Epson Stylus Color 900 Can't remove color cartridge.

Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge to a
clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing.
HELP!

0
Ross

Ross
There is one sure fire way to do this on any inkjet (as far as I know). But
firstly check to see if the tool box for the printer allows you to replace a
non empty cartridge (some do).
If that is not the case then....
Power the printer on, if the head starts to move toward the centre (you should
hear it) immediately turn the power off at the wall socket (or pull the power
connector out of the printer). The head carriage will then be free to move on
the carriage bar, so you can lift the lid and move the carriage to the correct
position and do your thing! A few printers do not move the head during power
on. In that case make it print and pull the plug while it is printing, this can
increase ink usage but in your case that isn't a problem.
When you have changed the cartridge just close the lid and power on and if
there are a few strange noises just ignore them!
Check to see what the computer reports for the ink levels in the printer, if it
is 100% or close to that then all is OK, otherwise download the SSC utility
from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml and reset the colour ink levels after
setting the utility to match your printer.
Good luck
Tony

"Ross McFarlane" <Ross_A_McFarlane@email.msn.com> wrote:
>Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
>out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge to a
>clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing.
>HELP!

0
Tony
5/13/2005 6:12:46 AM
Ross
I should have added that if after you have changed the cartridge you have poor
quality printing then email Arthur Entlich at <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> and ask
for a copy of his free Epson printhead cleaning manual. It is possible that the
printhead has started to clog after being unused for months. Arthurs excellent
manual will help you recover the printhead.
Tony

Tony <> wrote:
>Ross
>There is one sure fire way to do this on any inkjet (as far as I know). But
>firstly check to see if the tool box for the printer allows you to replace a
>non empty cartridge (some do).
>If that is not the case then....
>Power the printer on, if the head starts to move toward the centre (you should
>hear it) immediately turn the power off at the wall socket (or pull the power
>connector out of the printer). The head carriage will then be free to move on
>the carriage bar, so you can lift the lid and move the carriage to the correct
>position and do your thing! A few printers do not move the head during power
>on. In that case make it print and pull the plug while it is printing, this
>can
>increase ink usage but in your case that isn't a problem.
>When you have changed the cartridge just close the lid and power on and if
>there are a few strange noises just ignore them!
>Check to see what the computer reports for the ink levels in the printer, if
>it
>is 100% or close to that then all is OK, otherwise download the SSC utility
>from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml and reset the colour ink levels after
>setting the utility to match your printer.
>Good luck
>Tony
>
>"Ross McFarlane" <Ross_A_McFarlane@email.msn.com> wrote:
>>Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
>>out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge to a
>>clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing.
>>HELP!

0
Tony
5/13/2005 6:25:23 AM
On Fri, 13 May 2005 02:29:35 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "Ross McFarlane"
<Ross_A_McFarlane@email.msn.com> wrote:

>Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
>out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge to a
>clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing.
>HELP!

I have no experience with the 900, but both my 1270 and R800 allow you to
move the head over regardless of the state of the cartridges using the
front panel controls.
----------
Ed Ruf    Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
http://EdwardGRuf.com
0
Ed
5/13/2005 8:53:19 AM
Your manual should have a section in it on replacing and "outdated"
cartridge.  If you no longer have your manual, it should be available at
www.epson.com.  Go to the US site and go to support and it will likely
be their as a .PDF file.

Art

Ross McFarlane wrote:

> Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
> out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge to a
> clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing.
> HELP!

0
Arthur
5/13/2005 4:03:24 PM
Thank you Tony, thank you Ed and thank you Art for the prompt replies.
Ross.

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Your manual should have a section in it on replacing and "outdated"
> cartridge.  If you no longer have your manual, it should be available at
> www.epson.com.  Go to the US site and go to support and it will likely
> be their as a .PDF file.
>
> Art
>
> Ross McFarlane wrote:
>
> > Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is
> > out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge
to a
> > clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs
replacing.
> > HELP!

0
res0uefa
5/13/2005 5:16:46 PM
If you haven't already figured it out, holding the Load/Eject button for
five seconds over-rides the 'no out of ink' code and the print head will
move to the change position.

Works for just about any Epson printer, especially the older ones like the
900, 740 et al.

"res0uefa" <res0uefa@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Thank you Tony, thank you Ed and thank you Art for the prompt replies.
> Ross.
>

> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Your manual should have a section in it on replacing and "outdated"
> > cartridge.  If you no longer have your manual, it should be available at
> > www.epson.com.  Go to the US site and go to support and it will likely
> > be their as a .PDF file.
> >
> > Art
> >
> > Ross McFarlane wrote:
> >
> > > Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light
is
> > > out.   It thinks ink cartridge is still full and  won't move cartridge
> to a
> > > clear area.   The cartridge has been unused for months and needs
> replacing.
> > > HELP!

