Expired cartridge for HP 2280 - Solution

I have found the solution for the problem on the Internet, so if it's
widely known just disregard this message.

From  Google cache:
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:xqrE6BIed7MJ:www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/26847+hp+cartridge+expired+2280&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
For all who have tried the suggestions on this forum and have failed.
I have a Business Inkjet from HP model 2280 (should be same with the
2230). Message came up - cartridge expired. Sure enough - was more
than 4 years after the date on the cartridge.
BUT - there is no battery I could see on the unit (HP BIJ 2280).

What solved the problem? Change the printer driver!!!
Instead of using the driver downloaded from HP.com or from the
manufacturer's CD - I used the Microsoft XP built-in driver for HP
Business InkJet 2200/2250 (HPA) (slightly different model as you see -
same functionality though...)

Worked like a charm! No more messages, that the cartridges have
expired, when trying to print from a computer.
Make sure to delete the original HP driver first, before installing
the one from MS - for the HP BIJ 2200/2250. Ignore any MS OS warnings,
that this driver may not work.

So - I'd suspect such to be the case with some other HP or Epson or
Lexmark or whatever manufacturer printers. Try an alternative print
driver (preferably one built into the OS) from the same manufacturer.
Hopefully - it will not have the "cartridge tracking" feature built
in.

Enjoy

So, I tried this one and it definitely works.
0
Kurt

Did you lose any features within the driver when you switched?  Did you
go to a driver that was defined for that specific printer, or one that
was more generic?

Just for the sake of information, the drivers provided within Windows
from Microsoft generally are written by the printer manufacturers.  They
may be tested by Microsoft for functionality.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

       http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Kurt R. wrote:
> I have found the solution for the problem on the Internet, so if it's
> widely known just disregard this message.
>
> From  Google cache:
> http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:xqrE6BIed7MJ:www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/26847+hp+cartridge+expired+2280&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> For all who have tried the suggestions on this forum and have failed.
> I have a Business Inkjet from HP model 2280 (should be same with the
> 2230). Message came up - cartridge expired. Sure enough - was more
> than 4 years after the date on the cartridge.
> BUT - there is no battery I could see on the unit (HP BIJ 2280).
>
> What solved the problem? Change the printer driver!!!
> Instead of using the driver downloaded from HP.com or from the
> manufacturer's CD - I used the Microsoft XP built-in driver for HP
> Business InkJet 2200/2250 (HPA) (slightly different model as you see -
> same functionality though...)
>
> Worked like a charm! No more messages, that the cartridges have
> expired, when trying to print from a computer.
> Make sure to delete the original HP driver first, before installing
> the one from MS - for the HP BIJ 2200/2250. Ignore any MS OS warnings,
> that this driver may not work.
>
> So - I'd suspect such to be the case with some other HP or Epson or
> Lexmark or whatever manufacturer printers. Try an alternative print
> driver (preferably one built into the OS) from the same manufacturer.
> Hopefully - it will not have the "cartridge tracking" feature built
> in.
>
> Enjoy
>
> So, I tried this one and it definitely works.
0
Arthur
12/6/2008 11:50:01 AM
Art,
> Did you lose any features within the driver when you switched? =A0

Do not know for sure. Seems to work fine.  Colors and alignments are
proper.

> Did you
> go to a driver that was defined for that specific printer, or one that
> was more generic?

I used "Business InkJet 2200/2250 (HPA)" entry from the Windows XP
list. There was no 2280/2230 on that list, so initially I used the
driver that came on CD with the printer.

> Just for the sake of information, the drivers provided within Windows
> from Microsoft generally are written by the printer manufacturers. =A0The=
> may be tested by Microsoft for functionality.

Be as it may - I no longer have "expired cartridge" stumbling block.
0
Kurt

HP CP1700 printer has expired cartridges. Any way to hack this?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. ...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

HP 5552 Printer cartridges
Does anyone know why I cannot fill up the HP 56 and 57 cartridges. I can get ink in, but the machine just says the cartridge has failed and it must be replaced. I don't think filling as such can cause this error message. It's probably a dirty contact or you've been taping over (wrong?) contacts to get the ink status back to 100% and the poor printer's brain is confused. Take the cartridges out, paper out, USB cable out and unplug from the wall power socket for 10 minutes, put the paper and cartridges back in and power up. If you're getting flashing LEDs t...

Does HP 27 Cartridge Expire ?
I have a HP 1315 which uses a Hp 27 cartridge. The printer is seldom used. Recently, I would get error messages about cartridge replacement. I know the cartridge is old (it was old when I got it-new) but again it is not used very often. I looked at the cartridge and it has a date on the front "2006/09/13" with some other numbers. Again I am fairly certain that the cartridge still has ink. I did buy a new cartridge and the printer is working. Does the printer check for cartridge for expiration dates????? and is this a common thing ??. "L" <lc@xxxj...

Printer Ink

HP 51626A printer cartridges
Hi, I've got a pair of HP 51626A printer cartridges which seem to have a few blocked jets. I've managed to unblock most of them by dipping the cartridge into water for a few seconds, but there are still maybe five or six inkjets that are still blocked. Does anyone know of a trick to unblock these cartridges? My Olivetti JP360 doesn't seem to have a "clean printhead" or "nozzle test" function Thanks. -- Phil. | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB, philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62), htt...

HP CP1700 expired cartridges. How to hack?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 03:28:52 GMT, "gsmollin" <gsmollin2@netscape.net> wrote: >My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and >yellow cartridges just e...

FA Genuine HP printer cartridges
Hello All The following HP ink cartridges are up for auction on e.bay, these are not compatibles they are genuine HP products :- 2 x HP 49 Tricolour cartridges (51649A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-49-51649A-colour-cartridges_W0QQitemZ6875020976QQcategoryZ51319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 1 x HP 25 Tricolour cartridge (51625A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-Genuine-HP-25-51625A-Tricolour-Ink-Cartridge_W0QQitemZ6875022024QQcategoryZ51318QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 2 x HP Black cartridges (51626A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-51626A-Black-cart...

HP Printers Question re cartridges
MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost. What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap). This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge and plug in a new one. This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me. I am consi...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP #14 cartridge with electronic expiration, how to defeat?
I have an HP CP 1160 printer and the cartridges expire after so many months, whether they are out of ink or not . Since I refill the cartridges and they usually last longer than this electronic expiration, I'd like to find a way to turn if off. I've read suggestions about briefly disconnecting a battery inside the printer but I'm not sure where it is located. Anyone know about this problem? jc ...

Web resources about - Expired cartridge for HP 2280 - Solution - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...