Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer?

Hi Folks!

Is there a printer which prints GOOD QUALITY color images and composite docs
AND also offers cost-effective, speedy B&W printing?

I ask as I need to be able to print brochures and photos in color with GOOD
quality but still need to be able to print B&W docs at economical cost and
speedily.

Normally, I specify a good (inkjet, usually a Canon) color printer for the
color print/composite doc work and a cheap laser (ilke the Samsung 1710 or
Brother HL-1440) for fast, cheap B&W printing jobs.

I am wondering if these days there is now an (most likely still inkjet)
printer which can perform BOTH tasks admirably?

TIA for any pointers.

--
/g

0
Glum

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ...

Extra cost of printing b/w on a color printer?
Our black-and-white laser printer (Samsung ML-1430) is on its last legs and needs replacement. We also need a copier, now that we've moved and can't use my father-in-law's anymore. We will probably make over 500 copies per month. We won't need fax. My wife wants to get a color laser printer, now that they don't seem to cost as much as they used to. My question is, since most of the time we will be copying and printing in black and white, will there be an additional per-page cost to do so on a color printer, apart from the higher cost of the printer itself? For ...

Printing in B&W on a color laser printer
I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9420CN, running on Win XP. I'd like to be be able to print certain web pages that use colored text in black-and-white. But when I try changing the print settings, the closest I get is grayscale text. Is there any way to print those colors as pure -black-and-white? If not, does anyone know of a utility that would convert the page to b&w before sending it to the printer? thanks! "cityboy" <cityboy3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:18950c78-61bd-4357-90f8-ce7a80a1fc75@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I recently purchased...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer #2
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- ...

is samsung b&w laser printer good for printing envelopes?
I have need for a laser printer that will print 200-250 envelopes at a time. Has anyone reading this used any of the Samsung laser printers? They appear to be price competitive, but I desire to know how efficient they are for envelope printing? best, Aaron I have a Samsung ML1510 (Don't laugh) it's only an 'El Cheapo', actually I was looking for a replacement for the dreaded Epson C62 and came across this at Dabbs Computers, Bolton, UK for about �48 - and it proved to be a real work horse, I got this initially to make printed circuit boards by using 'Toner Transfer paper' and does a remarkable job infact the C62 is just ornament now as it does almost everyhting. It has already had two toner refill's, I found I could refill the toner for about �6 instead of replacing the entire toner unit for around �60. Decide on the model and check the following and you can save a lot of money by getting refills instead of toner cartridge unit, which incidentally contains the drum unit, hence the expense.. http://www.refilltoner.com/samsungRefillCom.html The site not only tells you the models that are refillable but explains and shows how to do it. This particular one does crease the envelopes slightly in one corner - DON'T TAKE THIS AS SAYING THAT ALL OTHER MODELS ARE THE SAME, this is after all an 'El Cheapo' but the text is crisp as can be expected, so you really would need to check this point, I wou...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

Fooling a Brother color printer to print in B/W?
Most (all?) Brother color printers refuse to work when it reads any color ink cartridge as empty -- even if you only want to print in b/w or grayscale. Is there any way to put in a dummy cartridge that will fool the printer into thinking that the ink is not empty, so that I can continue to print with the black ink? I have a MFC7400C, using LC04 ink. I print very rarely, and almost never in color (my wife just bought a photo-quality printer which we can use for color). But the color cartridges become unusable (dried out?) in only a few months. Ideally, I'd like to fool the sensor in the printer, or manipulate my existing cartridges so that the "INK EMPTY" displays disappear. Is that possible? (FWIW, I don't believe the ink cartridges are empty at all -- if there is a way to inject something so that the ink becomes usable again, that would be even better.) Thanks in advance. ...

How to make darker the print of a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer?
I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer. The printing is okay for my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone. I've only printed 20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I figure it's not running out of toner. I see no method on the machine or in the manual to darken the print. I just got it used. Am I stuck? Is this what some laser printers are like? You can download a .pdf file of the User Manual for this printer for free from the internet. It is a nice 102 page document with all sorts of valuable information. Just ty...

Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons and grand kids 'art'.
Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons, letter/envelopes and grand kids 'art'. At least 30 sheets a day more or less. OS = 10.8, XP and W7. TIA "NotMe" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:jc064s$t3d$1@dont-email.me... > Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons, > letter/envelopes and grand kids 'art'. At least 30 sheets a day more or > less. > > OS = 10.8, XP and W7. > > TIA > With 30 sheets a day in B/W your best option is a laser printer, even if ...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

CMYK tifs needed for B&W printing? (Shop Printing)
silly question but, Should i use CMYK tifs for printing a newsletter in black & white? Is there any benifit to using CMYK tifs i guess? Thnaks. Myke. myke321@yahoo.com wrote: > silly question but, Should i use CMYK tifs for printing a newsletter in > black & white? Is there any benifit to using CMYK tifs i guess? > Thnaks. You're sending the newsletter to an offset press? The only reason I can think that you'd want to do it would be to print something like "Warm Black" where the K channel is not at 100%. -- Angela M. Cable Paint Shop Pro 9 Private Bet...

CMYK tifs needed for B&W printing? (Shop Printing)
silly question but, Should i use CMYK tifs for printing a newsletter in black & white? Is there any benifit to using CMYK tifs i guess? Thnaks. Myke. myke321@yahoo.com wrote: > silly question but, Should i use CMYK tifs for printing a newsletter in > black & white? Is there any benifit to using CMYK tifs i guess? > Thnaks. You're sending the newsletter to an offset press? The only reason I can think that you'd want to do it would be to print something like "Warm Black" where the K channel is not at 100%. -- Angela M. Cable Paint Shop Pro 9 Private Bet...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

color laser printer: Per page printing costs
I am looking to buy a color laser printer with small per page printing costs. I print mostly B&W (1000 pages/month) and color(100 pages/month). I would like to get the data of per page printing costs for printers from Dell (3100cn?) , HP, Lexmark, Okidata, Xerox, Brother, ... Does anyone know of a site that has done these kinds of tests on color laser printers? Or does anyone here have that data on recent printers? Thanks a lot for your help, --j Simple, find out how much toner supplies cost and divide that number into the number of prints they will make. Consider bu...

Looking for a good colour/B & W printer
Wondering what is about which will give a good colour output but will also print good black and white prints as well. I was thinking of the Epson R800 as reviews have said that this is a fine printer, but, there are problems with clogging. I don't fancy paying out �200 for a printer that could soon fail. but then I am going on other peoples opinions. But I like the idea of the pigment inks and their colourfastness. then there is the Canon IP5000, I've seen the colour output from this one and it is very good, but not seen the B & W. So, any suggestions for a printer for about �200 or less? The IP4000 is better than the IP5000 unless you are printing a great deal of business documents. However, if B&W is very important and you are very fussy than the HP photo ink jets might be best. They do have the best B&W but the printer requires constant cartridge switching to get it. jackman wrote: >Wondering what is about which will give a good colour output but will >also print good black and white prints as well. >I was thinking of the Epson R800 as reviews have said that this is a >fine printer, but, there are problems with clogging. I don't fancy >paying out �200 for a printer that could soon fail. but then I am >going on other peoples opinions. But I like the idea of the pigment >inks and their colourfastness. > >then there is the Canon IP5000, I've seen the colour output from this &g...

Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors
I want to be able to print the standard basic colors** exactly the same way that they appear on the screen. A specific instance of this is that cyan*** is printed as a much darker shade of blue than appears on the screen. I have found this exact same problem exists across several laser printer brands and models, and is likely an issue with all laser printers. How can I correct this problem? ** (Defined by combinations of RGB values at their maximum value of 255 and half of their maximum value of 128) . *** cyan--->Red(0), Green(255), Blue(255) Peter Olcott wrote:...

Epson defaults to color printing & is VERY slow at color printing.
I have an Epson Color 800. Whenever I try to print something from a web page using internet explorer (in XP) the default printer preference is set to color print. No big deal, except that when the preference is on color print the printer takes up to 5min to print one page (even if that page is just black and white text). I print a lot of my web based emails and I invariably forget to reset my preferences to black and white every time I want to print something. So, how can I permenently set my printer to default to black and white when printing from internet explorer? Or, how do I fix my printer so it dosn't take 5 minutes to print, in color, a plain text document? The slow printing with color also occurs with MS Word, however if I set MS Word to print in B&W it will remeber that setting for the next time I print. Thanks! If this is the older SC800, you may be out of luck. I imagine you are using the in box XP drivers, and some of them are not very sophisticated. Bug Epson to provide upgraded drivers for this era of printers, as there are still many in use. Art cje wrote: > I have an Epson Color 800. > > Whenever I try to print something from a web page using internet > explorer (in XP) the default printer preference is set to color print. > No big deal, except that when the preference is on color print the > printer takes up to 5min to print one page (even if that page is just > black and white...

