get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up

the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until
the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome
documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends?
0
kkadrese

"A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until
> the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome
> documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends?

No.  It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'.  No colors...
no black.  Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the
same thing.  If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

0
Cari

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Are there color printers nowadays that only use black when printing black?
The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121832510.336459.7380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black > printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all > color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? Although I am not certain that printing in black uses absolutely no color inks, I believe that all of the inkjet printers do cleaning routines that draw ink from all the cartridges (and all compartments of multicolored cartridges). Thus, it appears that printing routinely with black only selected uses considerable amounts of colored ink as well. <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121832510.336459.7380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black > printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all > color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? It may depend on the paper type and print mode selected. For example, most recent DeskJet printers will use colored ink to make black on glossy photo paper, and some may under black text when printing in "Best" mode on plain paper. Most of the recent D...

Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors
I want to be able to print the standard basic colors** exactly the same way that they appear on the screen. A specific instance of this is that cyan*** is printed as a much darker shade of blue than appears on the screen. I have found this exact same problem exists across several laser printer brands and models, and is likely an issue with all laser printers. How can I correct this problem? ** (Defined by combinations of RGB values at their maximum value of 255 and half of their maximum value of 128) . *** cyan--->Red(0), Green(255), Blue(255) Peter Olcott wrote:...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed??
Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works with just a black ink cartridge installed?? I just want a plain inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports, e-mail, ETC. I do not print pics, graphics, etc. The few web pages I do print I do not care about the color pics. They can be in black. I can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!! I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!! Thanks in advance for any help! "krazy&qu...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner? #2
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Canon printer IRC2550i Black&White and Color how to restrict a domain user
Hi I have installed a new canon printer irc2550i on a 2003 server (AD environment) twice and I named it as : CanonIRC2550BW and CanonIRC2550Colour _*For__the_black_and_White*_ http://i55.tinypic.com/332qcll.jpg For the Security tab I have got this : Group �Everyone� only first option (print) is ticked http://i56.tinypic.com/vsgxs3.png *_For_the_Color_one_* http://i56.tinypic.com/28l6fkl.png For Security tab I have got this I removed the group �Everyone� and I am looking to add proper users http://i55.tinypic.com/dffsp0.png Problem domain user s...

Is printing black text only on a color printer more expensive than using a dedicated monochrome laser?
Basically, I need to replace our old businesses HP4 and I'm trying to determine if I should get a dedicated monochrome laser and a color laser so I can split the tasks between them or should I just get a single printer and send all color and b&w jobs to it. I don't want to buy a single printer if my operating costs for printing b&w on it will be much higher. So, as a rule, is printing black text only on a color laser printer more expensive than using a dedicated monochrome laser? Have the falling prices of color lasers leveled off now and the technology advance...

Best black and white photo printer with no or very little color casting? Any ideas? b&w bw
EOM ...

AIO color & BW print, color & BW copy, pcfax, color scan
Does ANYONE make a reliable system, operating from windows xp pro which will color & BW print, color & BW copy, pcfax, color scan? Thanks for the help als "A. L. Shaw, MD" <alshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Does ANYONE make a reliable system, operating from windows xp pro >which will color & BW print, color & BW copy, pcfax, color scan? > >Thanks for the help >als Several manufacturers do. Canon, HP, Epson and Brother for certain. I do not recommend Brother printers overall but if you search the other manufacturers websites they...

laser printer prints color but not black
someone gave me a used Kyocera copier / laser color printer. It worked for a few months went through about 2 black toners, suddenly the pages started coming out blank....and I mean blank, not a spec of black on the paper. The color prints out fine, if I copy a magazine with color and black text, the black text isn't there but the color around it is. There is no error codes what so ever and I ran I test to manually turn off and on all the motors and they all seem to be functioning Any ideas on what can cause this? I can fix it myself if someone can give me a few ideas what ...

color printing problem with hp printers
I have a hp deskjet 990cse. The color stopped printing. I changed the cartridges, both black and color, cleaned the printheads,and made sure the settings were set to color. Photos do not print and colored text prints black. Any suugestions will be appreciated. ...

Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer?
Hi Folks! Is there a printer which prints GOOD QUALITY color images and composite docs AND also offers cost-effective, speedy B&W printing? I ask as I need to be able to print brochures and photos in color with GOOD quality but still need to be able to print B&W docs at economical cost and speedily. Normally, I specify a good (inkjet, usually a Canon) color printer for the color print/composite doc work and a cheap laser (ilke the Samsung 1710 or Brother HL-1440) for fast, cheap B&W printing jobs. I am wondering if these days there is now an (most likely still in...

Problem printing with Deskjet 930C, wont print black without non-empty color cartridge, yet I am sure it used to...
Hello, I'm having an issue with my Deskjet 930C... the colour cartridge is empty, the black cartridge I have just replaced. Yet, it wont print at all, asking me to replace the colour cartridge. As far as I remember, I used to be able to print black with an empty colour cartridge (yet I cant be sure of my memory...). Can anyone help? Regards, Hans ...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to ope...

How to use Black only, and not color on hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL 6
Is it possible to use the black ink only for printing photos and graphics instead of the usual color printout? If it is possible, how is it done? Thank you in advance for any help. jsm542@yahoo.com wrote: > Is it possible to use the black ink only for printing photos and > graphics instead > of the usual color printout? If it is possible, how is it done? > Thank you in advance > for any help. Depends, and depends. Probably an option in the operation system printer setup. Check under advanced options, there might be a grayscale checkbox. One other alternative is to gener...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ...

Printing in B&W on a color laser printer
I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9420CN, running on Win XP. I'd like to be be able to print certain web pages that use colored text in black-and-white. But when I try changing the print settings, the closest I get is grayscale text. Is there any way to print those colors as pure -black-and-white? If not, does anyone know of a utility that would convert the page to b&w before sending it to the printer? thanks! "cityboy" <cityboy3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:18950c78-61bd-4357-90f8-ce7a80a1fc75@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I recently purchased...

Web resources about - get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up - comp.periphs.printers