Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer

Hi
I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
appreciated

sincerely

mike

0
carstereos89

On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:

>Hi
>I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
>I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
>driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
>think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
>printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
>crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
>appreciated
>
>sincerely
>
>mike

Hi Mike,
   You can obtain a driver from here
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

The method of installing that I would use is as follows:

Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I would
right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.

Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.

Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.

Good luck,
Reg

0
Reg
1/8/2005 12:33:58 AM
Reg Mouatt wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer
and
> >I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a
printer
> >driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now
> >think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
> >printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my
puter
> >crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
> >appreciated
> >
> >sincerely
> >
> >mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>    You can obtain a driver from here

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

> The method of installing that I would use is as follows:
>
> Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I
would
> right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
> if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.
>
> Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
> close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
> at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
> of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.
>
> Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.
>
> Good luck,
> Reg

Hi Reg
thanks so much for your help. I was able to do it and it worked. Your
instructions were to the tee. Im not that computer literate but your
instructions really helped me to do it.thanks again
sincerely

mike

0
carstereos89

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Printer Ink

HELP! printer driver needed!
Hello Does anyone have a USB laser printer driver? Specifically a samsung ML1610 driver? I need it kind-of urgently. Please help! Cheers Louie Louie <louie@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone have a USB laser printer driver? Specifically a samsung ML1610 > driver? I need it kind-of urgently. Please help! Firstly, the driver doesn't depend on the connection so it doesn't matter whether it's connected by USB, network or whatever. Secondly, laser printers often don't need specific drivers. If they support PostScript or PCL they can usually ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon i865 printer driver
Hi there - my CD for this printer has been damaged. I've been to the Canon website and downloaded the driver (b4123enx.bin and used stuffitt to get the b4123enx.sit file but now what do I do? - I am not a power user! Oh - and I'm running 8.6! Any help gratefully received David In article <1gs8cyx.142xd4k2f08w0N%d.little@tesco.net>, DJL <d.little@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi there - my CD for this printer has been damaged. I've been to the > Canon website and downloaded the driver (b4123enx.bin and used stuffitt > to get the b4123enx.sit file but now what do I do? ...

Newbie Needs Help: Dell printer driver
Hi All, I'm pretty new to Linux and needs some help... I'm running RedHat 9.0 on a Dell desktop with a Dell all-in-one printer, the AIO-A940. Problem is, RH doesn't have a driver for my printer. The folks at Dell don't support Linux, but noted that this printer is nearly the same as the Lexmark X5150. I tried a few web searches for drivers and came up with nothing. Lexmark doesn't have a driver either for their version. Can anyone send me either one of the drivers or at least point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance! Feel free to email me directly. ...

removing printer driver reverence from the add printer wizard
Hi, I installed a print driver to create TIFF images. I also removed the printer by deleting that. Now when i go into the 'Add Printer' Wizard the reference of the 'Manufacturer' and the printer driver is still in the 'Install Printer Software' window on the add printer wizard. Can somebody help me figure out how to remove the reference to the old printer driver in the 'Add Printer' Wizard. Note: I am using WindowsXp Professional. Thanks in advance, Jobby ...

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

Creating a generic printer interface (encapsulating a printer driver)?
I would like to enable a system to basically accept any type of printer (well, within limits, as it is a POS). As such, I would like to encapsulate the printer driver's specific API and expose a generic one (effectively mediating between the driver and the application). This was the application only has to know one type of interface and printers can be switched at will. Of course one would have to write a pice of glue to encapsulate the specific driver, but I hope with sufficient insentive the manufacture might do that. So: - Is this a good design/idea? - What would a "...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any...

Network Printer help: Use a Shared Printer on a WinXP machine
Hello, I am new to Linux. I have the Slackware flavor installed, version 9.1. I am trying to use a shared printer on a Windows XP machine. I have verified that I can access the machine (ADDIE) through the network with: smb://Addie in Konqueror (Note: THis requires a USername/Password). I do have CUPS installed. I tried adding the printer with the CUPS "Add Printer" method. Below is the infomation I added: <First Page> Name: Addie's Printer Location: //Addie Description: Addie's Printer <Second Page> Device: Unknown Network Device(smb) ...

HELP: need to stop XP from loading its own Printer Driver.. No.2
I am using a Epson 740 USB with the Win 2000 driver, but XP will insist on loading its own driver as well. How can I stop this..? The XP Driver is to limited and that is why I am using the 2000 driver as per Epson web site.. NOTE: I have tried all the listed ways on removing the driver, but it come back on the next boot. Thanks.. Sometimes it's just not worth fighting. Let the Window driver load. It will just look like you have 2 printers, but it's the same printer using different drivers. For one of my printers, I have 3 different drivers loaded, an...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Web resources about - Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife