How to make darker the print of a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer?

I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer.  The printing is okay for
my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone.  I've only printed
20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I
figure it's not running out of toner.   I see no method on the machine
or in the manual to darken the print.

I just got it used.

Am I stuck?  Is this what some laser printers are like?
0
mm

You can download a .pdf file of the User Manual for this printer for
free from the internet.  It is a nice 102 page document with all sorts
of valuable information.  Just type in:

Samsung ML-4500 Instruction Manual

and you can find a number of ways to get it for free.

Here is one link to follow:

http://www.nodevice.com/user_manual/samsung/printers/ml-4500.html

Under light or faded prints the following is in the manual:

If a vertical white streak or faded area appears on the page:
� The toner supply is low. You may be able to temporarily
extend the toner cartridge life. See �Redistributing the
Toner� on page 6.2. If this does not improve the print
quality, install a new toner cartridge.
� The paper may not meet paper specifications (for example,
the paper is too moist or too rough). See �Paper
Specifications� on page A.2.
� If the whole page is light, the print resolution setting is too
light or Toner Save Mode may be on. Adjust the print
resolution and Toner Save Mode within the printer
properties. See page 5.7 and 5.8 respectively.
� A combination of faded and smeared defects may indicate
that the toner cartridge needs cleaning. See �Cleaning the
Printer� on page 6.4.
� The surface of LSU part inside the printer may be dirty.
Clean the LSU. See �Cleaning the Printer�.

===========

Also, the software driver from Samsung offers a lot of settings for
different resolutions (sometimes a lower res will print darker)
and options such as: paper type, envelopes, stickers, etc, and with some
experimentation you will probably find one setting will print darker.

As the trouble shooting area suggests, try different paper, try
redistributing the toner in the cartridge, by removing the cartridge and
rocking it gently back and forth, change other printer properties, etc.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

       http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

mm wrote:
> I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer.  The printing is okay for
> my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone.  I've only printed
> 20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I
> figure it's not running out of toner.   I see no method on the machine
> or in the manual to darken the print.
>
> I just got it used.
>
> Am I stuck?  Is this what some laser printers are like?
0
Arthur
9/29/2009 9:20:15 AM
>  I see no method on the machine
> > or in the manual to darken the print.
> >
> > I just got it used.
> >
> > Am I stuck?  Is this what some laser printers are like?

No they wouldn't sell many printers if the output was too light.
If "I got it used means" second hand, then you may have
aquired someone elses problem.
Most lasers produce dark high contrast text, equivalent
to black letterpress on quality paper, and suitable for
legal documents.
There may be an internal adjustment but you need a
service manual for that. My printer has a density knob,
which even at the lightest setting produces a solid black
print, higher settings make ordinary print look like bold
face. Density is generally controlled by an internal
voltage setting, that varies the electrosztatic attraction.
But first of all the cause could be the photosensitive
roller has has its day.
0
Ato_Zee
9/29/2009 3:17:55 PM
On Sep 29, 2:19 am, mm <NOPSAMmm2...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer.  The printing is okay for
> my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone.  I've only printed
> 20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I
> figure it's not running out of toner.   I see no method on the machine
> or in the manual to darken the print.
>
> I just got it used.
>
> Am I stuck?  Is this what some laser printers are like?

My Samsung ML-2510 is on the light side -- OK for awhile, though
doesn't seem now to have lasted especially long for dark text.  I've
probably refilled it myself going on a dozen times, and it's still
chugging away.  I print bigger when possible with various formats and
text conversions, usually 75 page runs at a time.  Some fade and white
speckled text, bands favoring the sides and running lengthwise down
the paper -- not as much an imposition as I make it sound, although
neither a gift.  Personally don't care, as much as enjoying it for
material I like to carry with me to read.  Also caught a couple extras
new on sale for $40 shipped, so it wouldn't matter whether I use a new
unit for toner/drum replacement, or even if one were dedicated to the
gift of text.  In a pinch, one might be left in its box, in the
closet, for the price of better shoestands.
0
Flasherly
9/29/2009 5:21:44 PM
mm <NOPSAMmm2005@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer.  The printing is okay for
> my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone.  I've only printed
> 20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I
> figure it's not running out of toner.   I see no method on the machine
> or in the manual to darken the print.
>
> I just got it used.
>
> Am I stuck?  Is this what some laser printers are like?

	Some laser printer has option to set Darker/Lighter option, so you may
want to check with the manual or GOOGLE for more info.
0
Joel

is samsung b&w laser printer good for printing envelopes?
I have need for a laser printer that will print 200-250 envelopes at a time. Has anyone reading this used any of the Samsung laser printers? They appear to be price competitive, but I desire to know how efficient they are for envelope printing? best, Aaron I have a Samsung ML1510 (Don't laugh) it's only an 'El Cheapo', actually I was looking for a replacement for the dreaded Epson C62 and came across this at Dabbs Computers, Bolton, UK for about �48 - and it proved to be a real work horse, I got this initially to make printed circuit boards by using '...

Printing in B&W on a color laser printer
I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9420CN, running on Win XP. I'd like to be be able to print certain web pages that use colored text in black-and-white. But when I try changing the print settings, the closest I get is grayscale text. Is there any way to print those colors as pure -black-and-white? If not, does anyone know of a utility that would convert the page to b&w before sending it to the printer? thanks! "cityboy" <cityboy3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:18950c78-61bd-4357-90f8-ce7a80a1fc75@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I recently purchased...

