></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">Thanks</font></div>
  <div><font face="Arial" size="2">Nigel</font></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <blockquote dir="ltr"
 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
    <div>"measekite" &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="mailto:inkystinky@oem.com">inkystinky@oem.com</a>&gt; wrote in
message <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="news:QbO5j.5916$4q5.2065@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com">news:QbO5j.5916$4q5.2065@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com</a>...</div>
    <font face="sans-serif">I just never have any of these kinds of
issued because I run my printer according to the specifications in the
printer manual.&nbsp; I never heard of anyone who uses OEM ink having any of
these problems.</font><br>
    <br>
sherwindu wrote:
    <blockquote cite="mid:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net" type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Nigel Andrews wrote:

  </pre>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <pre wrap="">Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine right
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel
    </pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre wrap=""><!---->
    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is available
for your
    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a cleaning
solution.  I
    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge after a
few
    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                                Sherwin D.


  </pre>
    </blockquote>
  </blockquote>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>
0
measekite
12/7/2007 2:11:31 AM
You are wasting a lot of ink and chances are it won't improve matters 
much by doing more cleaning cycles.

If you email me using the address below, I will send you free of charge 
a manual for cleaning clogs from Epson printer heads.  The manual offers 
easy solutions to most Epson problems, and the cost of materials is a 
buck or two of household items.

Please mention which printer you have in the email.

Art

Email me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .




Nigel Andrews wrote:

> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
> 
> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much 
> worse now than before.
> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very 
> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
> 
> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not 
> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
> 
> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no 
> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the 
> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
> 
> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine right 
> afterwards.
> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were 
> emptied!
> 
> Any thoughts please?!
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Nigel 
> 
> 
0
Arthur
12/7/2007 11:06:20 AM

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> You are wasting a lot of ink and chances are it won't improve matters 
> much by doing more cleaning cycles.
>
> If you email me using the address below, 

You really need to email or call Epson Tech Suppt.

> I will send you free of charge a manual for cleaning clogs from Epson 
> printer heads.  The manual offers easy solutions to most Epson 
> problems, and the cost of materials is a buck or two of household items.
>
> Please mention which printer you have in the email.
>
> Art
>
> Email me at:
>
> e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
>
> (at) = @
> (dot) = .
>
>
>
>
> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>
>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is 
>> much worse now than before.
>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
>> very poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>
>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but 
>> not again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>
>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no 
>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
>> the colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>
>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>> right afterwards.
>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
>> were emptied!
>>
>> Any thoughts please?!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nigel
>>
0
measekite
12/7/2007 4:02:36 PM
Thanks 'measekite' for your constructive help, if that is what is was?

I am happy and have been very happy with the prints that I have got from my 
carts. I could go a long way to be unhappy, with a 90% reduction in the 
costs. But happily I don't have to!

Nigel

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message 
news:w8e6j.3151$Vq.138@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
>
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>> You are wasting a lot of ink and chances are it won't improve matters 
>> much by doing more cleaning cycles.
>>
>> If you email me using the address below,
>
> You really need to email or call Epson Tech Suppt.
>
>> I will send you free of charge a manual for cleaning clogs from Epson 
>> printer heads.  The manual offers easy solutions to most Epson problems, 
>> and the cost of materials is a buck or two of household items.
>>
>> Please mention which printer you have in the email.
>>
>> Art
>>
>> Email me at:
>>
>> e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
>>
>> (at) = @
>> (dot) = .
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>>
>>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>>
>>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much 
>>> worse now than before.
>>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
>>> very poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>>
>>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not 
>>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>>
>>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no 
>>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
>>> the colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>>
>>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>>> right afterwards.
>>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
>>> were emptied!
>>>
>>> Any thoughts please?!
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Nigel
>>> 


0
Nigel
12/8/2007 9:36:50 PM
Nigel,

I am unsure if you are in the UK If so www.valueshop.co.uk do cleaning carts 
for Epson R300, the cost is around �2.99 each and you would purchase one for 
each colour, If you used just black you would waste good ink and it's well 
worth a full clean up while your at it.

