Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers

Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers.  I am
leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820
printer and 1660 scanner.  I want the ability to print quality photos
and scan negs and slides.

I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg
scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four
or six color.

Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like
them.

Any input is apreciated.

Jerry B
0
JerryBianchi

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson Printer Utility, where did my printers go?
I've tried Googling this issue but there is precious little information (that I can understand) out there. I recently had my TiBook upgraded to OSX Tiger. I cannot print to either my Epson Stylus 777, or the C60, as the jobs stop themselves every time I try. In the past, I would open up trusty Epson Printer Utility, determine what the problem was, and fix it. Well, I was able to find my printer utility, but there are no printers in the list and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make them appear there. My system was upgraded using a site license so I do not ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Overclock Epson printer ? What makes a printer speedy ?
Hi, My beloved Epson 580 only suffers from its speed (well, lack of, I mean). I wonder if there's a way to "overclock" a printer. I mean, what makes a difference in speed between two printers, say Epson. Is it just a different motor ? If so, is it really cheaper to have so many different motors as speed increases in the range. Is it build-in memory ? Could the printer be slowed down because its "cheap" build would not bear greater speed, like processors are (tested to give them their actual speed). Thanks. The most common reason one printer is faster ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

BEWARE EPSON UK censoring or blocking printer reviews that point to shoddy support and service
I wrote an honest inoffensive detailed response to an Epson 7890 Wide Format Printer review request from Epson. They obviously don't like honesty which puts their entire own website review system into disrepute. Which I guess applies to many home grown reviews. Treat with caution and try to find independent review sites. So I shall give my review here which will hopefully filter into the real world. 1: The 7890 is a very nice machine but huge and very heavy. It's a four man job to move it but NO HANDLES or lifting points are provided. So if you think you might have it upst...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

multifunction vs dedicated printer
I was about to buy an Epson 4180. Its specs (for scanning 35mm negatives) is quite adequate. I was walking by an Epson RX500. It has an optical res of 2400 dpi. Not as good as the 4180, but 2400 should be fine for 35mm neg scanning. Scanning photos seem to be fine with almost any decent flatbed. The printing specs (and looking at the actual output) seems impressive. I have always believed in buying a separate scanner and printer because previous multifunction boxes never did a superb job in either case. This RX500 may have changed my mind. Before putting down my hard earned $, I'm just looking for opinions. I can spend a little more and get a decent multifunction scanner/printer or a little less and get a decent scanner. Then I would have to look for good photo printer. ...

Resetter printer canon epson
Reset Printer Canon BJC-3000/6x00/7x00/8000 1. Power off printer 2. Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper wil sound once. 3. Hold POWER and release RESUME 4. Press RESUME twice 5. When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times The indicator should be orange. 6. Press Power to set data more on 'Free Resetter Software (http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com) epson 'Epson Resetter Printer Service Manual and Repair (http://epsonresetter.blogspot.com ...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Epson RX500 printer problems
I've had this printer for approximately 6 months with no problems. I've just recently replaced my printer cartridges with generics and although did not have any problems initially, now I cannot get the magenta (486) to clear up, I get vertical banding in anything that I print. I have tried to align the heads (all well there), cleaned the printer heads 8 times and checked the nozzles everytime thereafter and always the magenta has gaps in it. I'm at a loss as to what my next option is. Incidentally, the magenta was the first cartridge that I had replaced, never had a problem up until now. Also, I use my printer at least once a week (more since the Holidays). Should I try to replace the cartridge again (magenta)? Continue to clean (this uses a LOT of ink)? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Do you have any idea of how much ink is left in the magenta cartridge? Maybe you are just low on that color ink? I have refilled my black cartridge on my Epson RX500 with purchased ink and so far, it is behaving. I use black more than the other colors, but I'll be replacing them soon, as well. If low ink is your problem, buying another magenta cartridge is an easy way to check out the rest of the system. Sherwin D. madiiisc@yahoo.com wrote: > I've had this printer for approximately 6 months with no problems. > I've just recently replaced my printer cartridges with generics and ...

Canon multifunction printers and SP2
Hi, I saw this message in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin "SP2 causes Canon Multfunction Printers to fail: After installing SP2 my Canon Multipass F30 fails to print. I get an error message: "Unable to communicate with the device. Please start MPService from the Services applet in the Control Panel." If I restart MPService, the printer will work for about 5 minutes before the message pops up again. After searching the web, I have found that this is true for any Canon multifunction printer. Canon's support page has no updates. Please help." I have an MP360 - has anyone had any problems with this printer after installing SP2 (solutions to any problems would be appreciated too!) Oops - nearly forgot the message id: xoUZc.42$zB.2928@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au -- John Latter Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect. http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020 -- Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware) www.coribright.com "John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message news:8lqtk0htql84u81l10tjdhnsdtn29ioh3r@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I saw this message in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin > &g...

Epson RX630 multifunction printer
Hi, I have had this printer for only 3 weeks now and the ink levels according to the software are all under half full. I have used only slightly under 100 a4 pages. Made up of 70 txt and 28 photographs. It seems to me to be quite exessive use of ink. Any one else know whether this model is an excessive user of ink please? ken canon gets better mileage than epson ken gracia wrote: >Hi, I have had this printer for only 3 weeks now and the ink levels >according to the software are all under half full. >I have used only slightly under 100 a4 pages. Made up of...

Web resources about - Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers - comp.periphs.printers

Multifunction printer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MFP manufacturers traditionally divided MFPs in to various segments . The segments roughly divide the MFPs according to their speed in pages ...

Multifunction devices - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Multifunction devices from Computerworld

Cabinet Papers 1986-1987: Crocodile Dundee, 'Joh for Canberra' and the Multifunction Polis
Australia seemed unstoppable in 1986 and 1987 when the Hawke-Keating combo was at its zenith.

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Incase MacBook cases $25, Multifunction Laser Printer $69, GoPro HERO4 Black $400 ...
... coverage of Tips and Tricks , 9to5Toys , and Daily Deals . What do you think? Discuss "9to5Toys Lunch Break: Incase MacBook cases $25, Multifunction ...

Price Drop: Multifunction Ruler
Multifunction Ruler 2.1 Device: iOS Universal Category: Utilities Price: Free, Version: 2.1 ( iTunes ) Description: The most perfect marks! ...

Official: Toyota Me.We concept is a multifunction Tupperware car
... down to see more in an official video and to check out Toyota's official press release. Continue reading Toyota Me.We concept is a multifunction ...

Wearables: Galaxy Gear Confirms Credit Suisse View of ‘Multifunction Devices’
On the heels of Samsung Electronics‘s (005930KS) media event in Berlin and New York on Wednesday unveiling the Galaxy Gear smart watch, Credit ...

Canon i-SENSYS MF229dw: A great value multifunction printer for home and small business
There’s no shortage of cut-price mono laser printers on the market, but the multifunction Canon i-SENSYS MF229dw is the perfect example of why ...

Save 75% on a Canon black and white multifunction laser printer on Amazon
When you need to print you want a printer that is dependable and will get the job done. The Canon imageCLASS MF227dw Black and White Multifunction ...

Cisco Systems helps digital signs evolve into multifunction touchscreens
Cisco Systems helps digital signs evolve into multifunction touchscreens Bizjournals.com The technology, which Cisco calls an “Interactive ...