Epson R300 vs Canon i965

Hi,
Any opinions?
Thanks
rol

0
antonius

Hi there Antonius,

I just got my R300 up and running and prints looks great. However, I'm not
in a position to compare. Would be interesting to know if someone has some
feedback to share.

Happy Holidays

"antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Any opinions?
> Thanks
> rol

0
Lindsten
12/23/2003 2:51:01 AM
"antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Any opinions?
> Thanks
> rol
>
> I have seen the i960(us model) and the 300 side by side,  all I can say is
the R300  is better on plain paper.  I couldn't seen much difference between
the two on photo paper.  The people with me said the same thing I did Its a
toss up!

0
NCHA

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Epson R300[M?] or Canon i965
Trying to chose the "best" printer. By "best" I mean which does the best quality pictures......with half an eye on which is cheapest to run. Speed doesn't matter. Any thoughts? TIA, Alan. amwalker3@tiscali.co.uk (Alan Walker), far, far away from here, appears to have written: [snips] > Trying to chose the "best" printer. By "best" I mean which > does the best quality pictures......with half an eye on which is > cheapest to run. Speed doesn't matter. I've just ordered a R210. From what I can discover, it's a 310 without all the crap I don't want/won't use. (I googled it to death this arvo.) Here's a couple of bits of info from a trusted source (pro photographer) on a camera list. > I sold my Epson 2200 and ImagePrint RIP in favor of a multi-printer > solution: > > The Epson R300 is by far the best printer for up to 8.5x11 at under > $180. The Canon i9100 produces far larger gamut prints than the 2200 > and has approximately 95% of the gamut of the R300. If Canon inks > are used with the Canon Pro-Photo paper - longevity exceeds 28 years, > same with the R300 and Epson Premium Papers. While it isn't quite as > good as the longevity of the 2200 it is more than 3 times the > longevity of Type R or Type C wet darkroom prints and has a far > greater gamut and quite a bit more punch than prints off the 2200. I &g...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers
Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers. I am leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820 printer and 1660 scanner. I want the ability to print quality photos and scan negs and slides. I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four or six color. Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like them. Any input is apreciated. Jerry B ...

Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs
Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables? I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be greately appreciated!. Confused The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent, and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a very nice driver. There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with it. It's an amazingly good value. "PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041213081428.23235.00002067@mb-m03.aol.com... > Can anyone offer me...

Epson R300 vs Epson CX5400
Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO. Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ? "Roger Logan" <rogerlogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:W1hbc.56608$gA5.744296@attbi_s03... > Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO. > Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ? > > The R300 is the same as my R200, but has the added benefits of USB 2.0 and card reader. The R200 is superb for photo's, but text far less so. The CX5400 is based on an entirely different engine. It uses the Dura-brite inks and only four of them at that. It may be a better all rounder, but probably won't do so well at pictures. Saying that, if I'd had room for one, I'd have probably bought one instead of the R200. Si. "Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message news:c4k8i4$ql7$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > "Roger Logan" <rogerlogan@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:W1hbc.56608$gA5.744296@attbi_s03... > > Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO. > > Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ? If your looking at the all in ones that are 6 colour, look at the RX500 or the RX600... If you want a four colour that is close to the 300 look at the CX6400... Much better than the CX5400 ...

Need Quick Advise: Epson R300/R800 or Canon i905D/i965
Need help from international people who have seen both outputs for CD-R printing. I have the Epson 900 and while it prints OK on cds the output is inconsistent. I am close to importing a Canon i905D/i965 from overseas, but now see Epson has released the R800 with 1.5 pl vs. Canon 2.0 pl. Does anyone know if Espon improve the CD printing mode or is it a patent issue. The reports from oversea is the the Canon is better the current line of Epson, but this doesn't take into account the new 7 color R800. I am partial to the Canon because I hate the clogging headsand warm up of the Epsons. Both would be about the same cost $400 USD, but i could return the Epson. EyE3MallCaRds wrote: > Need help from international people who have seen both > outputs for CD-R printing. I have the Epson 900 and > while it prints OK on cds the output is inconsistent. > > I am close to importing a Canon i905D/i965 from > overseas, but now see Epson has released the R800 > with 1.5 pl vs. Canon 2.0 pl. (snip) I could give you advise, but I think it's advice you want. Now, this is the second time I have seen "i965" in reference to Canon printers. Is there such a model? Gary Eickmeier Gary Eickmeier <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:<hXgZb.37117$B81.233104@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > EyE3MallCaRds wrote: > > > Need help from international people who have seen both > >...

