HP 10 and 11 cartridges

Does anyone have experience with how the expiration dates on these
cartridges affect their use? I've seen some websites that say they die
on the date printed on the box/cartridge (2 years from manufacture),
while others say that the /warranty/ expires on that date, but the
'hard expiration' date isn't until 4 years from the manufacturing
date. Since I'm getting rid of my 1100D, I'm selling all of our extra
cartridges on eBay, most of them don't expire for another two years,
but I have one set that expires on various months this year (April,
June, October) and want to be honest about how much longer they'll
work. If not, I'll just throw them out.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
0
info

info@fenrironline.com (Fenrir Enterprises) wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with how the expiration dates on these
>cartridges affect their use? I've seen some websites that say they die
>on the date printed on the box/cartridge (2 years from manufacture),
>while others say that the /warranty/ expires on that date, but the
>'hard expiration' date isn't until 4 years from the manufacturing
>date. Since I'm getting rid of my 1100D, I'm selling all of our extra
>cartridges on eBay, most of them don't expire for another two years,
>but I have one set that expires on various months this year (April,
>June, October) and want to be honest about how much longer they'll
>work. If not, I'll just throw them out.
>
>---
>
>http://www.FenrirOnline.com
>
>Computer services, custom metal etching,
>arts, crafts, and much more.

Look for a post from Bob Headrick some weeks ago in this ng. I believe he said
that there is no built in expiry that disables the print heads, just a date by
which there is no guarantee of correct operation. Bob may see this and reply,
he is an ex employee of HP and knows his stuff.
Tony
0
Tony
1/29/2006 7:11:08 PM
Actually the #10-#11 cartridges are an exception, when the date onto the ink
cartridge expires the chip prevents of using them.

Yianni
1/29/2006 8:55:25 PM
"Fenrir Enterprises" <info@fenrironline.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have experience with how the expiration dates on these
> cartridges affect their use? I've seen some websites that say they die
> on the date printed on the box/cartridge (2 years from manufacture),
> while others say that the /warranty/ expires on that date, but the
> 'hard expiration' date isn't until 4 years from the manufacturing
> date.

The warranty date is later than what is printed on the box; typically
the box says "install by" date, the warranty date is longer.  Check
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpa02016
and
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpa02017.
For the #10 and #11 the in-printer service is typically 30 months after
installation, as long as the cartridges are installed by the install by
date.  See the above for details.

My comment previously about no forced expiration was with reference to
DeskJet, Photosmart and PSC units.  These use cartridges that have the
ink supplies and printheads integrated.  While these do have a warranty
date (two years from manufacture) they do not enforce any expiration.
The Business Inkjet products with separate printhead and ink supplies
typically do enforce am expiration.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

0
Bob
1/29/2006 9:54:14 PM
"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote:
>Actually the #10-#11 cartridges are an exception, when the date onto the ink
>cartridge expires the chip prevents of using them.
>
>--

Thanks Yianni. We learn something every day.
Tony
0
Tony
1/29/2006 11:21:20 PM
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:54:14 -0800, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
wrote:

>"Fenrir Enterprises" <info@fenrironline.com> wrote in message
>The warranty date is later than what is printed on the box; typically
>the box says "install by" date, the warranty date is longer.  Check
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpa02016
>and
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpa02017.
>For the #10 and #11 the in-printer service is typically 30 months after
>installation, as long as the cartridges are installed by the install by
>date.  See the above for details.

Thanks, I finally found those pages through Google (it doesn't link to
them from the 'Warranty & Specs' pages) it looks like they're still
usable (30 months - time since expiration date) so I'll just link to
these pages in the auction. If anyone here needs these carts (I have
four full sets of 10 black/11 color that are new and un-expired, one
set that all expires within 4-10 months, and an extra black and cyan
tank), let me know and I'll sell them cheaper than I would on eBay
since I won't have to pay auction fees.