You could get hold, or make up an A4 file using black and run it through the 
printer several times to see if it will rid the blockage. I would never 
clean my R300 more than twice before pulling the carts and replacing with 
cleaning carts.

If you have to do a lot of cleaning you should consider the fitting of a 
Waste Bottle, this will catch most of any liquid you puch through and leave 
your waste pads free from the collection of waste ink. A lot of people have 
used the SSC but from my experience I have found it lacking, far better to 
get hold of an Epson R300 Service disc you then be able to rest the R300 
should you ever get the "Requires Service " message.  Hope the above helps.


"Nigel Andrews" <nandrews2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:mP%5j.1904$Hc3.1429@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> sherwindu
>
>
> Thanks for that suggestion but I don't know if I can get a cleaning cart 
> for the R300.
>
> How are they used?
> Do I leave all the other carts in a run a clean cycle? I am wary now, 
> having apparently blown out almost half the capacity of each of the 6 
> carts in my recent cleaning attempts.
> Thanks goodness they weren't Epson ones or I would really be smarting now!
>
>
> Thanks
> Nigel
>
>
> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message 
> news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net...
>>
>>
>> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>>
>>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>>
>>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
>>> worse now than before.
>>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
>>> very
>>> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>>
>>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
>>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>>
>>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
>>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
>>> the
>>> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>>
>>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>>> right
>>> afterwards.
>>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
>>> were
>>> emptied!
>>>
>>> Any thoughts please?!
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Nigel
>>
>>    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is 
>> available
>> for your
>>    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a 
>> cleaning
>> solution.  I
>>    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge 
>> after a
>> few
>>    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.
>>
>>                                                Sherwin D.
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Shooter
12/9/2007 6:39:16 PM
Art,

Thanks. I sent an email to the address you suggest.

Nigel

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:MO96j.4700$iU.2073@pd7urf2no...
> You are wasting a lot of ink and chances are it won't improve matters much 
> by doing more cleaning cycles.
>
> If you email me using the address below, I will send you free of charge a 
> manual for cleaning clogs from Epson printer heads.  The manual offers 
> easy solutions to most Epson problems, and the cost of materials is a buck 
> or two of household items.
>
> Please mention which printer you have in the email.
>
> Art
>
> Email me at:
>
> e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
>
> (at) = @
> (dot) = .
>
>
>
>
> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>
>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much 
>> worse now than before.
>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still very 
>> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>
>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not 
>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>
>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no 
>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of the 
>> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>
>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>> right afterwards.
>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that were 
>> emptied!
>>
>> Any thoughts please?!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nigel 


0
Nigel
12/9/2007 9:57:04 PM
Shooter,

Thanks for your suggestion, I am in the U.K and will try the website.
I am still not sure how one gets to use a clean cart, but I guess Valueshop 
will tell me.

I am aware of the problem with the large sponge in the base becoming soaked 
(full) of waste ink. Having partly opened another of this model I have seen 
how large the sponge is. It is disgusting to think that Epson waste that 
amount of ink no matter how long the printer lasts!
I have used the startup key combination to reset the printer, but the danger 
is that eventually the sponge will saturate and ink spill out of the bottom!

Nigel
P.S. I think someone who could take on printer maintenance/repair for home 
users could make a bomb.


