HP #10 ink cartridges expiration date unknown???

I bought 3  #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer
(2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next
year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool
box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and
put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show
up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their
ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well,
I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and
it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the
results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked with a manager at
Staples who is familiar with these cartridges and he never
heard of this situation.
I know HP has taken a lot of heat for their expiration dates
so I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is their attempt to allow
the cartridges to run until they actually are out of ink, but in
doing so ink levels are incorrect.
Another possibilty is the cartridges went thru some sort of
electronic security detection  in transit to the store and now
the chip is messed up. Is this possible?
Could sloppy handling (clerk drops a whole case of cartridges)
on the floor and causes a problem with the ink levels and
expiration date?
Like I said earlier, all three cartridges are showing the same
symptoms. Printing is fine so far, but I'm dumbfounded.

TIA for help with this dilemma
mark_

0
mark_digital

"mark_digital" <XXX-RIR@comcast.com> wrote in message
> I bought 3  #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer
> (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next
> year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool
> box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and
> put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show
> up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their
> ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well,
> I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and
> it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the
> results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked with a manager at
> Staples who is familiar with these cartridges and he never
> heard of this situation.

I have not heard of this one, but I would call HP for warranty replacement
since the cartrdige are still under warranty.  Since the printer is out of
warranty they may ask for your credit card but should not charge you once they
determine it is a still-under-warranty ink supply issue.  Email me if you have
any problems with this process.

> Another possibilty is the cartridges went thru some sort of
> electronic security detection  in transit to the store and now
> the chip is messed up. Is this possible?
> Could sloppy handling (clerk drops a whole case of cartridges)
> on the floor and causes a problem with the ink levels and
> expiration date?

No.

Regards,

Bob
4/9/2004 4:39:41 PM
Hi All,

I have been using an HP Photosmart 1100 with Win 98 for the last several
years and have been very happy with it.

I just upgraded my computer to Win XP (clean install) and installed the same
Photosmart 1100 as the default printer using the same USB connection.

The printer prints just fine once it gets going but it takes an eternity (60
seconds or more) to actually start printing.  All other aspects of printing
are just fine.

I've checked both HP and Microsoft's support and knowledge base areas but
can't find any reference to this behaviour and I'm not sure what to try.

Any thoughts ?

Richard Gordon

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "mark_digital" <XXX-RIR@comcast.com> wrote in message
> > I bought 3  #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer
> > (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next
> > year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool
> > box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and
> > put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show
> > up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their
> > ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well,
> > I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and
> > it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the
> > results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked with a manager at
> > Staples who is familiar with these cartridges and he never
> > heard of this situation.
>
> I have not heard of this one, but I would call HP for warranty replacement
> since the cartrdige are still under warranty.  Since the printer is out of
> warranty they may ask for your credit card but should not charge you once
they
> determine it is a still-under-warranty ink supply issue.  Email me if you
have
> any problems with this process.
>
> > Another possibilty is the cartridges went thru some sort of
> > electronic security detection  in transit to the store and now
> > the chip is messed up. Is this possible?
> > Could sloppy handling (clerk drops a whole case of cartridges)
> > on the floor and causes a problem with the ink levels and
> > expiration date?
>
> No.
>
> Regards,

RICHARD
4/9/2004 8:30:31 PM
Could be

"mark_digital" <XXX-RIR@comcast.com> wrote in message
> I bought 3  #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer
> (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next
> year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool
> box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and
> put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show
> up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their
> ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well,
> I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and
> it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the
> results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked with a manager at
> Staples who is familiar with these cartridges and he never
> heard of this situation.
> I know HP has taken a lot of heat for their expiration dates
> so I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is their attempt to allow
> the cartridges to run until they actually are out of ink, but in
> doing so ink levels are incorrect.
> Another possibilty is the cartridges went thru some sort of
> electronic security detection  in transit to the store and now
> the chip is messed up. Is this possible?
> Could sloppy handling (clerk drops a whole case of cartridges)
> on the floor and causes a problem with the ink levels and
> expiration date?
> Like I said earlier, all three cartridges are showing the same
> symptoms. Printing is fine so far, but I'm dumbfounded.
>
> TIA for help with this dilemma
> mark_

0
Stevie

Printer Ink

Followup on unknown ink cartridge expiration date
I haven't called Hp yet and that's a good thing. I bought a #10 large capacity black ink cartridge and it's date stamped on the outside of the package reads Dec 05. When I installed it the Hp tool box said Dec 6 2005. So far so good. Two days later it said June 12 2006. I wish I knew what's going on 'cause I could make a killing updating cartridges. mark_ ...

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
Q: What is the significance of the date printed on the HP ink PACKAGE? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 > Relevant Hewlett Packard ink cartridge dates are: > - The date HP manufactured the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge package consumer cardboard box > - The date HP printer cartridges are installed in the printer > - The date HP first stops printing (due to false "low ink" messages) > - The date HP usually stops printing (due to false "expiration" messages) > - The date HP actually stops printing (due to true expiration messages) Since we now know full well HP inserts up to three false expiration dates before the final (true) expiration date, I ask this question: Q: What is the MEANING of this date printed on the HP package box? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 Note 1: Box-print-date is NOT the date the cardboard box was actually printed (as a quick look at packages on the store shelves shows most, if not all, to be in the future). Note 2: Box-print-date also can not be the Cartridge_print_date as the date printed on the HP ink cartridge is easily proven to be different simply by opening a box. Given that actual re-fill tests proved (in ascending order): a) derived_true_manufacture_date = 2001/12/10 (cartridge printed date - 2.5 years) b) date_cartridge_was_purchased === 2002/01/12 (date cartridge was purch...