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and > they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one > should I choose? > Thanx in advance > Erik > > Thnx for your answer GeoSd "GeoSd" wrote in news:3fdde378$0$18036$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the > Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry > about.. Okay so Epson gets clogging heads? My new printer will be partner for my black&white laser, and will maybe have long breaks between work. So clogging habbits isn't welcome, thats for sure. How is Canon when it comes to moist resistant ink? I have tested printet CD's from Epson and they wasnt very good when it comes to moist and smudge resistance. Thnx and merry christmas. ...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

HP 5150 vs. Epson C84 vs. Canon i560
They are all about $100. 1. Which offers best print quality? 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? 4. Which is most refill friendly? "davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message news:iom4uv0pc8fmjihk7qd2h98tjise6vnib8@4ax.com... > They are all about $100. > > 1. Which offers best print quality? I'd give this to the HP 5150. > 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? HP 5150. > 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? Canon i560/Epson C84 > 4. Which is most refill friendly? Don't know. I refuse to refill after the mess with my other cartridge. Epson and Canon cartridges are cheap enough. HP cartridges can be bought at a decent price from Costco. On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:35:53 GMT, "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote: >"davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message >news:iom4uv0pc8fmjihk7qd2h98tjise6vnib8@4ax.com... >> They are all about $100. >> >> 1. Which offers best print quality? > >I'd give this to the HP 5150. > >> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? > >HP 5150. > >> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? > >Canon i560/Epson C84 > I think canon has a slight to noticeable edge on price. >> 4. Which is most refill friendly? >...

Epson Perfection 4990: Pro vs Photo, vs Canon 9950F
Anyone know what the difference is between the Epson 4990 Photo and the 4990 Pro, other than the price? Is there any difference in hardware or supplied accessories, or just the included software? I will be scanning primarily photos, some of which are very old and need to be cleaned up, but I might also try scanning my 30+ year old set of slides. I use Photoshop, but I am not particularly proficient at photo re-touching, so I would like the scanner to do some of the hard work in terms of improving the images, before I work on them. I will be replacing my Epson Perfection 1200, ...

Canon vs Epson
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on which 2400 dpi scanner would perform best. Have been looking at the Canon 5000F and the Epson Perfection 2400. Both are about the same price- a little under $200 - fits my budget. The Canon has the FARE enhancement software which sounds pretty useful, although I am not sure how really good a job it does. I need a scanner with a little more features and resolution than my puny 600 dpi Visioneer 4400 USB :-) Also need to scan 35mm slides once in a while - another question on which scanner can handle such a task adequately. Thanks, ...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

Epson vs Canon
Has anyone had experience of both? I notice (after reading a review) that the 'R' series also has 8 colours, but has lost the PC and PM in favour of an extra black, red and *blue* - and a 'gloss optimiser". The i9950 (which I have) still has PC and PM and the addition of red and *green*. Every review I've read has rated the Canon over the Epson (this was the i990 vs the R800). Does blue make a difference to green and what does the 'gloss optimiser' do? After all, if you want gloss you simply use glossy media, surely?! Or am I missing something? "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote: >Has anyone had experience of both? I notice (after reading a review) that >the 'R' series also has 8 colours, but has lost the PC and PM in favour of >an extra black, red and *blue* - and a 'gloss optimiser". The i9950 (which I >have) still has PC and PM and the addition of red and *green*. Every review >I've read has rated the Canon over the Epson (this was the i990 vs the >R800). Does blue make a difference to green and what does the 'gloss >optimiser' do? After all, if you want gloss you simply use glossy media, >surely?! Or am I missing something? > > Yes you are dear. Surely you wouldn't settle for just glossy when you could have "glossier"? It's for those who feel absolutes won't do and would like something stronger. Lik...