"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:PpKdnVN6zJFGqMHaRVnytAA@bt.com...
> Nigel,
>
> I am unsure if you are in the UK If so www.valueshop.co.uk do cleaning 
> carts for Epson R300, the cost is around �2.99 each and you would purchase 
> one for each colour, If you used just black you would waste good ink and 
> it's well worth a full clean up while your at it.
>
> You could get hold, or make up an A4 file using black and run it through 
> the printer several times to see if it will rid the blockage. I would 
> never clean my R300 more than twice before pulling the carts and replacing 
> with cleaning carts.
>
> If you have to do a lot of cleaning you should consider the fitting of a 
> Waste Bottle, this will catch most of any liquid you puch through and 
> leave your waste pads free from the collection of waste ink. A lot of 
> people have used the SSC but from my experience I have found it lacking, 
> far better to get hold of an Epson R300 Service disc you then be able to 
> rest the R300 should you ever get the "Requires Service " message.  Hope 
> the above helps.
>
>
> "Nigel Andrews" <nandrews2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:mP%5j.1904$Hc3.1429@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>> sherwindu
>>
>>
>> Thanks for that suggestion but I don't know if I can get a cleaning cart 
>> for the R300.
>>
>> How are they used?
>> Do I leave all the other carts in a run a clean cycle? I am wary now, 
>> having apparently blown out almost half the capacity of each of the 6 
>> carts in my recent cleaning attempts.
>> Thanks goodness they weren't Epson ones or I would really be smarting 
>> now!
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nigel
>>
>>
>> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message 
>> news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net...
>>>
>>>
>>> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>>>
>>>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>>>
>>>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is 
>>>> much
>>>> worse now than before.
>>>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
>>>> very
>>>> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>>>
>>>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
>>>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>>>
>>>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
>>>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
>>>> the
>>>> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>>>
>>>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>>>> right
>>>> afterwards.
>>>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
>>>> were
>>>> emptied!
>>>>
>>>> Any thoughts please?!
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> Nigel
>>>
>>>    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is 
>>> available
>>> for your
>>>    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a 
>>> cleaning
>>> solution.  I
>>>    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge 
>>> after a
>>> few
>>>    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.
>>>
>>>                                                Sherwin D.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Nigel
12/9/2007 10:03:39 PM
Nigel,

I doubt Valueshop will be of much help to you as they are just a retailer 
who offer a good price. All you do is replace all your carts with same 
colour cleaning cart then run a set of three cleans then a nozzle test, then 
another three cleans. If not cleared get hold of a Purge.tiff file which 
gives you all six colours and run a number of A4 plain paper through it. It 
may take quite a few pages, then again it may clear quickly. I find after 
doing all the above to leave the printer unused overight then print another 
nozzel test.


"Nigel Andrews" <nandrews2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:%CZ6j.14667$yZ4.11675@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
> Shooter,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, I am in the U.K and will try the website.
> I am still not sure how one gets to use a clean cart, but I guess 
> Valueshop will tell me.
>
> I am aware of the problem with the large sponge in the base becoming 
> soaked (full) of waste ink. Having partly opened another of this model I 
> have seen how large the sponge is. It is disgusting to think that Epson 
> waste that amount of ink no matter how long the printer lasts!
> I have used the startup key combination to reset the printer, but the 
> danger is that eventually the sponge will saturate and ink spill out of 
> the bottom!
>
> Nigel
> P.S. I think someone who could take on printer maintenance/repair for home 
> users could make a bomb.
>
>
> "Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:PpKdnVN6zJFGqMHaRVnytAA@bt.com...
>> Nigel,
>>
>> I am unsure if you are in the UK If so www.valueshop.co.uk do cleaning 
>> carts for Epson R300, the cost is around �2.99 each and you would 
>> purchase one for each colour, If you used just black you would waste good 
>> ink and it's well worth a full clean up while your at it.
>>
>> You could get hold, or make up an A4 file using black and run it through 
>> the printer several times to see if it will rid the blockage. I would 
>> never clean my R300 more than twice before pulling the carts and 
>> replacing with cleaning carts.
>>
>> If you have to do a lot of cleaning you should consider the fitting of a 
>> Waste Bottle, this will catch most of any liquid you puch through and 
>> leave your waste pads free from the collection of waste ink. A lot of 
>> people have used the SSC but from my experience I have found it lacking, 
>> far better to get hold of an Epson R300 Service disc you then be able to 
>> rest the R300 should you ever get the "Requires Service " message.  Hope 
>> the above helps.
>>
>>
>> "Nigel Andrews" <nandrews2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:mP%5j.1904$Hc3.1429@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>>> sherwindu
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for that suggestion but I don't know if I can get a cleaning cart 
>>> for the R300.
>>>
>>> How are they used?
>>> Do I leave all the other carts in a run a clean cycle? I am wary now, 
>>> having apparently blown out almost half the capacity of each of the 6 
>>> carts in my recent cleaning attempts.
>>> Thanks goodness they weren't Epson ones or I would really be smarting 
>>> now!
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Nigel
>>>
>>>
>>> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message 
>>> news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Nigel Andrews wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?
>>>>>
>>>>> I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is 
>>>>> much
>>>>> worse now than before.
>>>>> I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
>>>>> very
>>>>> poor (about 5% of what it should be)!
>>>>>
>>>>> I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but 
>>>>> not
>>>>> again!!  This maybe should be a warning.
>>>>>
>>>>> I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
>>>>> difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
>>>>> the
>>>>> colours that were at around 80%!!!!
>>>>>
>>>>> The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
>>>>> right
>>>>> afterwards.
>>>>> The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
>>>>> were
>>>>> emptied!
>>>>>
>>>>> Any thoughts please?!
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> Nigel
>>>>
>>>>    Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is 
>>>> available
>>>> for your
>>>>    printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a 
>>>> cleaning
>>>> solution.  I
>>>>    said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge 
>>>> after a
>>>> few
>>>>    cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.
>>>>
>>>>                                                Sherwin D.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Shooter
12/9/2007 11:17:24 PM
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<br>
<br>
Shooter wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:PpKdnVN6zJFGqMHaRVnytAA@bt.com" type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Nigel,