Anyone using a Samsung B&W Laser Printer?
Is anyone using a Samsung Laser Printer? I'd like to check and see if you have their Smart Panel software working on your OSX 10.4.10. I have their ML2510 laser. Their Mac driver installs ok off their CD and is working fine but their Mac software package called "Smart Panel"for the ML2510 doesn't function in Tiger. Both are on the CD as Mac folders so it's not a PC mixup from the CD. I talked to them last night about the Smart Panel not functioning and was told that they are "working" on Smart Panel for Macintosh and that it will show on their site when...

Which B&W laser printer?
Hello everyone, Currently I am looking to upgrade from my current machine (see .sig) to a Sawtooth or Mystic G4 and at the same time to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 700 with a black-and-white laser printer. The laser has to have the following: - min. 600 * 600 (dpi), - support for/by MacOS 8.1 to 10.5 and - Ethernet connection (preferably UTP). Laser all-in-ones with flat-bed fax (min. speed 14k4) would also be considered. I look forward to hearing of your experience -- the good, the bad and the ugly -- directly or (preferably) on this NG :-). Yours sincerely, -- ...

Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer?
Hi Folks! Is there a printer which prints GOOD QUALITY color images and composite docs AND also offers cost-effective, speedy B&W printing? I ask as I need to be able to print brochures and photos in color with GOOD quality but still need to be able to print B&W docs at economical cost and speedily. Normally, I specify a good (inkjet, usually a Canon) color printer for the color print/composite doc work and a cheap laser (ilke the Samsung 1710 or Brother HL-1440) for fast, cheap B&W printing jobs. I am wondering if these days there is now an (most likely still in...

B&W laser printer for gentoo?
I use gentoo linux operating system I will either be using cups, gutenprint, or hp drivers ... I think I don't yet know if I want a USB2 or ethernet printer I want an all-in-one (printer,scanner,copier,fax) want laser because the hp photosmart I have, that works good for color, runs out of black in fast, the black ink is in the same cartridge as light_cyan and light_magenta the following one image ran out black cartridge http://www.dalekelly.org/images/c_ppmcie.png I have read somewhere? that photosmart printers aren't recommended for text, so I want a B&W pri...

Reliable b&w laser printer
I am looking for a *RELIABLE* personal monochrome laser printer. Usage will only be an average of a few pages per day. A low profile would be a bonus, as space (height) is limited. Also, any "stay away from" caveats for so called "All-In-One" printers? Thanks. ...

B&W Laser printer suggestion
Hi, I'm just in the process of buying a new printer, and am mainly looking at a black & white laser printer, preferably a multi-function one with scanner and "photocopying" possibilities. As I'm a student, the cost is an issue. Which ones would you suggest? Are there any specific models that are especially good - or bad? Any specific vendor that I should avoid? I have to admit that I'm not very good at this field, and it is difficult to find comparative reviews of printers online. -- Martin Gerner In article <1190197632.128854.293210@n39g200...

which b&w laser printer (usb)
Please recommend a monochrome laser for me. It needs to do B&W faster and cheaper than my inkjet (i.e. better than measured 13 ppm, 3.6 cents per page) Needs to be able to print on the following stock: cheap copy paper card stock (like post cards) transparencies envelopes Needs to be USB (will be connected to a USB print server) When in standby should be quiet and energy efficient so I can leave it on all the time All computers using this are XP but Linux support would be nice Budget: $250 thanks sathyan sundaram.15@osu.edu (Sathyan Sundaram) wrote in message ne...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ...

Choosing an cheap b&w laser printer
Hello, I'm searching for a laser printer to buy. I will use it mostly for text and I wish I could get a quite nice quality, with the lowest cost per page. Can someone give me some advice or specific brand or model? Thanks a lot! Ed The Samsung 1710 is very low priced after rebate and has excellent text quality. You can also try the new HP LaserJet 1012. "Ed" <edtpasde@spamnerim.net> wrote in message news:3ffb1413$0$22308$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > I'm searching for a laser printer to buy. > I will use it mostly for ...

Suggestions for B&W personal laser printer
My 14-year-old HP 5L is showing signs of needing replacement. I haven't been keeping up with the new crop of laser printers so don't know which is best now. I actually don't do a lot of printing. I'm still on the toner cartridge I bought when the one that came with the 5L ran out, but it's about gone. But I do want excellent quality for text since I'll use the printer for letters. I have an Epson inkjet printer I use for graphics or anything else with color. Smaller HP printers such as the P1006 have paper exposed to gather dust, so I'd prefer somethi...

Fast B&W printer
I need to print twice on large sheet labels and working with a laser printer (samsung) is causing problems as the heat warps the labels on first run causing problems on second run. Any thoughts on a FAST standard Inkjet printer ? with cheap refillable cartridges that doesnt use or require HEAT to help with printing. only black and white required as no colour prinitng will be required on this printer Is there such a thing (cheap) as a laser printer that doesnt use heat ( me doesnt think so ) Any thpughts appreciated Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] .........................

fast B&W printer- Non laser
I need to print twice on large sheet labels and working with a laser printer (samsung) is causing problems as the heat twists the labels on second run Any thoughts on a FAST standard Inkjet printer ? with cheap refillable cartridges that doesnt use or require HEAT to help with printing. only black and white required as no colour prinitng will be required on this printer Any thpughts appreciated -- Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] ............................................... Never Be A Cloud In Anyones Life http://www.blueskymarketing.co.uk Home :-) http://www...

Web resources about - How to make darker the print of a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer? - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...