Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs

Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I
dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text
printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is
to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least
cost.  which of these has the cheapest consumables?
 I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get
blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their
branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i
like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer
which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as
picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down
to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be
greately appreciated!.

Confused

0
pjharvey98

The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's
cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent,
and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a
very nice driver.
There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with
it. It's an amazingly good value.

"PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?.
> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional
text
> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim
is
> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the
least
> cost.  which of these has the cheapest consumables?
>  I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may
get
> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to
their
> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon
as i
> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
printer
> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader
as
> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this
down
> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
would be
> greately appreciated!.
>
> Confused

0
Dan
12/13/2004 2:05:54 PM
First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.

Try this.

http://www.InkRepublic.com
http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp

With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

PJHarvey98 wrote:
> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for
money?. I
> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the
occasional text
> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's.
My aim is
> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at
the least
> cost.  which of these has the cheapest consumables?
>  I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you
may get
> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick
to their
> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the
canon as i
> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
printer
> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card
reader as
> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is
this down
> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
would be
> greately appreciated!.
>
> Confused

0
trendysystem
12/14/2004 11:04:37 PM
On 14 Dec 2004 15:04:37 -0800, trendysystem@gmail.com wrote:

>First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.
>
>Try this.
>
>http://www.InkRepublic.com
>http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp
>
>With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

But the Canon print heads do not last

Get the cheap Jettec  ink tanks

http://www.jettec.co.uk/

30% more ink.

Plus made in the UK..

>PJHarvey98 wrote:
>> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for
>money?. I
>> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the
>occasional text
>> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's.
>My aim is
>> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at
>the least
>> cost.  which of these has the cheapest consumables?
>>  I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you
>may get
>> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick
>to their
>> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the
>canon as i
>> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
>printer
>> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card
>reader as
>> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is
>this down
>> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
>would be
>> greately appreciated!.
>>
>> Confused

0
William
12/15/2004 6:51:07 AM
In article William Bell says...
> Get the cheap Jettec  ink tanks
>
> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
>

> 30% more ink.
>
> Plus made in the UK..

Have you actually bought any yet or do you just advertise?
0
colinco

Epson R200 Vs Canon Pixma iP3000
I want to buy a basic photo printer. R200 and iP3000 seem to have same price. I think R200 has five color and one black ink tanks whereas iP3000 has three color and one black tanks. Which one is better for quality of prints and trouble free operations? Thanks in advance. > R200 and iP3000 seem to have same price. I think R200 has five color and > one black ink tanks whereas iP3000 has three color and one black tanks. I own both. The r200 has extra light cyan and light magenta The r300 is the same but has the fancy screen and pictbridge The ip3000 has the usual black cyan magenta yellow, smaller drop size The ip4000 has two blacks and the usual inks 2pl The ip5000 has the same but smaller 1pl ink drop size. The ip6000 has a larger 2pl but offers the light cyan/magenta inks I leaned tward the r200 for out of the box print accuracy. It worked fine for 6 months before it clogged and overflowed with ink. Your experence could be better, but in the past the epsons clogged easily. I'm told this one is better. But if you really like the Epson r200, and you buy OEM ink, it's only typicaly $25 extra to get the printer with ink than just ink. For trouble free i'm taking a chance on the Canon. I bought the ip3000 cause the r200 was in the shop, and it was cheeper for the printer than the ink for the r200. I've not owned it as long so I can't report any trouble, but it at least has a detachable head and a diaper ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Epson R300 vs Canon i965
Hi, Any opinions? Thanks rol Hi there Antonius, I just got my R300 up and running and prints looks great. However, I'm not in a position to compare. Would be interesting to know if someone has some feedback to share. Happy Holidays "antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe6d952$0$27618$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > Hi, > Any opinions? > Thanks > rol > > "antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe6d952$0$27618$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > Hi, > Any opinions? > Thank...

epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000
ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter printing, can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different ones. also what company do you use for you compatables thanks in advance On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:07:10 GMT, "Rev Dr Mark" <Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote: >ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter >printing, > >can people give me first hand views on either the epso...

epson r200 vs canon ip3000
Hi, I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon ip3000 or epson r200 Thanks shah The IP3000 prints business documents substantially better than the Epson R300. It is a full duplex printer with dual paper feed. If you want to print photos it can also do that however you might want to get the IP4000 for better photo quality. shah wrote: >Hi, >I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use >epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson >printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon >ip3000 or epson r200 >Thanks >shah > > On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:37:03 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote: >The IP3000 prints business documents substantially better than the Epson >R300. It is a full duplex printer with dual paper feed. If you want to >print photos it can also do that however you might want to get the >IP4000 for better photo quality. > >shah wrote: > >>Hi, >>I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use >>epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson >>printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon >>ip3000 or epson r200 >>Thanks >>...

No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux
Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer. I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came out. Is there a workaround? Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer? ...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the >difference is? Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks, specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y). The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume. >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in the Canon printer and replacement cost? Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure. I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the i...