Canon i965 printer
My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do not materialise. Anyone out there know the answer please. Thanks John Dobson ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. On 4 Aug 2004 16:14:10 -0400, john@north-walsham.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (johndobson) wrote: >My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were >printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem >still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints >ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to >install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of >time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do >not materialise. > >Anyone out there know the answer please. > >Thanks > >John Dobson > >============== >Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. install an empty cartridge so it triggers an ink low warning.. put in your new...

Epson vs Canon?
I've been looking into good all-rounders, inkjets, for my home office. In terms of manufacturers, it seems to come down to a battle between Epson and Canon. Both have good all-round performers in the middle, middle-low price bracket. The Epson's seem to have a higher resolution, 5700 as compared to the Canon's 4800 dpi, but people, in review, seem to like the Canon, I think it's the I865, or something like that, as compared to Epson's R300? I think those are the model numbers, although I'm working from memory. The thing is, last time I bought a printer, about six years ago, Epson were kings of the inkjet pile, with stylus ruling the roost. Last time I bought anything by Canon, it was a camera, I have no ideas if their printers are any good. Can anyone tell me if Canon make good printers, and how they match up to the Epsons? Thanks. The Crow wrote: > I've been looking into good all-rounders, inkjets, for my home > office. In terms of manufacturers, it seems to come down to a battle > between Epson and Canon. Both have good all-round performers in the > middle, middle-low price bracket. The Epson's seem to have a higher > resolution, 5700 as compared to the Canon's 4800 dpi, but people, in > review, seem to like the Canon, I think it's the I865, or something > like that, as compared to Epson's R300? I think those are the model > numbers, although I'm working from memory...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Resetter printer canon epson
Reset Printer Canon BJC-3000/6x00/7x00/8000 1. Power off printer 2. Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper wil sound once. 3. Hold POWER and release RESUME 4. Press RESUME twice 5. When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times The indicator should be orange. 6. Press Power to set data more on 'Free Resetter Software (http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com) epson 'Epson Resetter Printer Service Manual and Repair (http://epsonresetter.blogspot.com ...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Epson R300 or Canon IP4000
Merry Christmas! I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I need the speed to get these books printed. Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on matte paper? Thanks for your help.... don Capt Nud wrote: > Merry Christmas! > > I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies > of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are > full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. > > I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an > issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I > need the speed to get these books printed. > > Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on > matte paper? > > Thanks for your help.... > don There've been some recent threads on this. Try loading more messages into your News Client, or use Google News to search. -- John McWilliams The ip4000 is substantially faster than the E...

Web resources about - Epson R300 vs Canon i965 - comp.periphs.printers

Epson - Exceed Your Vision
Epson·website providing·links to Epson imaging product information, Epson color ink jet printers, Epson multimedia LCD projectors, Epson·POS ...

Epson Reset - FREE WIC Reset Utility. Reset Epson and save Your time! Not need keygen or serials
Download FREE Waste Ink Counter Reset Utility - WIC Reset Utility and reset waste ink counters in Epson printers. Buy Reset keys. MAC and Windows ...

Seiko Epson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the company has numerous subsidiaries worldwide and manufactures inkjet , dot matrix and laser printers , scanners , desktop computers , business, ...

Epson Corporate - Home -
to Contentsaria to leftMenu to header to globalnavigation to footer Home Site Map Global EPSON CORPORATE Products and Drivers About Epson Investor ...

Epson America (@EpsonAmerica) on Twitter

Epson iPrint on the App Store on iTunes
Get Epson iPrint on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Wasted Ink in the Epson 9900 - YouTube
We measured how much ink we throw away with each cartridge using an Epson 9900 series printer. We show you how to weigh your cartridge and calculate ...

Hands on: Epson Moverio smart glasses
Smart glasses are beginning to pop up everywhere. Here we take a look at Epson’s Moverio due to hit Australia by Christmas.

Epson's precision goal to capitalise on intellectual property
President Minoru Usui takes a page out of Steve Jobs' book in looking to focus on proprietary technology.

Epson to recall defective printers in China
Epson to recall defective printers in China People's Daily Online China's top quality watchdog said Tuesday that global printer maker Epson ...