HP 5150 vs. Epson C84 vs. Canon i560

They are all about $100.

1. Which offers best print quality?
2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use?
3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink?
4. Which is most refill friendly?

0
davefr

"davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message
> They are all about $100.
>
> 1. Which offers best print quality?

I'd give this to the HP 5150.

> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use?

HP 5150.

> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink?

Canon i560/Epson C84

> 4. Which is most refill friendly?

Don't know.  I refuse to refill after the mess with my other cartridge.
Epson and Canon cartridges are cheap enough.  HP cartridges can be bought at
a decent price from Costco.

0
xNokia3390x
12/19/2003 5:35:53 AM
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:35:53 GMT, "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com>
wrote:

>"davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message
>> They are all about $100.
>>
>> 1. Which offers best print quality?
>
>I'd give this to the HP 5150.
>
>> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use?
>
>HP 5150.
>
>> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink?
>
>Canon i560/Epson C84

I think canon has a slight to noticeable edge on price.

>> 4. Which is most refill friendly?
>
>Don't know.  I refuse to refill after the mess with my other cartridge.
>Epson and Canon cartridges are cheap enough.  HP cartridges can be bought at
>a decent price from Costco.

Canon is, IMO. HP carts ar tough to refill, unless you really know
how. Epsons are chipped (as are some HP).

0
Gary
12/19/2003 3:29:04 PM
Out of the current under $100 lot I'd probably go more for the S830D

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3423643

Cari
www.coribright.com

"davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message
> They are all about $100.
>
> 1. Which offers best print quality?
> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use?
> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink?
> 4. Which is most refill friendly?

0
Cari
12/20/2003 7:14:40 AM
"davefr" <nospam@net.com> skrev i meddelandet
> They are all about $100.
>
> 1. Which offers best print quality?
The one that a) doesn't clog AND  b) the one that makes the smallest black
dots (likely Canon)

> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use?
?    One could guess that large nozzles stay clear better and print worse.

> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink?
The one with fix print heads and not very komplicated cartridges (likely
Canon)

> 4. Which is most refill friendly?
Not Epson!

Morgan O.

0
Morgan

Epson C84 vs. HP 5150
Tired of buying $50 print heads for a BJC-2100 (no doubt user error for the most part, but it's time to start fresh). Pretty much narrowed it down to the Epson C84 and the HP 5150. I like the seperate color cartridges on the Epson and what seems to be cheaper cost per page. The HP is appealing for the new printhead with each cart. That seems key based on my experience with the Canon. HP's solid rep doesn't hurt. Beyond that I seek guidance from the more informed, particularly whether I'm over-sensitive on the need for a new printhead with each cart. Don'...

Epson CX5200 vs HP 2110 vs Lexmark 5150/6150
I am a long time HP customer. I am considering buying the Epson CX5200. It can be had for $142 with a $20 rebate and it includes the usb cable. I was comparing this against the HP 2110 (also a multifunction device). Last on my list would be the Lexmark products. Does anybody have any experiences with these machines? Am I being pennywise and dollar foolish to go for the cheaper machine? I compared these in the store and both seem about the same in quality and speed. Then again, it was only in the store. Real world experiences vary... Thanks. Art ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc >changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know >kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is >useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you >can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. >Any help would be helpful Canon WX engine printers, sold by HP as 5Si, 5Si Mopier, and 8000 (various options for all of the above). They're heavy beasts, but impossible to destroy. Cost for toner is about 25 hundredths of a cent per page, if you buy remans on eBay. Need a maintenance kit every 350,000 prints. Maintenance kits include new rollers, fuser, transfer roller. Cost about $100 on eBay. I have several of these printers, some with many millions of impressions on them, and still going strong. -- Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regu...

Personal opinions on all-in-one's requested
Dear subscribers, You would do me a big favor if You would tell me Your experiences and opinions regarding the printers mentioned above. By the way: Would buying separate parts make a big difference in quality? It is for my parents and an all-in-one looks easier for them, for they are not that young anymore ;-). But if their quality is poor, I would reconsider this. Thanks in advance! Sincere greetings, Rene Harrie wrote: > Dear subscribers, > > You would do me a big favor if You would tell me Your experiences and > opinions regarding the printers mentioned...

