Hello.

I have an old HP Photosmart 4850 printer. I noticed it can have a Gray
Photo Print HP 100 Cartridge or Black Print Cartridge (HP 94/96) for
black. Do I assume HP 100 is only for grey scale printouts with images
like photographs/photos.? And I would want to buy and use black print
cartridge (HP 94/96) for printouts with mostly black texts (e.g.,
documents, web pages)?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I
don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look '...

Canon mp830 vs mp960 (vs my old Hp 7310), photo prints, cost per print etc?
I'm replacing my hp7310 with a new unit.. I like the idea of having an ADF, which the mp960 doesnt have.. but I rarely use it, still it is something I want in the new unit. Also, the mp960 states it can scan negatives, I'm assuming there is no way to make the 830 scan negatives? The 830 is listed as 5 color vs the 960 at 7.. I'm assuming either way, the photo quality will be much better than the HP printer? I discovered the Fuji Kiosk at a local store.. that does prints (4x6) for 15 cents on 2 day processing or 25 cents for instant.. I was shocked that the print qua...

Print black only with HP printer
I have an HP photo printer and have been very pleased with it. I like the ability to just change individual colors. I think HP "accidentally" forgot to write in the program to just print Black when that cartridge has plenty of ink. I have one cartridge that is out of color and it thinks that Magenta is necessary to print black.:-) Any workarounds ? Thanks. WhiteTea <WhiteTea77581@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an HP photo printer and have been very pleased with it. I like >the ability to just change individual colors. > >I think HP "accidentall...

Unable to print from old NEC SuperScript 870 printer after installing HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer driver.
Hi. Is there a reason why I cannot have multiple printer drivers set up at the same time? My father's old Toshiba laptop runs Windows 98 SE and has various printer drivers installed. He has an Epson 785EPX, NEC SuperScript 870, HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer, and many others that I cannot remember right now. Both NEC and HP printers use LPT1/parallel port. Epson printer uses USB port through an USB hub. I don't know about the other printers. NEC printer didn't have any problems before installing HP's printer driver and rebooting. HP printer worked. Then, we switc...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer --- 564 XL Black cartridges come in many sizes -- Help!!
I have a HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer that I bought about a year ago. I took my empty Black XL 564 cartridge (that is almost 1 inch thick) out of the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer. This cartridge also has a 5-sided symbol above the number. I went to Staples (where I bought the printer) to try and replace it. Found one for $28+ that said "Black 564 XL" and thought this was the one. It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my printer. How can I tell if I am purchasing the one inch thick Cartridge (the only one that fits), before...

What solvent(s) is/are used in HP deskjet cartridges? I have a HP DeskJet 940C and the cartridges are "15" (Black ) and "78" (Colour)
Ether? Methanol, ethanol? Are there different solvents for colour and black cartridges, BTW? Thanks in advance for any relevant reply! /D Dean Keaton wrote: > Ether? Methanol, ethanol? Are there different solvents for colour and > black cartridges, BTW? Thanks in advance for any relevant reply! /D I believe that the black ink uses dihydrogen monoxide for a solvent. The color one probably uses water as a solvent. -- ................................ Keepsake gift for young girls. Unique and personal one-of-a-kind. Builds strong minds 12 ways. Guaranteed sat...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how man...

HP 940c black cartridge 90% but not printing
After not using it for a couple months, I tried printing and the black (#15 cartridge) is not giving me anything at all. The software tool says its at 90% which is probably about right. The color is working fine. I also have an old black cartrige which I swapped in - also did not work. No idea how old that one is tho :) Black was working fine last time I remember (about 2 months ago). I ran "clean" and "intermediate clean" without success. Is there anything else I can try or can any expert diagnose the trouble? spasmous2 wrote: > After not using it for a coup...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how ma...

Web resources about - Gray Photo Print HP 100 Cartridge versus/vs. Black Print Cartridge (HP 94/96) for an old HP Photosmart 4850 printer - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...