Epson R380 vs. Canon Pixma MP470
A few months ago I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R380 printer which is promoted as being excellent for printing photographs. No matter what settings I've tried and what papers I've tried I have never been able to get the printer to produce printouts that don't have streaks which appear to be caused by a nozzle that isn't working correctly or is misaligned. I've gone through innumerable nozzle checks and alignments without success. Today I purchased a Canon Pixma MP470 printer and it was able to produce excellent photographs on the very first try. So, my question i...

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers ...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Epson C86 photo edition vs Canon IP3000 Pixima
Hi, I am about a new printer but don't know which one to buy canon ip3000 or epson c86. I used to use epson but i have been through 3 epson printers in the last 5 years. I know printers nowadays don't last long but i would like it to last more than a 2 years. Are canon using a new head system compared to old printers which last longer? What i am looking for in a printer: 1) Long print life therefore most reliable 2) Cheap inks 3) Don't want to replace the head 4) Quality and quick printing Any suggestion from printer experts or any users of the printers. Thanks sha...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers
Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers. I am leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820 printer and 1660 scanner. I want the ability to print quality photos and scan negs and slides. I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four or six color. Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like them. Any input is apreciated. Jerry B ...

Cheapest Running Costs
Hello, I didn't post here for nearly 3 years, but I now need a new printer. I have been using an EPSON Stylus Colour 980, but the Print-Head got knackered after I used some cheap ink cartridges. Anyway I have been without a printer for 3 months, pain so I got a bit of spare cash, was looking in the �50.00-�100-00 price range. It's a little bit confusing now since each manufacturer have so many different models (why?). I do allot of document printing, and occasionally knock out the odd Photo print (just to show off :P) and print allot of CD-Labels. I have a CD-Printin...

Epson R300 vs Epson CX5400
Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO. Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ? "Roger Logan" <rogerlogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:W1hbc.56608$gA5.744296@attbi_s03... > Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO. > Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ? > > The R300 is the same as my R200, but has the added benefits of USB 2.0 and card reader. The R200 is superb for photo's, but text far less so. The CX5400 is based on an entirely different engine. It uses the Dura-brite inks and only ...

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Canon ip8500 Pixma Printer / AlBook Running Tiger / Problems
I have a Canon ip8500 Pixma printer connected to a 17" AlBook (most recent version) running Tiger. There are two items of software that come with the printer, a driver, and a photo printing program that allows the printer to exploit all eight color inks. The driver installer hangs about half way through, but it appears that the driver is installed as I can select the printer and print. The photo printing program installs, but hangs upon launch. I've checked the Canon website and there is no mention of any problem with the printer software and Tiger. Has anyone else had this ki...

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and >...

Russian website which had a service manual for the Canon Pixma IP3000 bubblejet printer.
Hello all. Some of the long standing subscribers to this news group will probably remember details of this Russian website. I'm probably going back more than one year. Thanks in advance for that info. BTW, any other source of supply will be appreciated. Sylvain. If you fancy a good ol' browse have a look on the old boards, the one before this came into being... here's the link http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum39.html... Note:This is read only davy Did you mean this one - 'Service Manuals' (http://www.eserviceinfo.com/) "...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

Web resources about - Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs - comp.periphs.printers

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Broken neck no barrier to running for gutsy first-time marathoner
Thirty-two-year-old raises raised the bar for herself and will complete her first marathon at the Australian Running Festival.

Neel Kashkari Feeling The Bern On First Day Running Minneapolis Fed
It's a bad scene at the Goldman Sachs alumni club.

Time's Running Out for Ad Age Digital Conference Early-Bird Registration
How are the best brands and smartest marketers coping with the seismic, digitally-driven changes rocking advertising? How are industry innovators ...

Running for their lives: Mexico's teenage Raramuri
... - and the protege he hopes will make it. Chihuahua, Mexico - Athletics coach Carlos Ortega saw only fleeting glimpses of the "floating running ...

The ‘You Lie’ Debate: Republicans Running Out of Time to Stop Trump in South Carolina
A Republican slugfest in South Carolina Saturday night pitted Marco Rubio against Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush against John Kasich and Donald Trump against ...

Poll: Hillary Clinton Running Far Behind 2008 Numbers in Nevada
Poll: Hillary Clinton Running Far Behind 2008 Numbers in Nevada

Mind Spiders go "Running" with new single (listen), playing Dirtnap Records SXSW showcase w/ Radioactivity ...
... TX's Mind Spiders are set to release their new album Prothesis on March 12 via Dirtnap and they've just dropped a new track from it, "Running." ...

REPORT: £1.8 billion tech company Powa is lining up administrators after running out of cash
... that Powa, which makes a mobile app that lets you buy things with your phones camera, had "significant doubts" about its future after running ...

Barbie Is Running For President
... well enough to know how to work that image, so we’ve already got a lot of confidence in her campaign. The yellow-clad doll is her running mate, ...