Deskjet 820 prints only color with Win98
I'm running a HP DeskJet 820Cxi. It is currently attached via LPT1 to what was a Windows 98 based (now WinXP-Pro) 233 MHz machine which is in turn attached to a small home network through a 100baseT network. All the workstations on the network have the 820 mapped as the default printer. I have several other machines (Win98, Linux and XP) also attached to the same network through a switch over 100baseT. Till recently all were able to share the DeskJet printer without any significant problems. I am running the latest HP Win98 driver Release Date: 2001-10-25 Version: 8.5 on all th...

Low running cost B&W laser printer
We work very closely with a charity and they've asked us to recommend a good quality B&W laser which has low running costs which I take to mean uses toner frugally and replacement toner doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any recommendations as we always buy HP so don't know much about anything else :-) Thanks, Rob. In message <lL2dne2KbbglE3zZRVnysA@bt.com>, Rob Nicholson <rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> writes >We work very closely with a charity and they've asked us to recommend a good >quality B&W laser which has low run...

What is a good, cheap, used B&W printer for personal use?
I recently started taking a research course in school which requires me to print out excessive amounts of information. This includes several 20 page articles a day, up to 80 pages of abstracts and such at a time. I generally end up printing out everything at school, because the only printer I have at home is a HP Deskjet 712C, a decent color printer. I don't really want to use that for heavy-duty print jobs, so I'm looking for a old, used, cheap printer on ebay. Does anyone know what would be a good printer that prints black and white decently fast? Also, how much would I be expecting to pay? The cheaper the better. dylcool@aol.com (Clueless Thinkpad man) wrote in message news:<435dcf91.0401152203.24c8918e@posting.google.com>... > I recently started taking a research course in school which requires > me to print out excessive amounts of information. This includes > several 20 page articles a day, up to 80 pages of abstracts and such > at a time. I generally end up printing out everything at school, > because the only printer I have at home is a HP Deskjet 712C, a decent > color printer. I don't really want to use that for heavy-duty print > jobs, so I'm looking for a old, used, cheap printer on ebay. Does > anyone know what would be a good printer that prints black and white > decently fast? Also, how much would I be expecting to pay? The > cheaper the better. By "school" I suppo...

Web resources about - Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer? - comp.periphs.printers

Facebook Advertising Plans Can Be Cost-Effective, Reach More People Than Traditional Means
Business owners: you don’t need to dump a bunch of money into a Facebook marketing campaign or pay top dollar for someone to handle your social ...

Infographic: Facebook ads becoming more effective, cost-efficient
Kenshoo Social , a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer, recently examined the performance of Facebook ads among its clients. The ...

Australian researchers hail new cost-effective gene sequencing machine
Leading Australian researchers say thousands of Australians are set to benefit from the acquisition of new machines that can sequence a whole ...

Winnik a cost-effective addition for Penguins - Article - TSN
The Toronto Maple Leafs moved out one of their more attractive trade chips, dealing a reliable veteran winger to the Pittsburgh Penguins. In ...

Sapphire iPhone screens just might be cost-effective sooner rather than later
... piece in which it suggests that the sapphire crystal Apple currently uses in the Touch ID home button on the iPhone 5s might prove a cost-effective ...

Backupify is a reliable cost-effective cloud backup solution for Google Apps
... price tiers that Google Apps admins can choose from. The cheapest level, indirectly aimed at working professionals and small businesses, costs ...

Cost-Effective Online Management Tools for Bloggers and Small Businesses
... giving businesses the ability to build, organize, and track customer email lists. Email marketing with newsletters can be a cost-effective and ...

Introducing the Knightscope K5 Security Robot, Effective Cost $6.25 per Hour
Knightscope Inc. has introduced a crime-fighting R2D2 look-alike robot with an effective cost of $6.25 per hour. Silicon Valley startup Knightscope ...

Distributor Enables Cisco Channel Partners to Offer Cost-Effective and ...
Distributor Enables Cisco Channel Partners to Offer Cost-Effective and ... Business Solutions Magazine Santa Ana, Calif., – The North America ...