WHAT vs HOW vs WHERE
In the ongoing discussion here about alternatives to the RM, the subject of pointers keeps coming up. AFAIK, one of the features of the RM is that the interconnectedness of data is established by common data values, instead of pointers. In my view, pointers are "good things" not "bad things". But there are plenty of "good things" that will harm you if you don't use them right. One of the ways a network or graph data base achieves performance is by the efficient use of pointers, and the strategic preplacement of pointers where they will be need...

Canon i560s VS. Epson 84?
Need new printer. Down to these two. Anybody have experience with both? Thanks in advance. Bill <misterwilliamc@yahoo.com> typed: > Need new printer. > Down to these two. > Anybody have experience with both? > > Thanks in advance. > > Bill I love my i550 (pre-i560 - almost the same). Great printout, cheap carts, very easy to refill. Very fast. Absolute winner of all reviews in his class. I would say for Epson - what's at least, probably has chipped carts, which makes you harder to refill. Also i've heard that when it stops printing (aka empty cart), it's some 1/3 to 1/4 th of ink still in there - you just can't use it ... Not true after the ink low warning appeared I maneged over 80 pages of text before I had to change "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message news:e8URb.2788$%x4.351028@news.siol.net... > <misterwilliamc@yahoo.com> typed: > > > Need new printer. > > Down to these two. > > Anybody have experience with both? > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > > Bill > > I love my i550 (pre-i560 - almost the same). Great printout, cheap carts, > very easy to refill. Very fast. Absolute winner of all reviews in his class. > I would say for Epson - what's at least, probably has chipped carts, which > makes you harder to refill. Also i've heard that when it stops printing (aka > ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

ex vs. em vs. px vs. % vs. in.
Hello All, I am looking for a for a good tutorial on font size definitions in a CSS. A URL to a good tutorial with demo/example will help. I am trying to create a CSS for DocBook XML Document, but I m unable to get a cross browser/platform compatibility. I want the documents to look fairly similar on all platforms/browsers. Here is my CSS -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/new.css And here are 2 plaint text documents using that CSS: http://tinyurl.com/yu3j8 http://tinyurl.com/2zwoh More documents here -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#88 I was told that I should always use...

Epson Perfection 4990: Pro vs Photo, vs Canon 9950F
Anyone know what the difference is between the Epson 4990 Photo and the 4990 Pro, other than the price? Is there any difference in hardware or supplied accessories, or just the included software? I will be scanning primarily photos, some of which are very old and need to be cleaned up, but I might also try scanning my 30+ year old set of slides. I use Photoshop, but I am not particularly proficient at photo re-touching, so I would like the scanner to do some of the hard work in terms of improving the images, before I work on them. I will be replacing my Epson Perfection 1200, ...

Epson C84 vs. (old) 875DC -- 4 vs. 6 colors
I have an Epson 875DC which has served me well for several years and still prints great 8x10 photos. I recently acquired a free C84 - haven't opened the box yet and don't know whether to use it or sell it. When I compare the specs on the two printers, the 875 has 1440x720 dpi with 4 picoliter droplets compared to 5760x1440 with 3 picoliter droplets for the C84. These clearly point to the C84 as the clear winner, but it is a 4-color printer and the 875 is a 6-color printer. What is more important in printing the best quality photo? Thanks, LK It is also the difference between dye and pigment. The dye based ink in the 875 will give a brighter sharper picture. The C84 print will last longer. "LK" <lk314159@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ae467a55.0406101109.678a8699@posting.google.com... > I have an Epson 875DC which has served me well for several years > and still prints great 8x10 photos. > > I recently acquired a free C84 - haven't opened the box yet and don't > know whether to use it or sell it. When I compare the specs on the > two printers, the 875 has 1440x720 dpi with 4 picoliter droplets > compared to 5760x1440 with 3 picoliter droplets for the C84. These > clearly point to the C84 as the clear winner, but it is a 4-color printer > and the 875 is a 6-color printer. What is more important in printing > the best quality photo? > > Thanks, > LK ...