0
Marky

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

10.3 "EPSON Printer Utility" desn't recognize Epson Stylus Color 777
"EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. However I was able print on this printer. For time to time I need to clean the printer nozzle. I can can do it in OS 9, but I want work in Panther. What can I do ? In article <abz-1811031618020001@192.168.1.3>, abz@videotron.ca (Alain Birtz) wrote: > "EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther > show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. > However I was ab...

Printer driver for Epson Stylus 200 'Color'?
Which of the many Epson drivers Printers provides is appropriate for this printer? There doesn't seem to be one designated for it. Trying to get an old one going, but if I'm not sending the appropriate signals ... - not much chance! Anyone using one? John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate In messag...

Refilled color cartridge won't print red color
We have a HP printer that we have been using for about a couple of years now. I bought a ink refill kit (color) from Office Depot a few months ago and refilled the color cartridge. It worked fine for a few weeks. I noticed over the weekend that it quit printing red (any color that needs magenta). So, I refilled the cartridge one more time and tried, but no use. I refilled it once again, still no use. When I press a piece of paper against the print head, I do see all three colors on the paper. I can actually see all three colors slightly oozing out of the head. But the printer prin...

HP Color LaserJet 4600 can't print darkblue color
Hi, after upgrading latest firmware and drivers for HP Color LaserJet 4600, it prints text or picture darkblue colored in black. It worked fine before this updates. Is there any workaround? Regards, Edin ...

Can't get the same color on a network printer
Hello, I use a Canon IP4200 printer shared on a Network. When I print some color patches on it from 5 different PCs, with EXACTLY the same settings, I see some color difference on the printed results. Any idea of how to solve this ? Thanks John John wrote: > Hello, > > I use a Canon IP4200 printer shared on a Network. > When I print some color patches on it from 5 different PCs, with EXACTLY the > same settings, I see some color difference on the printed results. > Any idea of how to solve this ? > > Thanks > > John Only use th...

epson stylus color 670 won't print
I have an epson stylus color 670. It will let me print the nozzle check in the properties, but nothing else. I'm running windows M.E. and have recently reinstalled windows but haven't had the problem until today. thanks to any reply ...

Epson Stylus Color 850 won't print black
My stylus color 850 has decisded that it doesn't want to print black. I have tried all the troubleshooting, cleaning heads etc, and have put in a new cartridge, but it just ignores all black print - colour is fine. Can anyone help? :( More than likely you have a blocked head or a air lock. If you email me privately, I will send you a manual for unclogging Epson printer heads, no charge. Just mention the printer type and the problem, and if you are using 3rd party inks, because if so I need to send you an extra bit of information. Art ryderalan wrote: > My stylus color 850 has decisded that it doesn't want to print black. > I have tried all the troubleshooting, cleaning heads etc, and have > put in a new cartridge, but it just ignores all black print - colour > is fine. Can anyone help? :( > ...

EPSON STYLUS R200: if one cartridge is low you can't print at all.
The main issue is this: I have a good amount of black ink but low on light cyan. I try to print a word document or an image that is a gray scale image and the printer stops the print job and says 'no ink' !!! I have enough black and other colors to print other specific things. Once one cartridge is low the printer recognizes that the printer is low on ink and you won't be able to print anything until you replace that single cartridge. It is driving me crazy!!! Are there any options/software that can adjust this issue??!?!?! Does anyone know anything about this!????!!!...

Epson color stylus 750. Won't print black anymore...
I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750 printer that I can't get to print black. I've tried the Windex in the ink snout tube trick, I've tried multiple cartridges many, many clean cycles and no black. Some black printed with the Windex but no more. Is it possible the head is shot? If so, is this an easy fix? How expensive and where do I get one? I'm very mechanical and confident I could take it apart and replace the head I just want to be sure first. Is there a good test to see if it is the head? The color does print, by the way. Thanks. Dan don't take it apart. email Art Entlich at artistic@telus.net and ask him to send you his monograph on cleaning epson print heads. Be very careful about doing anything with the ink snout - damage that and you printer is DOA. Also putting fluid through it with much pressure can damage the head. I had an Epson Stylus 900 that had a slightly clogged head and followed several peoples recommendations. The best result was with Art Entlich's info. I got it to work as good as new by following his suggestions exactly as they are written. You may have to do what he suggests more than once - be patient. The combination of cleaning fluid on the pad, cleaning under the print head per his instructions, and doing print routines with cleaning fluid in an empty cartridge may bring it back to life. Even after doing all this I decided to get a new canon i960 which has really easy cart...

Any local retail stores selling ink cartridges for an old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer?
I seem to have troubles finding new ink cartridges from local retail stores for this old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer these days. I am in Los Angeles area. According to Epson's Web site, Office Max and CompUSA stores have them, but they don't appear to. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Fo...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. Some of the older Epson drivers tended to not uninstall fully, sometimes causing corrupted drivers or remnants from drivers portions from other printers to interact with one another. In some cases, the only fix is to ask Epson for a list of all the driver parts and locations and manually go through and remove them and then reinstall. If the printer appears to be printing with its normal feature set on the 440 drivers, it may not be worthwhile changing anything. Art Charles wrote: > My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD > or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus > 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have > windows 98. ...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. ...

