How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............

Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

0
Billy

Billy Smitty wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Billy, try > http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm
Dick
0
Richard
4/17/2010 4:03:57 PM
My printer uses HP94 & HP95 and has no color contacts but thanks for
the link.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:03:57 -0700, Richard Lane <rqlhgl@iieee.org>
wrote:

>Billy Smitty wrote:
>> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
>> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
>> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
>> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
>> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
>> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.
>>

>Billy, try > http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm
>Dick
0
fred
4/18/2010 12:42:34 PM
Billy Smitty wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
> &  HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Did you try your favorite search engine first?

I found conflicting advice.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods.  Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the
printer, so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing
after refilling anyway.

Just yesterday I refilled an HP 21 cartridge (black) for the first
time, and the tape method worked for that, but as I said that may
not work for the 94/95.

Adam
0
Adam
4/18/2010 5:18:54 PM
"Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote in message

> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has both
> the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods.  Another site said the 94/95
> had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer, so you can't
> reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after refilling anyway.

The second site is correct.  Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked as
low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even with
the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS  MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
4/25/2010 3:57:54 AM
> "Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote:
>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>> refilling anyway.
>
> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
5% of ink remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net
0
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:39:35 -0400, Adam <adam@address.invalid> wrote:

>> "Adam" <adam@address.invalid> wrote:
>>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>>> refilling anyway.
>>
>> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
>> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
>> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
>
>Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
>ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
>5% of ink remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
>even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?
>
>Adam
The only way I know when the Cartridges are close to empty is by the
weight of the cartridges. I can tell if they are not close to full
when I pick them up. I refill them regularly and do't let them get
close to empty

DJT
0
DJT
4/25/2010 11:06:45 PM

> Many thanks, Bob!  On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll ask: When
> do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or 5% of ink
> remaining)?  After refilling, is there any way to tell (or even guess) in
> advance when the ink will actually run out?

The amount of ink remaining will depend on a number of factors, including
how old the cartrdiges are, what the storage conditions, etc, etc, etc.  The
first warning will generally occur closer to the 20% early mark, by the
second warning about half the users will be out of ink.   For cartridges
with foam based ink delivery systems (like the 94/95) the ink does not run
out sharply, the print degrades over a number of pages as the cartridges run
out.  Watching for signs of print quality degradation is a signal the ink is
running out.