I am unsure if you are in the UK If so <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.valueshop.co.uk">www.valueshop.co.uk</a> do cleaning carts 
for Epson R300, the cost is around &pound;2.99 each and you would purchase one for 
each colour, If you used just black you would waste good ink and it's well 
worth a full clean up while your at it.

You could get hold, or make up an A4 file using black and run it through the 
printer several times to see if it will rid the blockage. I would never 
clean my R300 more than twice before pulling the carts and replacing with 
cleaning carts.

If you have to do a lot of cleaning you should consider the fitting of a 
Waste Bottle, this will catch most of any liquid you puch through and leave 
your waste pads free from the collection of waste ink. A lot of people have 
used the SSC but from my experience I have found it lacking, far better to 
get hold of an Epson R300 Service disc you then be able to rest the R300 
should you ever get the "Requires Service " message.  Hope the above helps.
  </pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
None of this is worth it.&nbsp; You can buy a refurbished Epson R380 (not
R300) for the price of a set of ink.&nbsp; And it comes with a full set of
ink.<br>
<blockquote cite="mid:PpKdnVN6zJFGqMHaRVnytAA@bt.com" type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">

"Nigel Andrews" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:nandrews2@yahoo.com">&lt;nandrews2@yahoo.com&gt;</a> wrote in message 
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:mP%5j.1904$Hc3.1429@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net">news:mP%5j.1904$Hc3.1429@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net</a>...
  </pre>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">sherwindu


Thanks for that suggestion but I don't know if I can get a cleaning cart 
for the R300.

How are they used?
Do I leave all the other carts in a run a clean cycle? I am wary now, 
having apparently blown out almost half the capacity of each of the 6 
carts in my recent cleaning attempts.
Thanks goodness they weren't Epson ones or I would really be smarting now!


Thanks
Nigel


"sherwindu" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:sherwindu@comcast.net">&lt;sherwindu@comcast.net&gt;</a> wrote in message 
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net">news:47579E11.BF69A8F3@comcast.net</a>...
    </pre>
    <blockquote type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">
Nigel Andrews wrote:

      </pre>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <pre wrap="">Any suggestions for clearing a black ink problem?

I have tried the regular clean cycle twice and the print pattern is much
worse now than before.
I have changed the cartridge and the pattern was different but still 
very
poor (about 5% of what it should be)!

I have used the SSC utility that is knocking around on the Net, but not
again!!  This maybe should be a warning.

I used the selective black only head clean three times which made no
difference except it sucked about 50% out of black and emptied two of 
the
colours that were at around 80%!!!!

The black cartridge was replaced only a few days ago and printed fine 
right
afterwards.
The colours are still fine though I have had to replace the two that 
were
emptied!