Epson Stylus Color 900
April 27, 2004 When I print (test page, nozzle check, wordpad doc, etc) - there is NO black and only very, very faint color. Here is everything I have tried: - downloaded latest drivers from Epson site. - replaced both the black and the color ink cartridges twice (with ink bought at 2 different stores). - cleaned the nozzles (several times). - cleaned the heads (several times). - ran self-test 4 times (with printer disconnected from PC). - tried different paper types. - tried setting the ink to color in the properties, then tried setting it to black (on the Main tab). - ran ...

Changing Colors
Newbie question for you. I have a logo as a CMYK image, it has just the one color but with antialiasing. I want to change it all to another specific CMYK color. Replace Color only gives me a Hue slider etc, whereas I just want to type in the new color values. The fill bucket messes up the antialiasing. How do I do it? Many thanks, Z On May 9, 6:47 am, "Zimmy" <x...@y.z> wrote: > Newbie question for you. > > I have a logo as a CMYK image, it has just the one color but with > antialiasing. I want to change it all to another specific CMYK color. > Replace C...

Epson stylus color 900 #2
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? All my colour printing from windows 98 applications (but not the Epson printer test page) is coming out with a green hue/tint. I cannot seem ot find any settings to change this. It just started happening recently, tried a cartridge change, unloading and re-installing printer drivers.... Now where else should I look? ...

Can't print in color
I have Photoshop 7.0 on Win 98 SE with an Oki color laser jet and an Epson color inkjet. After reloading Photoshop a few times, it still will not print in color. All other programs print in color fine. Using the same PS 7 disk, on a laptop with Win XL, my Oki printed color fine. Why doesn't it print on my computer? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance Ron Check your printer settings Tom On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:44:49 GMT, Ron Laffey <carmaciv@gate.net> wrote: >I have Photoshop 7.0 on Win 98 SE with an Oki color laser jet and >an Epson color inkjet. After reloading...

cartridge colors don't match!
anyone know of a brand of after market cartridge for a epson photo ex [same as the 750] that matches the ink colors of a OEM ? I bought a couple for 5.99 and the magenta isso strong everything has a purple tinge! http://community.webtv.net/geobj/BJORKLAND ...

Can't delete colors in Indesign?
Indesign 2, OS 9, I'm trying to delete a spot color & repace it with a color called varnish, but it won't let me. There were a few charts, etc., that contained the spot color, but they are no longer in the doc. Why won't it let me delete this color? In article <8eB1e.52013$8D.8867@tornado.texas.rr.com>, Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote: > Indesign 2, OS 9, I'm trying to delete a spot color & repace it with a color > called varnish, but it won't let me. There were a few charts, etc., that > contained the spot color, but they are no long...

I can't set-up the color by glColor3d
Hi members, Thank you for your support. BTW, I have a problem of coloring. Befor texture mapping, I'd like to draw the edge in red. Then, my program is as follows, glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); glColor3d(1.0, 0.0, 0.0); glBegin(GL_LINE_LOOP); glVertex3d(-(float)height/2, -(float)width/2, 0.0); glVertex3d(-(float)height/2, (float)width/2, 0.0); glVertex3d((float)height/2, (float)width/2, 0.0); glVertex3d((float)height/2, -(float)width/2, 0.0); glEnd(); glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 4); // テクスチャの再描画 GLubyte* subTexZ = new GLubyte[height*width*4...

Can't load a color table
I am running IDL 6.0 on a Windows XP machine and my usual way of getting color images just isn't working, e.g., loadct,2 & tvscl,image Instead I get grey-scale images. Surely this is something stupid I am doing or forgot to do, but I can't think what it is. Thanks in advance for your help. Tom Over writes: > I am running IDL 6.0 on a Windows XP machine and my usual way of > getting color images just isn't working, e.g., > loadct,2 & tvscl,image > Instead I get grey-scale images. > > Surely this is something stupid I am doing or forgot to do, but I ca...

Can't change the colors in my Frame
I would like to get a blue background color in my frame. But I can only get white. import javax.swing.*; import java.awt.*; class Frame { public static void main(String[] args) { JFrame frame = new JFrame(); frame.getContentPane().add(new Panel()); frame.setTitle("Tegninger"); frame.setBackground(Color.blue); frame.setSize(800, 600); frame.setVisible(true); } } class Panel extends JPanel { public void paintComponent(Graphics g) { //a) 4 concentric circles g.drawOval(380,280,40,40); g.drawOval(370,270,60,60); g.drawOval(360,260,80...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

FA: EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer
EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer. Fast and reliable workhorse printer, in great shape! Auction ends November 9th. Thanks for looking! (click or copy the link below to see).. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=3439089958 ...

Web resources about - Epson Stylus Color 900 Can't remove color cartridge. - comp.periphs.printers