How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?

I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from
my HP
all-in-one.  I'm exploring three options, and option two is overriding
the
expiration date.
- According to the official HP information at
http://www.hp.com/pageyield/articles/us/en/InkExpiration.html , the
HP88
cartridge is "Able to continue after override."
- According to the footnote on that official webpage, override
instructions are
either "on the printer, in the user manual, or in the ink cartridge
expiration
message on the computer screen."

Three swings and a miss, HP.  The override instructions are not to be
found
in any of those places, or on the web.  Can someone else tell me (or
point
me to a website that shows) how to do this magic "override" trick?
Remember,
it has to be for an OJ L7500/7600/7700 series.

--
Regards
Ray

"rayd" <rdgoogle@uniqeng.com> wrote in message

> I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from
> my HP all-in-one.  I'm exploring three options, and option two is
> overriding the expiration date.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here.  The message for an
expiration date issue is different, it would say the ink supply is
expired.

What is the exact message?  If it is actually "printhead missing or
damaged" the following would help:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01446637&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob

Re^2: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
(Apologies for starting a new basenot. My newsreader is misbehaving.) e: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series? Bob Headrick (bobh@xxxxxxxxxxx>) said: > > I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from > > my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option two is > > overriding the expiration date. > > > I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. The message for an expiration date issue is > different, it would say the ink supply is expired. > &g...

Where is the CMOS battery on an HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
(This is #1 in a series of 3 posts. This posting may sound like a FAQ, but the information I've dug up so far doesn't apply to this printer family.) I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option one is removing or isolating the CMOS battery in the printer. Unfortunately, the only diagram I could find on the web is for a different model of AIO. Can someone tell me (or point me to a website that shows) the location of the CMOS battery in an OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series A...

Secret keyboard combinations on an HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option three is to use a magic key combination on the printer's own keyboard. Google has a cached page at http://cnet.nytimes.com/multifunction-devices/hp-photosmart-3310-all/4852-3181_7-31413613.html?ord=creationDate+desc that mentions a magic key combination on a Photosmart printer that resets the printer and resolves a bogus printer error. Does anybody know of a similar key combination for the HP Officejet L7500/7600/7700 series? -- Reg...

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
Q: What is the significance of the date printed on the HP ink PACKAGE? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 > Relevant Hewlett Packard ink cartridge dates are: > - The date HP manufactured the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge package consumer cardboard box > - The date HP printer cartridges are installed in the printer > - The date HP first stops printing (due to false "low ink" messages) > - The date HP usually stops printing (due to false "expiration" messages) > - The date HP actually stops p...

HP Printer Ink Expiration & Warranty Date Secret Decoder Ring
As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer ink relevant dates. Note that most people throw away the ink cartridge upon the first (false) expiration date. Only those who read the google record know that first end-of-service date can be overcome, giving the user an additional year or two of useful service. I post this by way of peer review so that the experts can correct where I make any mistake. 1. Manufacture date = date printed on ink cartridge minus 30 months 2. Installation date = hand written on ink cartridge when first installed 3. Install-by date = manuf...

Galerie Pear Paper on HP OfficeJet 4200 series & HP ink
Hi there, I've been using this paper with this printer for a few months now without problem. I have a colour calibrated system. However, I tried printing a black and white image for the first time yesterday and unfortunately in natural daylight there is a significant green colour cast to the image. The image uses an RGB colour space where half of the print contains a colour image, the other half the b&w image. The b&w image really is grey-scale. I print using the 'hp premium plus photo paper, matte' setting. I was unable to choose 'black print cartridg...

Printer Ink

Borderless printing on HP 7600 series and 7960 printers?
Hello all Will the HP 7600 series and the 7960 print true borderless 4x6(no tab),5x7, and 8.5x11 on all 4 edges ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that some printers will leave an unprinted margin at the bottom of a 4x6 print that is printed on 4x6 paper with no tear off tab. Thanks John B "John B" <jhbow@green.misnet.com> wrote in message news:yxydnW6lMt7YUBWiXTWJjg@netdoor.com... > Will the HP 7600 series and the 7960 print true borderless 4x6(no > tab),5x7, and 8.5x11 on all 4 edges ? Yes, these printers (as well as the DeskJet 5650...

HP #10 ink cartridges expiration date unknown???
I bought 3 #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well, I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked w...

Disassembly Instructions for HP 1100 series printers Ink Cleaning
I took my 1115 apart to clean - boy what a mess. If you need to clean your HP nter ink well, etc. you need this. I wrote up instructions and took pictures. Disassembly, Cleaning, Reassembly - with hints and warnings. Breaks it all the way down and only what is necessary. You won't take things apart you don't need to. It just may save you from breaking things and wrong assembly. get a copy and make life easier.. It should be pretty exact for all 1100 series and maybe for something like 970 - don't know contact me at ruggbhell@nc.rr.com remove "hell" ...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 "missing or damaged cartridge"
I just posted a series of three messages at comp.periphs.printers, asking about three solutions to the bogus "missing or damaged cartridge" error message on the OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 all-in-one. Please consider this a pointer to those messages, asking about: - the location of the CMOS battery in the AIO. - how to "override" the expiration date, which HP officially declares is possible, but then never tells us how to do. - any magic key combination using the printer's keyboard, similar to what users can do on PhotoSmart printers. I've scoured the Web looking...

Learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates
I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates. The printers stop working once the date is up. Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away the printer for about six months. If I had known it works like this, I would never get this one in the beginning. Hey HP, Very smart way of making money. But I'm buying generic ink cartridges instead of yours. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:09:46 -0400, Estella <Estella@fixup.com> wrote: >I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration >dates. The printer...

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer
What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer is going to go into this thread. I broke a lot, spilled a lot, cursed a lot, and tried a lot ..... and I just want you to benefit from what I learned so I'll try to put it in this thread. Please feel free to interject what you've learned. The hope is that this thread helps anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer who wishes to refill seemingly expired ink tanks and resurrect seemingly dead printheads. I'll post pictures and describe the process and reference URLs on the Internet in subsequent po...

Web resources about - How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series? - comp.periphs.printers

Expiration (options) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance, the expiration date of an option contract is the last date on which the holder of the option may exercise it according to its terms. ...

Facebook Sends Notifications To Users With Claimed Offers That Are Near Expiration
The tweaks to Facebook offers continue, with some users seeing notifications alerting them that offers they have claimed will expire soon. continued… ...

Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

netflix expiration - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore catastrophegirl's photos on Flickr. catastrophegirl has uploaded 7090 photos to Flickr.

Expiration Date - YouTube
Engineer and Medic make an unsettling new discovery while experimenting with the teleporter. Meanwhile, Scout stops insulting Spy long enough ...

Critics pan Terminator: Genisys in first reviews as 'past its expiration date'
Terminator fans have had high hopes for the latest, fifth instalment in the science-fiction franchise. But now the early reviews of T5 are flowing ...

A good time to go: Baird leaves before election expiration
Baird did what a lot of his colleagues should do. He called his own retirement play.

Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed
Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed People's Daily Online Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed. ( ...

How key-based cache expiration works
... structures, like the one we’re using for Basecamp Next . Thankfully there’s a better way. A much better way. It’s called key-based cache expiration ...

OnePlus X pricing seemingly leaks as OnePlus 2 invite expiration is extended
OnePlus' next handset has been the subject of many a post in recent days and weeks. Dubbed the OnePlus X, one of the only things we've been unclear ...