HP 2605 vs HP 3600

I'm looking for a color laser printer with a small footprint (compared
to my old HP 4600).  I've seen recommendations here for the HP 2605dn,
which is sold in the local office supply store.

The same store also has the HP 3600n.  This printer has larger-capacity
toner cartridges and has postscript driver support for older Macintosh
computers.

I also looked at an Okidata C5800 in another store, but worry that
cartridges and service parts may not be as widely available.  I don't
think it has postscript either.

I would appreciate any comments about good points/bad points/things to
watch out for on these printers.

Fred
0
Fred

Bumping this. Am also considering the same thing. Help greatly
appreciated!  Anyone?

Fred McKenzie wrote:
> I'm looking for a color laser printer with a small footprint (compared
> to my old HP 4600).  I've seen recommendations here for the HP 2605dn,
> which is sold in the local office supply store.
>
> The same store also has the HP 3600n.  This printer has larger-capacity
> toner cartridges and has postscript driver support for older Macintosh
> computers.
>
> I also looked at an Okidata C5800 in another store, but worry that
> cartridges and service parts may not be as widely available.  I don't
> think it has postscript either.
>
> I would appreciate any comments about good points/bad points/things to
> watch out for on these printers.
>
> Fred

0
tabbiecat

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP 6940 vs HP 6980
With the exception of the wireless feature of the HP 6980, is the funcionality of these two printers basically the same? Thanks, Dave C. "Dave C." <myaddress@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ZIWdnR8Kwomb2PrbnZ2dnUVZ_qemnZ2d@comcast.com... > With the exception of the wireless feature of the HP 6980, is the > funcionality of these two printers basically the same? Yes, they have the same print engine and have the same features and spec's. You might also want to take a look at the DeskJet 6940DT and 6980DT models. These are the same printer as...

HP 17BII+ vs HP 20b
what are the differences? The 17B is twice the price. On Oct 8, 3:14=A0pm, Steve Schow <dewdma...@gmail.com> wrote: > what are the differences? =A0The 17B is twice the price. Check out Eric Rechlin's excellent website hpcalc.org: 17bII+ http://commerce.hpcalc.org/17biip.php 20b http://commerce.hpcalc.org/20b.php S.C. ...

HP 48GII vs. HP 49G+
I'm looking into buying either one of these calculators. I was wondering if getting the 49G+ is worth paying an extra 40 dollars for? I know that the 49 has a bigger display and is faster, but other than that what is different? I don't know much about calculators, and I used a TI 83 for highschool. But my brother convinced me to get a HP. I got a 48GX for christmas but the screen broke 2-3 months after that, and now I am borrowing my other brothers TI 85. thanks russ In <16bd5fef.0309181846.166df546@posting.google.com> Russ wrote: > I'm looking into buying either one...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer whi...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

Web resources about - HP 2605 vs HP 3600 - comp.periphs.printers

Stephen Colbert Makes Ben Carson Entrance On ‘Late Show’
Stephen Colbert paid tribute to the opening moments of ABC News’ GOP debate in New Hampshire on the eve of that states’ first primary in the ...

Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
Amazon Web Services is handing PC and console game developers new tools to encourage them to use its cloud services for their back-end server ...

Hackers reportedly attempting to bribe Apple employees for login details, offering $23k
Apple employees in Ireland have been offered €20,000 ($23,000) for access to the login details, reports Business Insider , citing a current and ...

Obama seeks over one-third rise in U.S. cyber security funding
By Dustin Volz WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's budget proposal for the 2017 fiscal year seeks $19 billion for cyber security ...

Hong Kong Activists, Police Clash Over Holiday Food Stalls
ABC News Hong Kong Activists, Police Clash Over Holiday Food Stalls ABC News A rioter throws bricks at police and lit fires on streets in ...

US Senator Calls for Investigation of Cruise Ship in Storm
Federal transportation officials might soon be looking into a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that ran into high winds and rough seas in the Atlantic ...

Two Passenger Trains Collide in Germany, Casualties Reported
A head-on collision of two passenger trains occurred in southeastern Germany on Tuesday, with at least nine people killed and over 150 sustaining ...

Valentine’s Day Economics
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s a good opportunity to think about all those roses and how the market process brings them to our door. ...

‘Expendables 4’ Cast Update: Sylvester Stallone Out, Hulk Hogan, Jack Nicholson And More In?
Expendables 4 is finally in the works, and we’ve just been given a lot of casting information about the upcoming flick. While some of the news ...

Instagram now lets you see more than one account
Instagram have announced that starting this week, users will now be able to view more than one account on the same device.