fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.

In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing
directly on cd/dvd's.  I think this is due to Epson having a patent on
it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States.  Canon would
be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a
series on enabling U.S. printers.
http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html
0
Wolfgang

http://pixma.damnmachine.com

Much better site with updated info and forums.

0
KnightCrawler

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Questions about printers that print on to CD's/DVD's
Hi Been looking around on line at printers that print on to C.D's and it seems that Canon and Epson are the two main players at the moment and i would value this groups opinion on them I am deciding between the canon i865 and Epsons R200 and R300 ,my reasons for the canon our Had canon in the past and no real problems (have S820D at moment) and the ink cartridges will fit the i825 But the canon is slighty more expensive than the Epson The Epson's are both slighty cheaper than the canon but replacement cartridges are slighty more expensive ( I use generic cartridges with ...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reade...

Canon MP780 no DVD / CD printing in the U.S.
I recently discovered that the version of the MP780 that is sold in North America is not able to print on CDs and DVDs as oppose to the version that is sold in Europe and Asia. see this link for a brochure that documents this feature. http://www.canon.co.nz/ftp/mp750%20%26%20mp780%20brochure.pdf The question is whether the 780 that is sold in the US is still able to print on CDs if the appropreate tray is provided? Any printer techies out there? "Nickname" <y2roman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1107560508.826244.28970@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I...

Cheap printer just to print to DVD/CD's any ??
Iv'e been tryint to find a A3 printer with DVD/CD printing. But their seems to be none in the MID range price range. So its get a Decent A3 Printer and then buy a cheap Cd/DVD printer :( Canon have released two new A3 printers which i would have bought right awat if they had DVD/CD printing as well. Though they are graphics printers and i can understand why they don't have cd/DVD printing. But it would be nice if it had the option atleast :) Thank for any help. ?PS Is their a mini Printer that just prints to Cd/DVDS anywhere. That would be usefull :) Thanks. ...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Thoug...

Wanted: Printer/Scanner/CD./DVD printer
Any recommendations? Canon MP600, $99 from www.outpost.com (Fry's) or MP610, $150 from Canon online store (free ground shipping). They are identical. Period. Check out these DVD prints I made from MP600 with a home-made CD tray. Notice how accurately the images are centered. See my earlier post for how to make the tray easily. Scanned these on MP600. http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4asiCaI/AAAAAAAAANQ/AOqMvf7-7V4/s800/dvdmovie.JPG http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4asiCbI/AAAAAAAAANY/n_OM_GAXwVs/s800/dvdcollection.JPG Trevor wrote: > Any recommendations? ...

Printers which will print cd/dvd
Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? Mike wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? Google is your friend. Try it. What's wrong with Canon? I have had the best luck/quality from them over HP, Epson and Lexmark. In article <12666tm440kng78@corp.supernews.com>, me@privacy.net (Mike) wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? It depends on where you live/buy the printer from. Jon. Mike wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/...

CD/DVD printing on HP printers?!?
Last year, we replaced all of the inkjet printers in our office with models that all used the same ink cartridges in order to cut down on have to stock 15 different cartridges for the printers we had. At home, my wife thought she'd be helpful and got me an Epson Style Photo R300 for Christmas because it can print on printable CD/DVD media. This is a great printer for the most part (I'm having problems with the CD/DVD tray not "catching" when it gets pulled into the printer occasionally), but I'd really prefer to replace it with an HP brand inkjet with th...

Canon CD/DVD printers in the USA
Does Canon sell printers that can print on letter size paper and CDs/DVDs in the USA or is Epson the only manufacturer who sells this type of printer in the USA? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I tease him with a vine tendril until he either jumps up in the air to bat at it or zooms around in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to. In article Daniel Prince says... > Does Canon sell printers that can print on letter size paper and > CDs/DVDs in...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Modifying a printer to print CD's?
Anyone know of any information on modifications that can be done to cheap printers that will let you feed a CD through to be printed? I have heard there are people doing this, but just starting looking and thought I would ask. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I don't know about retro-fitting an existing printer, but Epson has some inexpensive (<$200) inkjets that can print directly to special CDs. "The village idiot" <rats@ratandspam.net> wrote in message news:heednXjHludSnc2iU-KYuA@giganews.com... > Anyone know of any information on modificatio...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Web resources about - fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S. - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...