Canon i860 vs. HP 5150 story
Last week, I purchased the HP 5150 inkjet printer. I choose HP because I had been happy with an older HP printer. To make a long story short, I encountered several error messages when printing, and after checking several issues, was told by HP that my 5150 probably had a hardware defect. I also thought the printer had a flimsy construction. So I returned it, and instead of getting another HP 5150, I went to a different store and was recommended the Canon i860. What a difference. The Canon printer has a much more solid design, many more features, the software powering the printer uses less system resources, and it has 5 ink cartridges vs. HP's 2. Of course, the Canon is also more expensive, but if the quality holds out I won't mind. History Fan wrote: > Last week, I purchased the HP 5150 inkjet printer. I choose HP because > I had been happy with an older HP printer. To make a long story short, I > encountered several error messages when printing, and after checking several > issues, was told by HP that my 5150 probably had a hardware defect. I also > thought the printer had a flimsy construction. > > So I returned it, and instead of getting another HP 5150, I went to a > different store and was recommended the Canon i860. What a difference. The > Canon printer has a much more solid design, many more features, the software > powering the printer uses less system resources, and it has ...

JSP vs. Struts vs. JSF vs. Swing vs. Tapestry vs. Spring vs. Rails
I am a JSP developer and am constantly feeling like I am missing the boat by not using any of the other frameworks out there. However, the couple I have looked at (JSF and Rails) don't impress me. In JSP, I keep all of my logic in Servlets/Beans and all of my presentation in the JSP file, making custom tags when I need to do some HTML that involves some logic. So Servlets and Tags are the glue to the JSPs and Beans. I don't see what is wrong with this model. The biggest advantage is its flexible. An example of my frustation with JSF (which is different than all the other complaints...

2 printers: HP 7960xi vs Epson R200
Hi all, I'm trying to get a mainly 4x6 photo printer (occasional bigger ones) for my dad. The two choices here are very good priced, but I need some opinion. Here in Canada, currently the price for R200 is $125 with $25 rebate, versus HP7960 which is $129 (online only), both from Bestbuy. One question I have is Bestbuy posted the HP as "HP7960XI" but the spec. just mentioned it is HP7960, which I suspect it is just that. The thing is that HP7960 appears online at least for US$130, but this offer is CAN$129!!! I'm puzzled as both printer have similar quality, the HP has LCD and standalone mode. How about price per print? Any other opinion? On the price front I'm very confused on why is the HP so 'cheap'? Any 'catch' on this printer??? HP has LCD and Epson doesn't. CNet customer review for R200 is 6.7 and HP is 7.4. Review are fair on both. BTW, I don't need the CD/DVD printing function on the R200, I consider it because it's one of the cheapest/quality ones today and the rebate. Any comments? Regards, Ernest HP 7960xi: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10064637&catid=21198&PCName=Printers_Photos_Scrapbooking&logon=&langid=EN# > The thing is that HP7960 appears online at least for US$130, but this > offer is CAN$129!!! I'm puzzled as both printer have similar quality, > the HP has LCD and standalone mode. Strictly speaking...

large format printer recommendations: epson vs hp
I have to make a decision between an epson 9600 plotter (with network card) in my office, or co-purchasing an hp 1055cm (with 2gb hard disk and extended warrantee) with another office. Neither of our offices process so much that there would be conflict in using the printer. I'm looking for any thoughts or opinions on these printers. To help stir-up some ideas, here are my premature opinions: 1. Both options cost us about the same (full price of the epson or half price of the hp). 2. Our printing is mainly maps, but often involving satellite imagery, and occasional landscape photos, so sharp, clear, high resolution prints are of some interest, though absolute color precision (such as in professional photography) is not a big deal. 3. Since we are a small office without opportunities to upgrade, or even repair, expensive equipment often, reliability and durability are also a factor. 4. One might think that since the hp is a more expensive printer, it should be a better and more durable printer...? 5. We currently have an old, hp 755cm - its problems with detecting cartridge placement, and having printing errors 3/4 of the way through a poster-size print with no prior notification, has left a bad taste in my mouth about hp printers. 6. We are in Nevada, where the humidity is so low that our 755cm cartridges frequently dry and clog - I've taken to keeping them in a humidified tupperware container between print jobs. Any similar e...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Canon vs. MIS vs. G&G vs. Inktec ink
From my limited use and tests here are my impressions of these 4 types of ink. MIS and G&G have a reasonable close match in color to the Canon ink. Inktec cyan was too far out for me to find acceptable, the color was just wrong and gray scale print was a milk chocolate color. I tested UV fade resistance using a 10 watt broad spectrum lamp about 1 inch from the print with a 2 hour exposure. None of the blacks seem to have any problems. The samples I tested were steps of cyan, magenta, yellow and black done on a Canon IP500 printer. Loss was done visually by placing original pr...