HP Printer Ink Expiration & Warranty Date Secret Decoder Ring
As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer ink relevant dates. Note that most people throw away the ink cartridge upon the first (false) expiration date. Only those who read the google record know that first end-of-service date can be overcome, giving the user an additional year or two of useful service. I post this by way of peer review so that the experts can correct where I make any mistake. 1. Manufacture date = date printed on ink cartridge minus 30 months 2. Installation date = hand written on ink cartridge when first installed 3. Install-by date = manuf...

How to reset ink indicator on HP 10 and HP 11 cartridges
Hi Does anyone know how to reset the ink indicator on the HP 10 and the HP 11 ink cartridges for the printer. I am using the HP Business Printer 1100d. Thanks Mike C ...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any ideas/opinions/comments welcomed. BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided print feature. In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com> writes >I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet >printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual >colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP >does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? > >Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems >only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very >satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the >impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any >ideas/opinio...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges
I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? rusure wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote: > rusure wrote: > > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. I don't think Canon cartridges have anything to do with Commodore Business Machines. ;-) -Andrew ___ / __|__ Cottonwood BBS / / |_/ telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com \ \__|_\ Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games! \___| http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs On Aug 6, 6:32 pm, rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? Try this, to make sure it's OK still. 1. Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge. 2. Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the print head for only a few seconds 3. If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a...

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

HP 27 Ink cartridge does it only work to a specific date
I have a run of the mill all in one hp psc1315. It use a HP 27 black cartridge. I notice that my printer now generate error messages . I know!! the cartridge has ink in it. I have been refilling it. I noticed today that their is a date on the bottom of the cartridge 2006/09/13A. Does Hp printer check for expiration date ??. Regards "L" <lc@xxxjoimail.com> wrote in message news:Ve2Qg.3743$UG4.3463@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have a run of the mill all in one hp psc1315. It use a HP 27 black >cartridge. I notice that my printer now gene...

HP cartridge with 2001 expiration date -- still ok?
There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap, turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that applies to the 45A cartridge. Bill If it's stiill sealed in the factory box, it should be fine. Everytime they send me a replacement 45A cartridge through our hardware support unit in work for the K80on my desk, they're atleast as old as 2001. I've yet to get one...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in message news:cn68n5$cl4$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink > volume in each cartridge: > > "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E > HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E > HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" > > I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink > cartridge! > > meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. No, the 14mL is the total. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

HP CP1700 printer has expired cartridges. Any way to hack this?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

Resetting expiration date HP CP1160 print cartridge (#14)
Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it is. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, John The expiry date is burned in to a microchip that is part of the uPC that is inside of the cartridge. This chip was programmed at the time of manufacture. It is not something you can change. This is unfortunate that someone cannot keep these cartridges in storage. They did this to prevent refilling. I was told that they discontinued this procedure for the newer printers, because they were loosing a lot of sales because of this practice. -- Jerry G. ===== "jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message news:10dhm8rrg3r2909@corp.supernews.com... Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it is. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, John These cartridges can be refilled but you have to replace the chip or reset it. Pete "jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message news:10dhm8rrg3r2909@corp.supernews.com... > Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet > cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it > is. Any information would be helpful. &...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP 10 and HP 11 cartridges
I have a printer that uses HP11 cartridges. I also have some HP10 cartridges (unused). It's made me wonder if the ink formulations will be the same and if I can swap the HP10 ink into an empty HP11 housing? Anyone done this? I'd give it a go, but I thought I'd ask first, particularly if there's a difference in ink formulation between these units. Thanks, Paul ...

Learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates
I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates. The printers stop working once the date is up. Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away the printer for about six months. If I had known it works like this, I would never get this one in the beginning. Hey HP, Very smart way of making money. But I'm buying generic ink cartridges instead of yours. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:09:46 -0400, Estella <Estella@fixup.com> wrote: >I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration >dates. The printer...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option two is overriding the expiration date. - According to the official HP information at http://www.hp.com/pageyield/articles/us/en/InkExpiration.html , the HP88 cartridge is "Able to continue after override." - According to the footnote on that official webpage, override instructions are either "on the printer, in the user manual, or in the ink cartridge expiration message on the computer screen." Three swings and a miss...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

Re^2: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
(Apologies for starting a new basenot. My newsreader is misbehaving.) e: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series? Bob Headrick (bobh@xxxxxxxxxxx>) said: > > I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from > > my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option two is > > overriding the expiration date. > > > I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. The message for an expiration date issue is > different, it would say the ink supply is expired. > > What is the exact message? If it is actually "printhead missing or damaged" the > following would help: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01446637&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010 > > Regards, > Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging The message is "Ink cartridge(s) missing or damaged," not "printhead," but "cartridge." It's a bogus message. The ink cartridge is neither missing nor damaged. This message simply indicates that the cartridge has reached its expiration date. It's got nothing to do with a missing or damaged cartridge. HP was too lazy to put an error message saying "Time's up! Replace your cartridge!" into the AIO's firmware, and they were too stupid to make it a warning message rather than a hard error that locks up the entire AIO. This...