Epson R300 vs Epson CX5400

Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO.
Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ?

0
Roger

"Roger Logan" <rogerlogan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO.
> Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ?

The R300 is the same as my R200, but has the added benefits of USB 2.0 and
card reader.

The R200 is superb for photo's, but text far less so.

The CX5400 is based on an entirely different engine. It uses the Dura-brite
inks and only four of them at that.

It may be a better all rounder, but probably won't do so well at pictures.
Saying that, if I'd had room for one, I'd have probably bought one instead
of the R200.

Si.

0
Si
4/2/2004 5:41:06 PM
"Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Roger Logan" <rogerlogan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Trying to decide between the Epson vs. EpsonCX54OO.
> > Has any one tried any of these printer / scanners ?

   If your looking at the all in ones that are 6 colour, look at the RX500
or the RX600...  If you  want  a four colour that is close to the 300  look
at the CX6400...  Much better than the CX5400

0
NCHA

Epson paper ONLY on Epson printers?
My packet of Epson Profession Media Premium Luster Photo Paper bear the warning: "Caution: This media is manufactured for use with EPSON inkjet printers only. Using this paper with other printers or copiers may cause hardware damage." How could the paper cause hardware damage to, say, an HP inkjet printer? That seems to be implied in such a broad warning. They could have said: "This media is manufactured for use with inkjet printers only." Mason C Well, first off, I think you are correct that the major concern is that the pape...

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson 4990 vs Epson V700
I was looking for scanners...it seems Epson is upgrading its line and the 4990 will become second to the V700 and V750 pro. Seems the diff btwn V700 and V750 is more software and wet mounting. Comment? Anybody bought a V700 (avail this month-march) or V750 (tho 750 not avail til may)? Just ordered the V700. I'm hoping the new model will be good right out of the box??? I'm replacing an Expression 1600, a nice solid pro level scanner that died. Tom tomm42 <tmonego@wildblue.net> wrote: > Just ordered the V700. I'm hoping the new model will be good right...

Epson v350 vs Epson 4490
I want some recommendations on which one of the two would be a good purchase. Price (for refurbished) is about the same. I cannot find any real difference between the two looking at specs. So maybe someone knows how they differ.. I currently use an Epson 2450 that I like, but think one of these would be an upgrade. Thanks. BTW: What is the deal with Digital ICE technology. A good thing? or not. Digital ICE is wonderful, I would not buy a scanner without it. But it does not work on all film types. It's best, by far, for color negatives, results with color slides vary...

EPSON 580 vs Epson C82
Howdy....On my Epson 580 I had the option of printing in black, using color ink. Also I could print in black using black ink only. And they recommended using black ink to conserve on the more expensive color cartridge. Comes the C82 where there is no mention at all as to what cartridges are used to print black!!!! Another sleight of hand forcing people into using the more expensive color cartidges to print black? Anybody have the facts? Would appreciate it !. MIke mppg1@att.net Are you saying the driver doesn't offer you a check box for black only printing? I can t...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

EPSON Epson TM 220PD Receipt Printer
Warning to those using Epson TM 220PD receipt printer for POS system --------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you buy a Epson TM 220PD printer in South Asia, you have to go to Epson website to find the driver like a detective. You need to register as a user at the Epson website and then search for the right driver. And if your printer still does not work properly hard luck for you because Epson does not entertain email enquiry - at least from South Asia. I email them but no reply. Luckily I finally managed to find the somewhat compatible r...

Epson 4990: SilverFast Ai vs. Epson
I just upgraded to the 4990 Pro from my 1200 purchased in 9/99. My scanner came with SilverFast Ai. When using Photoshop, I see that I can use Silverfast or the Epson scanner driver. The Epson enables ICE, while the Silverfast evidently does not. My initial job will be scanning a set of about fifty roughly 40 year old proofs. The photos are mostly color, with some black and white. Future scanning jobs will always be photos. I have a Ricoh 1035 for office document work. I am a novice at this, and am not seeking to become a pro. Thus, I would like the hardware and software to do ...

BEWARE EPSON UK censoring or blocking printer reviews that point to shoddy support and service
I wrote an honest inoffensive detailed response to an Epson 7890 Wide Format Printer review request from Epson. They obviously don't like honesty which puts their entire own website review system into disrepute. Which I guess applies to many home grown reviews. Treat with caution and try to find independent review sites. So I shall give my review here which will hopefully filter into the real world. 1: The 7890 is a very nice machine but huge and very heavy. It's a four man job to move it but NO HANDLES or lifting points are provided. So if you think you might have it upst...

Epson StylusRip vs Epson direct printing probs
We got the client's set up. Using XP Pro, and The epson 1270 with the Stylus RIP. However, when printing through the rip using Epsons's postscript printer driver photos are severely washed out - even though they look excellent on screen and when printed via Epsons USB printer driver print just as excellent. We are a little stumped as to why the same image when printing via the epson postscript printer driver through the RIP are so washed out. Any tips on what we should be looking for - perhaps changes in the default epson postscript printer driver settings? Or? Things wer...