I was going to buy a K550 to replace the 1100D but since the high
volume 88 carts are impossible to find and are still much lower volume
than the 10/11s, I'm going with a C88 + CIS or refill kits. Still
trying to decide on a company to buy from. Not even sure what to do
with the printer itself since it'll cost far too much to ship it than
any profit I'd make.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
0
info

HP 10 and HP 11 cartridges
I have a printer that uses HP11 cartridges. I also have some HP10 cartridges (unused). It's made me wonder if the ink formulations will be the same and if I can swap the HP10 ink into an empty HP11 housing? Anyone done this? I'd give it a go, but I thought I'd ask first, particularly if there's a difference in ink formulation between these units. Thanks, Paul ...

How to reset ink indicator on HP 10 and HP 11 cartridges
Hi Does anyone know how to reset the ink indicator on the HP 10 and the HP 11 ink cartridges for the printer. I am using the HP Business Printer 1100d. Thanks Mike C ...

correction HP 11 v1 = HP-11.11 and HP 11 v2 = HP11.22 ?
that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) geo cli <gclink@houston.rr.com> wrote: > that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) Actually, that should have been 11.23 :) 11i v1 is PA only, 11iv2 is (will be real soon now) PA and IA. At present it is IA (Itanium) only. rick jones -- Wisdom Teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events. these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :) feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH... HP UX 11i V2 is B.11.23. It is available for both PA RISC and Itanium mac...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

LVM Problems
To LVM & HP UX Gurus I'm not an Unix administrator so my questions may appear to be ridiculous .... to some experts. However, I do have a serious problem with 2 external disks. The 2 disks were connected to a C160 HP UX 10.20. As the C160 fails on memory problems and was very instable, I do have connected these 2 disks on a C360 HP UX 11.00. Using SAM, the disks were mounted automatically in VxFS, but I can't see any data on them ! Back on the C160, one disk has been mounted. It is seen, but no data on it ! The second disk has not yet been mounted as I do not want ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23
Hello, I am really new to HP-UX! I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 bit). Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? Thanks, Federico Federico Cozzi schreef: > Hello, > I am really new to HP-UX! > > I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 > bit). > Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 > (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? > > Thanks, > Federico Federico, Was it compiled statical or dynamical? The first...

Does Oracle 10.1 or 10.2 run on HP UNIX 11
I have a HP UNIX server still running HP UNIX 11 (and not 11i). Being a prodction system it is almost impossible to upgrade it to 11i. Will Oracle 10 run on it. Accordng to Oracle Certfication matrix, Oracle 10g is certfied with 11I, but question is will it still run with older version. zigzagdna@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a HP UNIX server still running HP UNIX 11 (and not 11i). Being > a prodction system it is almost impossible to upgrade it to 11i. Will > Oracle 10 run on it. Accordng to Oracle Certfication matrix, Oracle > 10g is certfied with 11I, but question is will it still...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

query on bash on HP-UX B.10.20/B.11.11
Hi Everyone, Which version of bash on HP-UX will give proper result of the following addition. i.e. the result of two positive numbers, one of which is 4294967295, is greater than the two operands: bash-3.0 > M=4294967295 bash-3.0 > V=65536 bash-3.0 > expr $M + $V 4295032831 /* expected. but, getting 65535 here */ bash-3.0 > I am using bash-3.0 on HP-UX B.11.11, which is giving me the result 65535 instead of 4295032831. I tried bash-2.03, bash-2.04 and bash-3.0. But, all of them giving the same result. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, jsb_bh jsb_bh@yahoo.com (jsb_bh) wr...

[News] Release Schedules for Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, Ubuntu 10.10 Developer Summit

Connect an old parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to MacBook Pros (Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.8.2)?
Hello. My client would like to know if it is possible to connect his very old parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to his MacBook Pros since inkjet printers' inks are expensive compared to old reliable and cheaper laser. I assume it would require an USB+parallel adapter to physically connect. Also, there are HP drivers for Mac OS X 10.5.x and older, but none for the newer ones like 10.8.2. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ambitious one makes friends with the elephant, then tramples upon the ant." --Indian /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (P...

Web resources about - HP 10 and 11 cartridges - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...