Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer - when returned to my printer , doesn't print at all!

I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get
that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there
is NO ink printing from the printer now).

Anyone use that app on this printer successfully?

OR is there another app that will work?

OR a hardware fix?

Thanks!
Brad

0
Brad

10.3 "EPSON Printer Utility" desn't recognize Epson Stylus Color 777
"EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. However I was able print on this printer. For time to time I need to clean the printer nozzle. I can can do it in OS 9, but I want work in Panther. What can I do ? In article <abz-1811031618020001@192.168.1.3>, abz@videotron.ca (Alain Birtz) wrote: > "EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther > show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. > However I was ab...

Epson Stylus Color 900 Can't remove color cartridge.
Printer will not position cartridge for removal while color ink light is out. It thinks ink cartridge is still full and won't move cartridge to a clear area. The cartridge has been unused for months and needs replacing. HELP! Ross There is one sure fire way to do this on any inkjet (as far as I know). But firstly check to see if the tool box for the printer allows you to replace a non empty cartridge (some do). If that is not the case then.... Power the printer on, if the head starts to move toward the centre (you should hear it) immediately turn the power off at the wall socket (or pull the power connector out of the printer). The head carriage will then be free to move on the carriage bar, so you can lift the lid and move the carriage to the correct position and do your thing! A few printers do not move the head during power on. In that case make it print and pull the plug while it is printing, this can increase ink usage but in your case that isn't a problem. When you have changed the cartridge just close the lid and power on and if there are a few strange noises just ignore them! Check to see what the computer reports for the ink levels in the printer, if it is 100% or close to that then all is OK, otherwise download the SSC utility from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml and reset the colour ink levels after setting the utility to match your printer. Good luck Tony "Ross McFarlane" <Ross_A_McFarlane...

Printer driver for Epson Stylus 200 'Color'?
Which of the many Epson drivers Printers provides is appropriate for this printer? There doesn't seem to be one designated for it. Trying to get an old one going, but if I'm not sending the appropriate signals ... - not much chance! Anyone using one? John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate In messag...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors
I want to be able to print the standard basic colors** exactly the same way that they appear on the screen. A specific instance of this is that cyan*** is printed as a much darker shade of blue than appears on the screen. I have found this exact same problem exists across several laser printer brands and models, and is likely an issue with all laser printers. How can I correct this problem? ** (Defined by combinations of RGB values at their maximum value of 255 and half of their maximum value of 128) . *** cyan--->Red(0), Green(255), Blue(255) Peter Olcott wrote:...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

Epson Color Stylus 740 injet printer
When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this problem? I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing parts of the black pattern. Regards Brian Hi Brian Based on the model you have quoted the printer is probably well out of warranty so I suggest that you e-mail Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> and ask him for help, he will e-mail you an excellent manual that will almost certainly help. If it is under warranty then call your nearest Epson service agent or the supplier of the printer for advice. Tony Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote: >When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that >pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK. >Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this >problem? >I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing >parts of the black pattern. > >Regards Brian Did it print OK before changing the cart? Did you completely run out of ink before changing the cart? OEM or aftermarket cart? Need a little information, please. "Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com... > When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridg...

Epson USB printer doesn't work with D-Link print server
Is there a print server than will wok with OS 9.1, with a USB printer? And or, with a LaserWriter Select 360? -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture ...

Printer Ink

Any local retail stores selling ink cartridges for an old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer?
I seem to have troubles finding new ink cartridges from local retail stores for this old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer these days. I am in Los Angeles area. According to Epson's Web site, Office Max and CompUSA stores have them, but they don't appear to. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Fo...

Is printing from DOS boot disk supposed to work through LPT1 with an EPSON Color STYLUS 880 Printer?
Someone told me that booting to DOS with a boot disk will not let me print even with type filename.txt > lpt1 and print key. Is it because of lack of printer drivers? I always thought printers had a standard to work without driver in DOS. I was puzzled why it didn't work now, but it worked in the past. Maybe because I had an old HP 560c Deskjet printer and IBM ProPrinter X24LE(?) dot matrix printer. Thank you in advance. :) -- "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail. ( ) maybe because your DOS isn't DOS. If you bootdisk is WinME forget it - you can't talk to ports outside of windows. <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message news:DtGdnYHQf5S5hAvcRVn-sQ@mminternet.net... > Someone told me that booting to DOS with a boot disk will not let me print > even with type filename.txt > lpt1 and print key. Is it because of lack of > printer drivers? I always thought printers had a standard to work without > driver in DOS. I was puzzled why it didn't work now, but it worked in the > past. Maybe because I had an old HP 560c Deskjet printer and IBM ProPrinter > X24LE(?) dot matrix printer. ...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer
I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page 1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in different locations and the best results have come with the code below. But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at all. How can this be??? Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer... PageFooterSection.Visible = False PageFooterSection.Height = 0 End Sub I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in print...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. ...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. Some of the older Epson drivers tended to not uninstall fully, sometimes causing corrupted drivers or remnants from drivers portions from other printers to interact with one another. In some cases, the only fix is to ask Epson for a list of all the driver parts and locations and manually go through and remove them and then reinstall. If the printer appears to be printing with its normal feature set on the 440 drivers, it may not be worthwhile changing anything. Art Charles wrote: > My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD > or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus > 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have > windows 98. ...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

"Print this", or, Printer-friendly function doesn't always print out everything
Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the 'complete' article, you will find that the inset "Tips to minimize mind-wandering" has not been printed out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17690541 <aesthete8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1174525586.134887.103490@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page > to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the...

xerox phaser 8400 color printer
I've acquired a xerox phaser 8400 that appears intact and complete, but has no inks in it. all I know is it supposedly has 'some sort of problem' but the specifics of the problem it has is unknown. 'past history' or additional specifics on the machine not unavailable. my question is: if I plug it in, and turn it on (with no inks in it), will it -first- tell me to 'add inks' -or- will it "throw whatever error code it's going to throw" PRIOR to telling me to add inks? in other words, I don't want to buy a set of ink-blocks to test it ...

Printer sometimes doesn't print.
I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her printer randomly doesnt print. She has a DELL A920 All In One and running Windows XP Home. Here is what happens: 1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up. Then nothing happens. 2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints. 3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled. 4) This is an Admin account. 5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc. This lead me to believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Printer Calibrates but Doesn't Print
I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without printing anything. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Graham "Graham" <gvincent@look.ca> wrote in message news:O_SdnUQrGuV5HKHcRVn-gg@look.ca... > I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB > Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between > the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I > try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in > the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. > It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without > printing anything. > > I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and > computer. > > Any suggestions would be appreciated! Sure sounds like a driver issue to me. I'd try starting in safe mode. Before you do anything drastic like reinstalling windows tr...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

FA: EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer
EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer. Fast and reliable workhorse printer, in great shape! Auction ends November 9th. Thanks for looking! (click or copy the link below to see).. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=3439089958 ...

using shared deskjet 720c (win 98 se) on another computer computer (win XP) but printer isn't in list of printers
Hello. Is there another computer that could be selected from the list that comes with Windows 87 Second Edition? The Deskjet 720 c isn't on the list. I tried to install the software on win98se machine but the install program is looking for an LPT port but I want to install it as a network shared printer. If I use "Add Printer" it prompts me to select from a list. The closest HP Deskjet on this list is 690c, 692c, 693c, 694c, 850c, 855c, etc. Can I substitute a lower number? How should I proceed? Thanks! Rich Hollenbeck Oops! I know there is no Windows 87! Doh! I mean...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Web resources about - Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer - when returned to my printer , doesn't print at all! - comp.periphs.printers