How do I reset ink level in refilled HP cartridges

Read a message a couple days ago about HP printers, mentioned
"resetting ink levels in cartridges."

How does one reset the ink levels after refilling???? I never heard of
that before this. Didn't know one could.

Dancer.....
0
toetapdancer

Look at http://www.misterinkjet.info/hp57reset.htm
I couldn't get this procedure to work with my 57 and 58 cartridges.
Although the basic idea is sound, I don't think you can say that all
cartridges will behave the same as they all have unique(ish) serial numbers
and taping can only change a 1 to a 0 or 0 to a 1, I don't know which but if
it's 0 to a 1 then if you tape over a contact that is set to 1 already then
nothing changes.  Because of this I carried on experimenting till I found
contacts that did the trick and both my 57 and 58 cartridges reset correctly
by taping the blue one first as shown in the link above, and then the
contact below the blue one as well as the blue one.  The red one wasn't
used.  The third swap had no contacts taped over of course.  It all takes a
while as you have to wait for a calibration page to be printed each swap.

"Dancer" <toetapdancer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read a message a couple days ago about HP printers, mentioned
> "resetting ink levels in cartridges."
>
> How does one reset the ink levels after refilling???? I never heard of
> that before this. Didn't know one could.
>
> Dancer.....

0
Steve
9/5/2003 1:37:07 PM
Steve B wrote:

  It all takes a
> while as you have to wait for a calibration page to be printed each swap.

I'm not sure about the tape method but I can tell you that printing a
calibration page isn't necessary if you are using the multiple cartridge
swap method. After closing the lid I wait approximately five seconds and
then reopen the lid. I gage the time by the sound of the cartridge
cleaning movement. Open the lid right after the second set of sounds
and you should be all set.

0
tomcas
9/6/2003 12:13:41 AM
Interesting, I'll try that next refill.

"tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> wrote in message
> Steve B wrote:
>
>   It all takes a
> > while as you have to wait for a calibration page to be printed each
swap.

> I'm not sure about the tape method but I can tell you that printing a
> calibration page isn't necessary if you are using the multiple cartridge
> swap method. After closing the lid I wait approximately five seconds and
> then reopen the lid. I gage the time by the sound of the cartridge
> cleaning movement. Open the lid right after the second set of sounds
> and you should be all set.

0
Steve
9/6/2003 12:14:33 PM
The following three urls show how to reset the various HP cartridges in
common use. These instructions are also packed in our various refill kits.

http://www.repeatotype.com/instructions/HPReset.pdf
http://www.repeatotype.com/instructions/HP56Reset.pdf
http://www.repeatotype.com/instructions/HP57Reset.pdf

Please visit: http://www.repeatotype.com/whereto.html
for info on locations that sell our refill kits, cartridges and other
products.

--
Fred Keen, Director of Sales & Marketing  fkeen@repeatotype.com
Repeat-O-Type Mfg. Corp.;  665 State Route 23; Wayne, NJ 07470