f



Epson's war on it's customers

Epson's war on it's customers.

Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US taxpayers 
US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in blocking
any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I cannot 
afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't get my $2 
inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink cartridge 
(8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted during the 
Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that means I buy 
much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would I ever again 
buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who treats me as an 
enemy?
I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk 
filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How 
does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the 
plumetting sales of Epson printers? 


0
Frank
2/9/2009 9:43:21 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
231 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27



"Frank Arthur" <Art@Arthurian.com> wrote in message 
news:Jl1kl.1753$v8.670@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> Epson's war on it's customers.
>
> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US taxpayers US 
> Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in blocking
> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I cannot 
> afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't get my $2 inks 
> and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink cartridge (8x$13) 
> $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted during the Nozzle Check 
> & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that means I buy much, much less 
> Epson Paper too. And what chance would I ever again buy another Epson 
> Printer from a manufacturer who treats me as an enemy?
> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk filling 
> system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How does that help 
> me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the plumetting sales of 
> Epson printers?
>
Just curious as to which Epson model  do you have?
-- 
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net


0
Jan
2/9/2009 10:04:50 PM
"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message 
news:6M1kl.2231$eK2.460@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
>
>
>
> "Frank Arthur" <Art@Arthurian.com> wrote in message 
> news:Jl1kl.1753$v8.670@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>> Epson's war on it's customers.
>>
>> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US 
>> taxpayers US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in 
>> blocking
>> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I 
>> cannot afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't 
>> get my $2 inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink 
>> cartridge (8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted 
>> during the Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that 
>> means I buy much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would 
>> I ever again buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who 
>> treats me as an enemy?
>> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk 
>> filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How 
>> does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the 
>> plumetting sales of Epson printers?
>>
> Just curious as to which Epson model  do you have?
> -- 
> Jan Alter
> bearpuf@verizon.net
>
Epson Stylus Photo R1800 


0
Frank
2/10/2009 12:17:32 AM
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:43:21 -0500, Frank Arthur wrote:

> Epson's war on it's customers.
> 
> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US taxpayers 
> US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in blocking
> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I cannot 


I think it is great they are protecting your photos from poor quality and
fading and for protecting your printer from being ruined.




> afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't get my $2 
> inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink cartridge 

You can get cheap prints at Costco.


> (8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted during the 
> Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that means I buy 
> much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would I ever again 
> buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who treats me as an 
> enemy?

It seems that you are the enemy of all printer mfg.  Just do not print.


> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk 
> filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How 
> does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the 
> plumetting sales of Epson printers?


I am glad you like your printer.  If you do not like your printer then do
not use it.
0
measekite
2/10/2009 4:39:35 AM
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:17:32 -0500, Frank Arthur wrote:

> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message 
> news:6M1kl.2231$eK2.460@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
>>
>>
>>
>> "Frank Arthur" <Art@Arthurian.com> wrote in message 
>> news:Jl1kl.1753$v8.670@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>>> Epson's war on it's customers.
>>>
>>> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US 
>>> taxpayers US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in 
>>> blocking
>>> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I 
>>> cannot afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't 
>>> get my $2 inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink 
>>> cartridge (8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted 
>>> during the Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that 
>>> means I buy much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would 
>>> I ever again buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who 
>>> treats me as an enemy?
>>> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk 
>>> filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How 
>>> does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the 
>>> plumetting sales of Epson printers?
>>>
>> Just curious as to which Epson model  do you have?
>> -- 
>> Jan Alter
>> bearpuf@verizon.net
>>
> Epson Stylus Photo R1800

That is a great printer.  You should use Epson ink to get what Epson
designed into the printer.
0
measekite
2/10/2009 5:00:55 AM
measher-shit-head, the oem ink drinking loser wrote:
-----------------------------------
Hey measher-shit-head...invite everyone over to your hangouts, 
comp.periphs.printers and rec.photo.digital so they can all be witness 
to how everyone over there, and I mean everyone, totally hates your 
stupid, ignorant, condescending fascist atheist guts for the lies you've 
told and all of the disruption you've caused.
I told you I would get your sorry sick stupid ignorant ass for all the 
problems you've cause over there you austrian fascist atheist bigoted 
asshole pig!
But you didn't care about that did you? You only care about your stupid 
POS ignorant self!
Well you dumb stupid POS ignorant loser, payback is such a bitch ain't 
it!...LOL!
0
FBonWin7b1x64
2/10/2009 5:35:45 AM
"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message 
news:by7kl.6776$jZ1.811@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com...
> On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:43:21 -0500, Frank Arthur wrote:
>
>> Epson's war on it's customers.
>>
>> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US 
>> taxpayers
>> US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in blocking
>> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I 
>> cannot
>
>
> I think it is great they are protecting your photos from poor 
> quality and
> fading and for protecting your printer from being ruined.

No. They are protecting their profits because they fear competition by 
other ink suppliers
will be selling just as high quality inks at much lower cost.
I am an adult and I don't need "big brother" to protect me from 
"printer ruination".
Actually Epson is fearful of competition and that is why they set 
about to destroy their
competetitors. In other words Epson could not show their inks to be 
superior so they
block others. Without competition you are forced to pay exhorbitant 
prices. Didn't you know
that?


