Fix a broken very old HP OfficeJet 6100 all-printer?

Hello.

Its motors/rollers seems to be broken inside. Is this easily fixable? It
can't print, scan, etc. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Ants never sleep." --Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet
  | |o   o| |

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Probme with HP Officejet 6100 printer
I have HP Officejet 6100 all-in-one printer that is one year old. A week ago printer stopped printing in black ink. It actually prints but nothing comes out on the paper in either printing, faxing or scanning mode. The cartridge has a lot of ink. I tried to removed and re-install the cartridge, clean contacts with alcohol but no help. Any other color prints just fine. Any help would be appreciated. <agalkin@audible.com> wrote in message news:1139179573.431456.304370@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have HP Officejet 6100 all-in-one printer that is one year old. A > week ago p...

is it worth it to fix my old HP 4M printer?
My venerable HP 4M has suddenly developed a problem. When I turn it on there is a rattling noise that was never present before from the back, then the noise stops. The printer boots normally then, but each time I try to print there is a paper jam. Clear paper jam. Repeat. I have a brand new print cartridge, and I'd prefer to fix the printer if it were reasonable. Does anyone have any advice as the (a) whether I should fix this dinosaur and (b) where I might go to get it done if that's the responsible thing to do? Thanks JH The life form known as "Jo...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8
hello, I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/upd I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). Some document are not printed, and I got only a page which say I had send a postscript level 3 document to the printer. When I use the standard PS driver within Windows (and not the universal HP drivers), and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 2 Postscript" in Poscript option. When I use the HP UPD PS driver , and I do...

FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks
Hello everyone Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in an expensive service call. My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed. Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the...

Unable to print from old NEC SuperScript 870 printer after installing HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer driver.
Hi. Is there a reason why I cannot have multiple printer drivers set up at the same time? My father's old Toshiba laptop runs Windows 98 SE and has various printer drivers installed. He has an Epson 785EPX, NEC SuperScript 870, HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer, and many others that I cannot remember right now. Both NEC and HP printers use LPT1/parallel port. Epson printer uses USB port through an USB hub. I don't know about the other printers. NEC printer didn't have any problems before installing HP's printer driver and rebooting. HP printer worked. Then, we switc...

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer
What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer is going to go into this thread. I broke a lot, spilled a lot, cursed a lot, and tried a lot ..... and I just want you to benefit from what I learned so I'll try to put it in this thread. Please feel free to interject what you've learned. The hope is that this thread helps anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer who wishes to refill seemingly expired ink tanks and resurrect seemingly dead printheads. I'll post pictures and describe the process and reference URLs on the Internet in subsequent po...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Fixing an HP printer
My HP K90 just died, the power's getting to it but it does not turn on. Any way to revivie it before it goes into the bin? On Jul 7, 5:14 pm, t8769 <t...@hotmail.com> wrote: > My HP K90 just died, the power's getting to it but it does not turn > on. > > Any way to revivie it before it goes into the bin? Perhaps you could explain more about how you know for sure that power is getting to the printer. Is that because the outlet appears to have power and the ON/OFF switch doesn't power it on? Wiggle the cord ends and all that regular stuff. Go to t...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Web resources about - Fix a broken very old HP OfficeJet 6100 all-printer? - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - Print (Print to ALL Printers)
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Print (Print to ALL Printers) on the App Store. Download Print (Print ...