How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............

Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

0
Billy

Billy Smitty wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Billy, try > http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm
Dick
0
Richard
4/17/2010 4:03:57 PM
My printer uses HP94 & HP95 and has no color contacts but thanks for
the link.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:03:57 -0700, Richard Lane <rqlhgl@iieee.org>
wrote:

>Billy Smitty wrote:
>> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
>> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
>> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
>> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
>> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
>> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.
>>

>Billy, try > http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm
>Dick
0
fred
4/18/2010 12:42:34 PM
Billy Smitty wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
> &  HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Did you try your favorite search engine first?

I found conflicting advice.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods.  Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the
printer, so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing
after refilling anyway.

Just yesterday I refilled an HP 21 cartridge (black) for the first
time, and the tape method worked for that, but as I said that may
not work for the 94/95.

Adam
0
Adam
4/18/2010 5:18:54 PM
"Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote in message

> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has both
> the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods.  Another site said the 94/95
> had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer, so you can't
> reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after refilling anyway.

The second site is correct.  Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked as
low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even with
the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS  MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
4/25/2010 3:57:54 AM
> "Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote:
>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>> refilling anyway.
>
> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
5% of ink remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net
0
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:39:35 -0400, Adam <adam@address.invalid> wrote:

>> "Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote:
>>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>>> refilling anyway.
>>
>> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
>> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
>> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
>
>Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
>ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
>5% of ink remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
>even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?
>
>Adam
The only way I know when the Cartridges are close to empty is by the
weight of the cartridges. I can tell if they are not close to full
when I pick them up. I refill them regularly and do't let them get
close to empty

DJT
0
DJT
4/25/2010 11:06:45 PM

> Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll ask: When
> do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or 5% of ink
> remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or even guess) in
> advance when the ink will actually run out?

The amount of ink remaining will depend on a number of factors, including
how old the cartrdiges are, what the storage conditions, etc, etc, etc.  The
first warning will generally occur closer to the 20% early mark, by the
second warning about half the users will be out of ink.   For cartridges
with foam based ink delivery systems (like the 94/95) the ink does not run
out sharply, the print degrades over a number of pages as the cartridges run
out.  Watching for signs of print quality degradation is a signal the ink is
running out.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob

Printer Ink

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the ref...

All-in-one printers which can scan, fax without ink cartridges?
After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without ink cartridges. -- Franz47 EMail im Absender wird nie gelesen. Kontakt hier �ber die Newsgroup On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:37:17 +0200, Franz47 <roskakori@gmx.net> wrote: >After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my >less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are >any all-in-one devices on the market wh...

Printer ink cartridges
Hi there, I was looking around the NSW Uni Computer Fair the other day for a couple of new printer cartridges for my HP 3325 printer. The best price I could find for the replacements (1 black + 1 tri-colour) was $85. Wow! I only paid $70 for this printer in the first place. So I shopped around a bit more and found a newer model HP printer, with the same cartridges included for only $55! What tha... I can save $30 by buying the complete printer (including cartridges), compared to buying the cartridges on their own! So my question is this... Are the HP cartridges that come with a new...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Bulk Pigment Ink for a Dye Ink Printer
I'm thinking of getting into the Niagara system of bulk ink through Media Street. My printer is an Epson R320 which uses dye inks. With that system, I can use their pigment type inks which is called Generations G-Chrome. Cost to start with the Niagara system is $269 American. The ink is $116.10 and comes in 4 ounce bottles. Digital Camera magazine (October 2005) has a favorable preview with this system using printers made for dye inks. I have several questions and maybe some here can help. 1. With this ink, what can I expect from an occasional text print from MS Word? As sharp as ...

Printer/Airport/Ink Level
I have just set up a Canon i965 with Airport Express, it's working fine, but Utility in the Printer List is greyed out. I would like to check the ink levels, I have tried Printers/Supply Levels but get the message "Information not available". Is it possible to check levels with this set up or will I have to revert plugging the printer into the Mac. John ...

Ink cartridges
Ink cartridges - for various printers: Hewlett-Packard Black Ink Cartridge, Part #514645A Brand new, unopened, unused, for use in these printers:H.P Deskjet 710, 712, 720, 722, 820, 830, 832, 850, 855, 870, 880, 882, 885, 887, 890, 895, 930, 932, 935, 950, 952, 960, 970, 990, 1000, 1120, 1220, 1600.Also for us in H.P. Designjets: Model 700, 750, 750C, 755CM. Also for us in H.P. Color Copiers, Model: 110, 120, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 170, 180, 190, 210, 21olx, 260, 270, 280, 290. Also fo use in H.P Officejets: Model r40, r60, r80, f45, f65, g55, g85, g95, k60, k80, 1150c, 1170c, 1...

recycled printer ink cartridges
Hewlett-Packard printer ink cartridges contain both ink and printhead, so that installing a new cartridge also installs a new printhead. HP warns that it accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of recycled cartridges. I accept that a recycled cartridge could result in sub-standard printing, because of inferior ink or oversized nozzles but, to me, it seems unlikely that it could cause any damage to the printer. Is the HP warning to be taken seriously? Tony In article <616809404e.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>, Tony Moore <old_coaster@yahoo....

Ink cartridge for Epson printer
Does anybody have a good or bad experience using ink cartridges for Epson (C84) from 4inkjets.com ? Any suggestions for good ink for Epson? I do not want to refill. Thanks "wkhedr" <wkhedr@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:a43ff76b.0410141507.f69cffd@posting.google.com... > Does anybody have a good or bad experience using ink cartridges for > Epson (C84) from 4inkjets.com ? > > Any suggestions for good ink for Epson? > > I do not want to refill. I use em and distribute them - so of course they are good. As below USA and UK Tony --...

Ink cartridges
Ink cartridges - for various printers: Hewlett-Packard Black Ink Cartridge, Part #514645A Brand new, unopened, unused, for use in these printers:H.P Deskjet 710, 712, 720, 722, 820, 830, 832, 850, 855, 870, 880, 882, 885, 887, 890, 895, 930, 932, 935, 950, 952, 960, 970, 990, 1000, 1120, 1220, 1600.Also for us in H.P. Designjets: Model 700, 750, 750C, 755CM. Also for us in H.P. Color Copiers, Model: 110, 120, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 170, 180, 190, 210, 21olx, 260, 270, 280, 290. Also fo use in H.P Officejets: Model r40, r60, r80, f45, f65, g55, g85, g95, k60, k80, 1150c, 1170c, 1...

Epson C82 Stylus printer - Ink level indicator
Does the online Ink level utility tell me the true level or is it just a ballpark guess-imation? It is an average but pretty accurate. <Cindg88@nospamhere.com> wrote in message news:4o5jivcgidv87o3sj7mqicjvmru27d6f4u@4ax.com... > Does the online Ink level utility tell me the true > level or is it just a ballpark guess-imation? Saftymom123, There is still ink in the cartridge when the utility shows empty. Some suggest that to utilize all of the ink in the cartridge, to purchase a chip resetter to reset the cartridge to show that the cartridge is fill and ...

Web resources about - How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............ - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...