Epson Photo R300 Printer
FYI for anybody buying an Epson Stylus Printer R300 to use in OSX. I just bought one and I am using it on a G4, 450 MHZ running OS10.2.8. It prints in OSX and it prints in OS9.2.2 but it will not print in classic mode. I called Epson help line and was told that some of there drivers don't print in classic. That if it prints in OSX and 9.X then they consider it an Apple OS problem. The apple support site says to connect the driver supplier for similer printing problems. I did not talk directly to Apple. As long as you can start your computer in OS9 you are OK, but if you can't ...

Epson 3200 File Size with Vuescan vs Epson
I scanned one medium format B/W negative with both the Epson 1.25a and Vuescan 78 software. Can someone explain why such a file size difference? 334,584KB - Epson 1.25a (w3.627" x h4.612", resolution 3200) 96,814KB - Vuescan 78 (w3.663" x h4.517", resolution 3200) I saved them to an uncompressed TIFF file. My scan settings were as follows 16 Bit Gray for both software Scan Resolution at 3200 for both software Filters on Vuescan were set at Restore Color On, Restore Fading On, Grain Reduction Off, and Sharpen On. Filters on Epson 1.25a were set at Unshar...

Epson v Epson?
Anyone know what the difference is between the Epson V100 and Epson V350? http://tinyurl.com/36ckw9 They both seem to have almost identical specs. What makes one attract a 40% price premium over the other? Cheers John John wrote: > Anyone know what the difference is between the Epson V100 and Epson > V350? http://tinyurl.com/36ckw9 > > They both seem to have almost identical specs. What makes one attract > a 40% price premium over the other? > > Cheers > > John > > 4800 vs 3200 optical resolution seems to be it. ...

Epson R800 vs. R300
I need to make a quick decision between the two printers and I'm hoping someone can answer a few qustions: 1. Can the R800 print the full 11" length of a 8.5" x 11" page (a border on the width is not important). I need to be able to print DVD case inserts on standard letter size stock. To do this I need to be able to print the full lengh. 2. An immediate need is to be able to print on DVD's. Since both printers have this capability, does one do a better job of it than the other? In particular I was wondering about the abrasion resistance. Does the "Gloss Optimizer" overcoat on the R800 provide extra protection. Which printer is most likely to print on a wide variety of printable media? Answers to these questions, and any others I should consider would be greatly appreciated. << From: ronb@transco.com (transco) Date: Sun, May 23, 2004 8:45 PM Message-id: <348a0c98.0405231745.2fb0f3d3@posting.google.com> I need to make a quick decision between the two printers and I'm hoping someone can answer a few qustions: 1. Can the R800 print the full 11" length of a 8.5" x 11" page (a border on the width is not important). I need to be able to print DVD case inserts on standard letter size stock. To do this I need to be able to print the full lengh. 2. An immediate need is to be able to print on DVD's. Since both printers have this capability, does one do a better job of it than the ...

Silverfast AI vs. Epson w/Epson 4870
Novice questions: In searching for info regarding these two scan engines, I get the impression that different programs can actually give different 'physical' results? i.e. difference in sharpness etc.? If either program was set to scan with all options 'off' (no dust, ice, USM, etc...), can the scans be different? Also, are all USM algorithms the same, or do they differ from product to product. Trying to decide whether to install Silverfast or stick to the Epson interface... thanks a If you have the better Ai version of Silverfast, I would definitely gi...

Epson R300 vs R800
I have an Epson R300 and can get an R800 inexpensively... How much difference is there in print permanence, print quality, and cost per print made? The main application is high-quality printing of photographs, some of which are sold in a gallery. -- Clear skies, Michael A. Covington Author, Astrophotography for the Amateur www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html You definitely want the R800 then. The difference in permanence is considerable. (At least based upon current testing methods). The quality of the print is marginal, but if they are gallery prints, you want to give them everything you've got. Cost to run is higher for the R800, because it uses the Ultrachrome inks and a gloss optimizer. The R300 uses dye inks, which do not require the gloss optimizer for glossy papers. Since pigments tend to lower the luster in areas where they are printed on high gloss papers, the optimizer coats the area to bring the gloss back up. Art Michael A. Covington wrote: > I have an Epson R300 and can get an R800 inexpensively... > > How much difference is there in print permanence, print quality, and cost > per print made? > > The main application is high-quality printing of photographs, some of which > are sold in a gallery. > > Arthur Entlich wrote: > You definitely want the R800 then. The difference in permanence is > considerable. (At least based upon current testing...

epson printer & epson matte paper question
i'm using the os x driver for epson's stylus photo 1200... and i just realized that it has no output media setting for matte paper. should i simply use the photo ink jet setting? or is there way to more properly calibrate for matte paper? Tia, ...

Epson color Printer 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?
My Epson stylus 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. What OS and what driver version do you have for the 600? "news.thelink.net" <HH2W7U33-ZB1YNZYH-CGE7PV9B-BCGXHH6V-DDWBLHFC@> wrote in message news:mlqjj09941s0f4inpgrmekor80am01ef4u@4ax.com... > My Epson stylus 600 will not print with the software from my CD or > Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 > software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. What OS are you using? What OS did you install from the CD? Art news.thelink.net wrote: > My Epson stylus 600 will not print with the software from my CD or > Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 > software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. ...

Objective comparison of output from Epson 2200 vs Epson 3000?
I am looking at buying a printer for making large photographic prints; I really like the larger sheet size of the 3000, but the 2200 would probably be sufficient. I've read lots of reviews and stats on these two machines, but still have to ask: objectively speaking / for the casual viewer, how does the output quality compare? Also, what sort of per-page ink cost should I expect? Thank in advance! ...

Epson R300 vs Canon i965
Hi, Any opinions? Thanks rol Hi there Antonius, I just got my R300 up and running and prints looks great. However, I'm not in a position to compare. Would be interesting to know if someone has some feedback to share. Happy Holidays "antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe6d952$0$27618$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > Hi, > Any opinions? > Thanks > rol > > "antonius" <ruiol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe6d952$0$27618$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > Hi, > Any opinions? > Thank...

Epson Stylus CX5400 printer/scanner
Hello, I have checked the Sane supported scanner site and there is no support for the CX5400 scanner. Has anyone successfully installed this scanner. I am running Enterprise. Richard On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:00:54 +0000, Richard DePasquale wrote: > Hello, > I have checked the Sane supported scanner site and there is no support for > the CX5400 scanner. Has anyone successfully installed this scanner. > I am running Enterprise. > > Richard Yes, I have two Epson Stylus CX5400 all-in-ones on two different systems, each running Mandrake Linux. They have worked wit...

Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer
Anyone out there using one of these under OS/2? Is it supported? Thanks, Richard ...

Epson printers
Aside from the obvious difference in print output size, what are the _real quality_ differences between the new Epson 2400 and 4800 printers? The 2400 advertises much higher 5760x1440 dpi printing, but the 4800 at 2880x1440 is listed as a "Pro" model. What gives? Both use the new K3 inks. TIA for any help... Mark >Mark Anon writes ... > >Aside from the obvious difference in print output size, what are the _real >quality_ differences between the new Epson 2400 and 4800 printers? I have the 2200 and 4000 models (one generation earlier) and there...

Re: Epson R200 vs R300
As far as printing digital images is the print capability the same for both of these models. I know that the R300 has the small LCD screen and can take the various chips for direct printing. Is the difference in cost worth those capabilities? TIA On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:00:36 -0700, oldgrey <oldgrey@gotcha.net> wrote: | As far as printing digital images is the print capability the same for | both of these models. I know that the R300 has the small LCD screen | and can take the various chips for direct printing. Is the difference | in cost worth those capabilities? IMHO, no... especially if you tend to do as I do and process photos with something such as Photoshop before printing anyway. I'm sure many people have a much better eye for photography that I do, but I never seem to be able to take a shot that's optimally printable directly from the flash card. Larc ��� - Change planet to earth to reply by email - ��� It depends on what you plan on doing with your printer. If you take all your images into the computer and adjust them then you don't need the 300. In article <drkin0d9il2l9kc5g9km2moav1basu9kip@4ax.com>, larc-news@jupiterlink.net (Larc) wrote: > I'm sure many people have a much better eye for photography that I do, > but I never seem to be able to take a shot that's optimally printable > directly from the flash card. Printers that take flash cards are designed for...

Web resources about - Epson R300 vs Epson CX5400 - comp.periphs.printers

Epson Ink - Epson Printer Ink Cartridges - Epson America, Inc.
Find Epson ink with the click of a mouse at Epson Supplies CentralSM. Search for Epson printer ink cartridges by product code or by selecting ...

HP All-In-One Device Works Great With Linux
... very workable in Linux. Really, it’s been great. And this piece below works to illustrate what I think. I recently replaced both my Epson CX5400 ...

Epson Ink Cartridges, Cheap Epson Printer Ink - Cartridge Ink
At Cartridge Ink we have a huge selection of epson ink cartridges at very cheap prices. All our cartridges come with free delivery and are fully ...

Epson Ink - Epson Printer Ink Cartridges - Epson America, Inc.
Find Epson ink with the click of a mouse at Epson Supplies CentralSM. Search for Epson printer ink cartridges by product code or by selecting ...

Epson Ink - Epson Printer Ink Cartridges - Epson America, Inc.
Find Epson ink with the click of a mouse at Epson Supplies CentralSM. Search for Epson printer ink cartridges by product code or by selecting ...

An old hacker slaps up Slackware
Slackware is old-school Linux. Back in the day — before Red Hat seized the throne — Pat Volkerding’s Linux distribution was the undisputed king ...