epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000

ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
printing,

can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma
ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
ones.

also what company do you use for you compatables

thanks in advance

0
Rev

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:07:10 GMT, "Rev Dr Mark"
<Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote:

>ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
>printing,
>
>can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma
>ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
>ones.
>
>also what company do you use for you compatables
>

>thanks in advance

I have a Pixma4000 and just love it. One small downside to it is that
if you purchase it in the USA, those that are sold here cannot print
on CD/DVD discs.
0
Mike
12/5/2004 3:09:16 PM

"Rev Dr Mark" <Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote in message
> ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter
> printing,
>
> can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon
pixma
> ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different
> ones.
>
> also what company do you use for you compatables
>

> thanks in advance

The current trend - or maybe rush that has caught the imagination is
probably for the Pixma ip4000. It has that one possible advantage of using
standard Canon tanks with the BCi-3ek being a pigmented black and a larger
capacity tank for text printing. The Photo black is used for color prints as
it is a 5 tank printer.
From past experience the Epson may have the edge on reliability and uses
totally dye based inks.
All I can give you is the feedback from several hundred users of the JetTec
cartridges and the Canon may - just may have a problem with the life cycle
of its print heads. They can be swapped at around $70.
The cheapest cost of ownership goes to the Canon currently as its tanks are
easily refillable. The Canon hot bubble jet techniques are quite different
to the cold electro fusion Piezo quartz Epson heads which could explain the
possible lesser life expectancy of a Canon print head ??
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

0
Tony

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Epson R300 or Canon IP4000
Merry Christmas! I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I need the speed to get these books printed. Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on matte paper? Thanks for your help.... don Capt Nud wrote: > Merry Christmas! > > I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies > of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are > full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. > > I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an > issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I > need the speed to get these books printed. > > Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on > matte paper? > > Thanks for your help.... > don There've been some recent threads on this. Try loading more messages into your News Client, or use Google News to search. -- John McWilliams The ip4000 is substantially faster than the E...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Canon iP4000 and Epson C84 Printers
This week, the Los Angeles Times has advertisements from Fry's Electronics for a couple of interesting printers. Yesterday, it was the Epson C84, available for slightly _less_ than the cost of replacement ink cartridges for my current Epson C82 printer (about $70 US after mail-in rebate, of course). Today, it is a Canon iP4000 printer, which is said to have a faster print speed rating and to feature "built-in" two-sided printing, which might mean it is available under OS/2. The price is about $130 US + tax. I think I read recently that some Canon printer works...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs
Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables? I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be greately appreciated!. Confused The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent, and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a very nice driver. There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with it. It's an amazingly good value. "PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041213081428.23235.00002067@mb-m03.aol.com... > Can anyone offer me...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and >...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx...

Epson IP4000 Printer
I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? Bill Bill Helbron wrote: > I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that > many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously > considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand > that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this > true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? > > Bill First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's CANON ip4000 :-))) second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case, Epson is NOT a better choice, but ONLY one... Ooops! On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote: >Bill Helbron wrote: >> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that >> many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously >> considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand >> that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this >> true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? >> >> Bill > >First of all, watch out for...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon Pixma Ip1600 Printer
Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon PG-30 PG-37 PG-40 PG-50 Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001VIFL4K Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001VIFL4K INKTANK PG-40 &amp; CL-41 combo pack for Canon Pixma iP1600, Pixma iP1700, Pixma iP1800, Pixma MP140, Pixma MP150, Pixma MP160, Pixma MP170, Pixma MP180, Pixma MP210, Pixma MP450, Pixma MP460, Pixma MP470, Pixma MX300, Pixma MX310 Price:$28.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Color Ink Refill Kit for Canon CL-31 CL-38 CL-41 and CL-51 Inkjet Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001W2GZAE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001W2GZAE New Original/Genuine/OEM/Authentic Canon tri-color CL-4l/CL4l --- print ink toner cartridge compatible for Canon PIXMA iP1600 iP1700 iP1800 iP2600 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 ribbon FAX all-in...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Resetter printer canon epson
Reset Printer Canon BJC-3000/6x00/7x00/8000 1. Power off printer 2. Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper wil sound once. 3. Hold POWER and release RESUME 4. Press RESUME twice 5. When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times The indicator should be orange. 6. Press Power to set data more on 'Free Resetter Software (http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com) epson 'Epson Resetter Printer Service Manual and Repair (http://epsonresetter.blogspot.com ...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Web resources about - epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000 - comp.periphs.printers

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...