Magic vs MiNT vs Gevena vs TOS vs...
Hi all, I'm starting this thread for 2 reasons: a) I'm a bit tired of reading the same subject again and again and decided to give it a little twist, b) Personal need. So, without any further ado, my situation is this: I have a stock STE with 4 Megs of memory, in which I'll be adding a hard drive (and maybe more) in this week. Being a floppy user (Atari-wise) all these years I never thought of having any other OSes than plain old TOS, but now, since I'll be getting some more space, I thought I might as well throw in a desktop/accs/resident progs setup there as well...

A3 printers in Aust
I hadn't heard much about this new range of HP printers with 'Vivera' fade resistant inks, but some brochures have appeared in the paper this week. As I've been sorely tempted by an R1800, but the price here in Australia is exorbitant - over AU$1000. I see that the HP 8750 model is far more reasonably priced available at around AU$650. My main concern is photo longevity, so until I heard about these new Vivera inks the R1800 seemed to be my only option is A3 printers. Anyone had any experience of the 8750? It seems to get fairly good reviews, though with some criticism for over saturated prints. I hear tell that nothing has either the longevity nor the problems of pigmented inks and the printers that use them. Caitlin wrote: >I hadn't heard much about this new range of HP printers with 'Vivera' fade >resistant inks, but some brochures have appeared in the paper this week. > >As I've been sorely tempted by an R1800, but the price here in Australia is >exorbitant - over AU$1000. I see that the HP 8750 model is far more >reasonably priced available at around AU$650. > >My main concern is photo longevity, so until I heard about these new Vivera >inks the R1800 seemed to be my only option is A3 printers. > >Anyone had any experience of the 8750? It seems to get fairly good reviews, >though with some criticism for over saturated prints. > > > > ...

Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers
Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers. I am leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820 printer and 1660 scanner. I want the ability to print quality photos and scan negs and slides. I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four or six color. Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like them. Any input is apreciated. Jerry B ...

Canon mp830 vs mp960 (vs my old Hp 7310), photo prints, cost per print etc?
I'm replacing my hp7310 with a new unit.. I like the idea of having an ADF, which the mp960 doesnt have.. but I rarely use it, still it is something I want in the new unit. Also, the mp960 states it can scan negatives, I'm assuming there is no way to make the 830 scan negatives? The 830 is listed as 5 color vs the 960 at 7.. I'm assuming either way, the photo quality will be much better than the HP printer? I discovered the Fuji Kiosk at a local store.. that does prints (4x6) for 15 cents on 2 day processing or 25 cents for instant.. I was shocked that the print qua...

Web resources about - HP 5150 vs. Epson C84 vs. Canon i560 - comp.periphs.printers

Epson - Exceed Your Vision
Epson·website providing·links to Epson imaging product information, Epson color ink jet printers, Epson multimedia LCD projectors, Epson·POS ...

Epson Reset - FREE WIC Reset Utility. Reset Epson and save Your time! Not need keygen or serials
Download FREE Waste Ink Counter Reset Utility - WIC Reset Utility and reset waste ink counters in Epson printers. Buy Reset keys. MAC and Windows ...

Seiko Epson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the company has numerous subsidiaries worldwide and manufactures inkjet , dot matrix and laser printers , scanners , desktop computers , business, ...

Epson Corporate - Home -
to Contentsaria to leftMenu to header to globalnavigation to footer Home Site Map Global EPSON CORPORATE Products and Drivers About Epson Investor ...

Epson America (@EpsonAmerica) on Twitter

Epson iPrint on the App Store on iTunes
Get Epson iPrint on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Wasted Ink in the Epson 9900 - YouTube
We measured how much ink we throw away with each cartridge using an Epson 9900 series printer. We show you how to weigh your cartridge and calculate ...

Hands on: Epson Moverio smart glasses
Smart glasses are beginning to pop up everywhere. Here we take a look at Epson’s Moverio due to hit Australia by Christmas.

Epson's precision goal to capitalise on intellectual property
President Minoru Usui takes a page out of Steve Jobs' book in looking to focus on proprietary technology.

Epson to recall defective printers in China
Epson to recall defective printers in China People's Daily Online China's top quality watchdog said Tuesday that global printer maker Epson ...