FYI - Canon printer drivers are available from Canon Canada support page

Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser
printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA
support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available
for this model."
On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site.
Voila! There I found the drivers I needed.

So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the
drivers you need, take a look here
http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp
0
Dejola

Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed
>Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser
>printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA
>support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available
>for this model."
>On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site.
>Voila! There I found the drivers I needed.
>
>So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the
>drivers you need, take a look here
>http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp

Thank you - that's really helpful!!

Mike

  Michael J Davis
<><
Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
<><
0
Michael
9/14/2008 7:26:09 PM
USA Canon's whole consumer website was down for quite a while yesterday,
however it is up and running again today.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Dejola" <johnandjanet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser
> printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA
> support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available
> for this model."
> On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site.
> Voila! There I found the drivers I needed.
>
> So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the
> drivers you need, take a look here
> http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp

0
Cari

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

Getting printer name or available printer list
Hi All Does anyone knows the API or code for getting the printer names on classic OS? Previously my colleague uses PMSessionCreatePrinterList etc, to get the list and it is working fine on OS X with carbonLib. But now we need it to run on Classic OS (OS 9) without the use of CarbonLib. Does anyone knows how to get the printer list for it or default printer name?? other than using PMSession.. Thanks ! -- Best Regards Eleen ...

printer driver driver
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver, that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what the output from win98 or XP would look like, to be used as input for old printers. So that old printers -- and other accessories -- could be used with new versions of windows. So it woudln't have to be printer-specific, If this won't work, how come? It annoys me that not only do they want us to buy a new version of Windows, which often means a new computer, but then we have to buy new printers, etc. This is a multi-part mes...

Printer Ink

removing printer driver reverence from the add printer wizard
Hi, I installed a print driver to create TIFF images. I also removed the printer by deleting that. Now when i go into the 'Add Printer' Wizard the reference of the 'Manufacturer' and the printer driver is still in the 'Install Printer Software' window on the add printer wizard. Can somebody help me figure out how to remove the reference to the old printer driver in the 'Add Printer' Wizard. Note: I am using WindowsXp Professional. Thanks in advance, Jobby ...

Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer
Hi I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly appreciated sincerely mike On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote: >Hi >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer...

Creating a generic printer interface (encapsulating a printer driver)?
I would like to enable a system to basically accept any type of printer (well, within limits, as it is a POS). As such, I would like to encapsulate the printer driver's specific API and expose a generic one (effectively mediating between the driver and the application). This was the application only has to know one type of interface and printers can be switched at will. Of course one would have to write a pice of glue to encapsulate the specific driver, but I hope with sufficient insentive the manufacture might do that. So: - Is this a good design/idea? - What would a "...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Printer driver: service not available
Hi, During a recent reinstall I forgot to check 'Epson Printers 2' to cater from my aging stylus color 740. This meant that I have been unable to print. When I realised my error, I went to the relevant panther install CD and ran the relevant .pkg file Now I still can't get the printer to be 'added'. I see "EPSON stylus color 740, CUPS+Gimp-Print v 4.2.5" in the list, but when I select it, I get an alert "An error occurred while trying to add the selected printers sevice-error-service-unavailable" This *might* be some kind of permissions error, ...

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

Web resources about - FYI - Canon printer drivers are available from Canon Canada support page - comp.periphs.printers

Donald Trump Will Participate In Next Fox News Debate With Megyn Kelly Moderating
Suddenly, Donald Trump doesn’t have a problem with Megyn Kelly and he never did… he’d like you to believe. It has nothing – nothing, I tell you ...

Conan plays the new ‘Doom’ on the Super Bowl edition of Clueless Gamer
Clueless Gamer has become one of Conan O'Brien's most popular recurring segments, but we've been seeing them far less frequently in recent months. ...

UN Chief: 34 Groups Now Allied to Islamic State Extremists
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says 34 groups from around the world had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State extremist group as of mid-December ...

Wages Rise as U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls Below 5%
Although employers added only 151,000 jobs last month, the wage bump suggested that some of the benefits from the falling unemployment rate were ...

Brazil warns pregnant women against kissing due to Zika virus
In a sign of mounting global concern over the Zika virus, health officials on Friday warned pregnant women to think twice about the lips they ...

Full Episode: GMA 02/05/16: Massive Crane Collapses in NYC
Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton Face Off at New Hampshire Debate; Super Bowl 50: First Look at Coldplay's Halftime Show

Want a Tesla? Watch What You Blog
Let me begin by stating the obvious: Tesla is a really cool luxury car. It makes the electric car something that you don’t shelling out some ...

Twitter deleted 125k (mostly) ISIS accounts over last 6 months
Twitter has at times been criticized for allegedly allowing extremists' accounts to remain live, though the company regularly squashes those ...

Netflix orders another three ‘Orange is the New Black’ seasons
We won’t get the next season of Orange is the New Black until this upcoming summer, but Netflix is already eyeing the future, and that future ...

Johnny Manziel's dad fears for the fallen star's life
In August 2013, when Johnny Manziel was at the height of his college football mega-stardom, ESPN sent its best feature writer to Texas to profile ...