Any thoughts please?!

Thanks

Nigel
        </pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre wrap="">   Sometimes this can be fixed with a cleaning cartridge if one is 
available
for your
   printer.  It is basically an empty cartridge that you fill with a 
cleaning
solution.  I
   said 'sometimes' because it didn't completely fix my cyan cartridge 
after a
few
   cleaning cycles, but it may work for you.

                                               Sherwin D.


      </pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre wrap="">
    </pre>
  </blockquote>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>
0
measekite
12/10/2007 4:06:46 PM
On Dec 6, 4:37 pm, "Nigel Andrews" <nandre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> measekite
>
> I assume you are saying you buy Epson ink and have no problems?
> OEM (other equipment manufacturers) are the makers that you apparently shun.
>

Nigel,       "OEM" means **Original** Equipment Manufacturer, not
**Other** Equipment Manufacturer.
0
One4All
12/14/2007 12:41:30 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

printer won't use black ink with this PostScript
The below PS on several printers prints as expected either black toner or CMY process black toner. However on one printer it prints only CMY process black toner. The printer can print with black toner as we have a PDF file that works but I can not share this file. Thanks! Ed %! /Helvetica findfont 36 scalefont setfont 36 140 moveto 0 0 0 1 setcmykcolor (Hello Black 0 0 0 1) show 36 172 moveto 1 1 1 0 setcmykcolor (Hello CMY Black 1 1 1 0) show % These are used in 3 color (RGB HSB) to CMYK conversion %{} dup setblackgeneration setundercolorremoval {pop 1} dup setblackgeneration setunderc...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Epson R300 won't print
Can anyone help me? I have an Epson R300 (roughly 18 months old). I don't use it a lot but a month or so back it finally ran out of ink. I replaced all 6 cartridges with Print-Rite ones and (I think) it was OK after that. Then it wasn't. All I got were blank pages. I removed and reinserted the cartidges. I ran the head and nozzle cleaning thing. I printed a test pattern but couldn't see more than a tiny smudge of ink... Suggestions? Thanks JL Drop Art a E-mail requesting his cleaning instructions, which he wil provide free of charge, qouting the model a...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Epson printers won't print from Firefox
I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for a split second and then nothing prints. I am using a G4 duel processor mac with os x 10.4.8. I have upgraded to the latest printer driver and latest version of firefox but still no printing. Any ideas? hesdaile@gmail.com wrote: > I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well > in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for > a split second and then nothing prints. > I am using a G4 duel proce...

Epson R300 won't print CDs
Using OS 10.4.11 with Epson Stylus Photo R300. All going well, till suddenly trying to print a printable CD now always produces error message: "Close CD guide", which makes it rather hard to print the CD. Tried uninstalling old driver and installing latest driver from Epson website ~(SPR300Series 309.app), but this makes no difference. ~Reverted to old version, no joy. Any suggestions, please? Thanks in advance, Bill In article <suilven-2695DB.09045212042008@text.news.virginmedia.com>, Bill Smith <suilven@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > Using OS...

EPSON CX4600 printer won't print
I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't print after changing the printer cartridges. I'm having the same problems. I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still doesn't work. It started when I changed the black cartridge. I couldn't get any black to come out. Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be changed and now I get a blank page when printing. The monitor shows that I used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone. I'm wondering if the monitoring software is...

Epson 1520 won't print black
I'm afraid it may be the print head is clogged. The utility to clean the heads doesn't seem to do the trick. It prints fine in color, but of course, no black, so prints are crappy. Is there any easy way to manually unclog the printer head? If not, any idea what it would cost to have the repair shop do it? Jay "J.D." <adelrosario@seanet.com> wrote in news:vmabuon5hadq86@corp.supernews.com: > I'm afraid it may be the print head is clogged. The utility to clean the > heads doesn't seem to do the trick. It prints fine in color, but of co...

Web resources about - Epson R300 black ink head won't clear - comp.periphs.printers

Resources last updated: 2/7/2016 10:39:32 AM