>
>
>> afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't get my $2
>> inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink cartridge
>
> You can get cheap prints at Costco.

And of course Costco will not be using Epson inks or Epson paper. And
I would not be able to control my printing. Your "big brother" 
attitude of
telling me, an adult, what I should or shouldn't do is a poor idea.

>
>> (8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted during 
>> the
>> Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that means I 
>> buy
>> much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would I ever again
>> buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who treats me as an
>> enemy?
>
> It seems that you are the enemy of all printer mfg.  Just do not 
> print.

Not true. Their are many retail outlets across America offering 
competative inks and
ink refils- but not Epson.


>
>> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk
>> filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How
>> does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the
>> plumetting sales of Epson printers?
>
>
> I am glad you like your printer.  If you do not like your printer 
> then do
> not use it.

Isn't that wonderful. I use much less Epson paper. My creativity is 
stifled by the exhorbitant $104 set of inks.
A lose-lose situation. So much for the brilliant suggestion of an 
idiot "measekite". 


0
Frank
2/10/2009 2:32:48 PM
"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote:

> "Frank Arthur" <Art@Arthurian.com> wrote in message 
> news:Jl1kl.1753$v8.670@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> > Epson's war on it's customers.
> >
> > Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US taxpayers US 
> > Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in blocking
> > any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I cannot 
> > afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't get my $2 inks 
> > and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink cartridge (8x$13) 
> > $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted during the Nozzle Check 
> > & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that means I buy much, much less 
> > Epson Paper too. And what chance would I ever again buy another Epson 
> > Printer from a manufacturer who treats me as an enemy?
> > I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk filling 
> > system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How does that help 
> > me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the plumetting sales of 
> > Epson printers?
> >
> Just curious as to which Epson model  do you have?

	I would wanna know his special Epson printer too.
0
Joel
2/10/2009 2:55:31 PM
measekite wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:17:32 -0500, Frank Arthur wrote:
> 
>> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message 
>> news:6M1kl.2231$eK2.460@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
>>>
>>>
>>> "Frank Arthur" <Art@Arthurian.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:Jl1kl.1753$v8.670@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>>>> Epson's war on it's customers.
>>>>
>>>> Epson with their powerful legal staff and enforced by the US 
>>>> taxpayers US Customs and Border Protection has succeeded in 
>>>> blocking
>>>> any substitute inks to be used on my Epson desktop printer. I 
>>>> cannot afford to use my Epson printer much anymore since I can't 
>>>> get my $2 inks and I, as a hobbyist cannot afford to pay $13 an ink 
>>>> cartridge (8x$13) $104 for a set of inks. Much of the ink is wasted 
>>>> during the Nozzle Check & Cleaning processes anyway. Of course that 
>>>> means I buy much, much less Epson Paper too. And what chance would 
>>>> I ever again buy another Epson Printer from a manufacturer who 
>>>> treats me as an enemy?
>>>> I haven't done it yet- but my alternative is switching to a bulk 
>>>> filling system as a work around as many users seem to be doing. How 
>>>> does that help me? Epson? US Customs & Border Protection? of the 
>>>> plumetting sales of Epson printers?
>>>>
>>> Just curious as to which Epson model  do you have?
>>> -- 
>>> Jan Alter
>>> bearpuf@verizon.net
>>>
>> Epson Stylus Photo R1800
> 
> That is a great printer.  You should use Epson ink to get what Epson
> designed into the printer.

But according to you, the village idiot, you can use cheap photo paper. 
    Why do you waste the perfect, over priced, Canon ink on cheap paper? 
  I guess that cheap paper is good enough for you?  Let me guess, if you 
had a Ferrari you would bias ply tires on it?  How's that crow taste 
that you are chewing on?
0
Michael
2/14/2009 8:04:16 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

How would you rate your dentist's responsiveness?..., the dental office's customer service?... or your dental clinic's responsiveness?..., your dental clinic's customer service?...
Depending on where you get dental healthcare, how would you rate your dentist's responsiveness?..., the dental office's customer service?... or your dental clinic's responsiveness?..., your dental clinic's customer service?... depending on where you get dental healthcare. meant for sci.med.dentistry ! ...

Error? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s'));
Hi, I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with this command? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. Jack "Jack" <Jack@Jill.com> wrote in message news:ef3e449.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong > with this command? > > s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); > > The matlab syntax is -- as...

It's primitive; it's dumb; it's brittle--but it's AI.
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html is a pathway to the http://code.google.com/p/mindforth AI project at Google Code. The AI is primitive because it has only enough features to demon- strate thinking. It is "dumb" inasmuch as it has barely any IQ. It is extremely brittle because the slightest change in the code can destroy the artificial mind crafted so painstakingly in Forth: Arthur -- http://agi-roadmap.org/Milestones -- ten years of progress. ...

EA treats it's employee's worse than it's customers!
Just more reasons not to by Anything from EA http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/ http://www.igda.org/qol/open_letter.php On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:30:51 GMT, "Bill" <mrspamnobillo@nospam.bom> wrote: >Just more reasons not to by Anything from EA > >http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/ > >http://www.igda.org/qol/open_letter.php I would love to start boycotting EA because of their poor treatment of staff, but I am already boycotting them for making so many crap games they are actually damaging the industry and our art. "Bill" <mrsp...

[News] Asay on [H]omer's Piece Covering Yahoo's FOSS War, Apple's FOSS War
Yahoo! censoring open source to buddy up to Microsoft? Not likely ,----[ Quote ] | Slated is suggesting that Yahoo! is censoring out open source on its Answers | service. Apparently some suggestions that people try Ubuntu, among other | things, have been marked as a "violation of...Community Guidelines or Terms | of Service." `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9857129-16.html Many layoffs at Yahoo pretty shortly, according to reports. Apple is no angel either. Apple is still a Microsoft partner in many ways. Proprietary forks undermine open source’ purpose ,----[ Qu...

SSG's Carrier's at War 2007
After 3 days in front of this game I'm happy to say that my initial doubts have been overcome and I'd like to thank the guys at SSG and Matrix for encouraging me to stick with it - and to Mr G. here too for a very important historical perspective. After a disappointment about a lack of print friendly manual (I succumbed to printing with the color backdrops) and the fact the game is crashing sporadically to DT (the boys at SSG are on to it) I'm willing to summarise the game thus: - Just like Battle's in Normandy, SSG is replicating history pretty closely with Carrie...

100's of frames and 100's of alpha's into transparant GIF or PNG's
I render game sprites/floor tiles using lightwave. I output the frames and I output an alpha-image so I can seperate the objects from the renderings. I used to combine the alpha and the render in photoshop by hand, as photoshop can only load one batch of source files in it's action-macros. Now that the spritecount has risen into the double digits, I'm looking for a way to combine 100's of frames and 100's of alpha's into transparant GIF or PNG's. I have had no luck in photoshop for this, it only lets me specify one source folder per action. Does anyone have a clever ...

Gears of War's water, Bioshock's water, now Halo 3's water
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/11/11/frankie-is-obsessed-with-water/ ...

1 to 20 with x number of 1's, 2's, 3's, ... 20's
This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For example, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. Is there a simple command for this? Regards, Ulrik. On Sep 9, 10:52=A0am, "Ulrik Nash" <u...@sam.sdu.dk> wrote: > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me i= n the right dir...

Python's __getattr__, Perl's autoload, Ruby's method_missing, and Smalltalk's #doesNotUnderstand
I'm still new here, and I just completed reading CLTL's documentation on packages and On Lisp's documentation on CLOS. It doesn't appear that Lisp has the equivalent of Python's __getattr__, Perl's autoload, Ruby's method_missing, and Smalltalk's #doesNotUnderstand. That is, there is no way I can do this (without new-function being defined): (new-function) and have it call some other function like this: (missing-symbol 'new-function) whose returning value will be evaluated as the value of new-function. Or did I miss something? Jonathan Gardner <...

The iPhone's features: What's new, what's not
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9733965-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mt Unless you've cut yourself off from all media access this year, you know that on Friday, June 29 Apple will release its iPhone with AT&T. Ever since the device's unveiling last January, the tech world has been running in circles asking what the iPhone will be like, what it will do, and how it will do it. But because Apple hasn't been the leakiest of faucets when it comes to specs, the hype has resulted in a lot of speculation instead. Of course, that will all change in several days, as you can be sure everyone lucky...

Nvidia's 'Nalu' vs ATI's 'Ruby'
http://karpo.org/images/Dunno/Ruby.jpg Nvidia's GeForce 6800 (NV40) 'Nalu' demo consists of 300,000 polygons. very very impressive shit! ATI's Radeon X800 (R420) 'Ruby' demo consists of only 80,000 polygons. however it is also rendering a background with other elements. closer to what would be in an actual game. now, console gamers: keep in mind, whatever ATI has been able to come up with at this point (re: the R420 / Radeon X800) is a stepping stone to what they'll be able to have in 2005 for Xbox Next, and in 2006 for GCNext :) On 14 Apr 2004 21:33:15 -0700, n...

Nvidia's 'Nalu' vs ATI's 'Ruby'
http://karpo.org/images/Dunno/Ruby.jpg Nvidia's GeForce 6800 (NV40) 'Nalu' demo consists of 300,000 polygons. very very impressive shit! ATI's Radeon X800 (R420) 'Ruby' demo consists of only 80,000 polygons. however it is also rendering a background with other elements. closer to what would be in an actual game. now, console gamers: keep in mind, whatever ATI has been able to come up with at this point (re: the R420 / Radeon X800) is a stepping stone to what they'll be able to have in 2005 for Xbox Next, and in 2006 for GCNext :) On 14 Apr 2004 21:33:15 -0700, n...

Web resources about - Epson's war on it's customers - comp.periphs.printers

Resources last updated: 2/2/2016 4:23:07 PM