HP 5850 Printer Network Install Win98

I have recently purchased a HP 5850 Network printer. While it
installed just fine on a win me machine, I have had no success on my
win98 machine. HP support has been o help (unless disconnects are
helpful).

The install software hangs while looking for a printer. I can ping the
address, I can access the web page for the printer, I just can not get
the software and driver to install.

If anyone could point me in a good direction, I would appreciate it.

I have tried the included software as well as the HPJSI.exe software
which was recommended by HP. The later knows the printer exists but
hangs while "Analyzing printer".

Thanks in advance

Bruce
0
Bruce

Home Network
Just purchased an HP Deskjet 5850 network printer for the home network which includes 5 PCs and now the printer. I have DSL service and the primary router is a Linksys BEFSR71 (3 computers connected to this one) and then I've run a line out to a second router (SMC700VBR) in another area of the house. The second router has two PCs and the HP 5850. A crossover cable connects the two routers. While I can connect to the printer with the PCs that are on the same router as the printer, I cannot connect to the printer from the PCs that are on the primary router. HP users guide...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the ma...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Networked HP 1610 Printer How to Install Drivers on Clients
I have a an HP 1610 printer attached to a linux pc running vmware. I have several virtual machines that print to it using ipp. My problem is that I don't know how to get the 1610 drivers installed on the windows xp virtual machines. The vm will see the printer on the network but then the add printer dialog asks for the driver. If I insert the install CD it cannot find the driver on it. There are a quite a few inf files on the root of the CD but none of them are recognized as the correct printer driver. The printer is not listed in the drivers that come with xp. I tried insert...

still cannot install network printer hp laserjet 1320nw
hi all, (solaris 10 u8, also see older post in this group) after failing to install my hp laserjet 1320 nw using the java desktop system "add printer..." feature in settings > system settings due to some strange java error someone suggested to simply install from the command line as root: lpadmin -p hplj1320nw -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet_1320-Postscript.ppd.gz -o dest=192.168.11.230:9100 -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o banner=never -T PS -I postscript then: enable hplj1320nw then: accept hplj1320n...

Networked HP printer installs drivers every print
I'm not sure whether this is a printer or network problem, so here goes. Two XP Home computers networked with Netgear DG834G v2 ADSL modem router and Netgear WG111v2 wireless USB adapter. HP1350 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier attached to wireless connected computer. Modem/Wireless set up working very well. Problem: Each time the computers start up they install the 1300 series software, then each time a print is sent from either of the computers the software installs again before sending the page to the printer. This is becoming boring - what have I done wrong? What ...

Install Network HP Printer on Solaris 5.9
Hi. I am trying to install a network printer LaserJet 5000N on solaris 5.9. I used a hppi application to add new printer, provide IP address, system find drivers, and setup new printer. then I did test from hppi application, server was able to print test page. lpstat -t show me folow information: device for ps2: /dev/ps2 printer ps2 is idle. enabled since Fri Mar 13 16:00:05 EDT 2009. available. when I try print page using lp command lp -p ps2 /etc/printers.conf => ps2: No such file or directory request id is ps1-164 (1 file) System can't find printer ps2 I can ping to ps2 p...

HP Install Network Printer Wizard (Jetdirect 200m)
I went to install an officejet with a jetdirect 200m card to my son's Windows 98 laptop. Of course i can't find the original JetDirect CD. Apparently HP has pulled support for Windows 98 and decided to also remove the existing software from their site. Anyone know of an alternate download source. Or perhaps someone has a CD and is willing to help. What i'm looking for isn't the printer driver but support for Jetdirect aka HP Install Network Printer Wizard. Used to be here: http://www.hp.com/go/inpw_sw Thanks. I have a version of Install Network Printer Wizard that I download...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Unable to print from old NEC SuperScript 870 printer after installing HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer driver.
Hi. Is there a reason why I cannot have multiple printer drivers set up at the same time? My father's old Toshiba laptop runs Windows 98 SE and has various printer drivers installed. He has an Epson 785EPX, NEC SuperScript 870, HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer, and many others that I cannot remember right now. Both NEC and HP printers use LPT1/parallel port. Epson printer uses USB port through an USB hub. I don't know about the other printers. NEC printer didn't have any problems before installing HP's printer driver and rebooting. HP printer worked. Then, we switched printer to NEC as default. The printer doesn't print and we get an error about communication. The first thing came to my mind is the printer driver from HP. So I uninstalled it, rebooted, and tried NEC. It didn't work until I cancelled its queued print outs request. Then, the print outs worked. Is it normal to have this problems with multiple printer drivers due to conflicts? Is there a way to fix this if it is indeed a problem? He uses many brands and types of printers with USB and LPT1 at different locations. I wonder what is in HP's driver that require a reboot for installations and uninstallations. Thank you in advance. -- "You'd think we could just attract ants like normal people." --Wolverine (X-Men:TAS) /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://an...

Unable to install a network HP DeskJet 810C Series printer on a Windows 2000 client
Hi, I'm having trouble installing on a Windows 2000 workstation a "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer" connected to a Windows NT 4 server. I run the "Add printer" wizard on the Windows 2000 workstation, choose to install a network printer, click "Next", the tree displaying all networked hosts and printers appears, I pick the "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer", which is physically connected to a Windows NT 4 server, and then I get the following error: The server on which the "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer" printer resides does not have...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com htt...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Re: Printer trays.....network printers
have you looked into requesting a specific paper type instead of specifying trays? I suggest this because it's actually a much more sensible method of paper selection, which may well have superceded tray selection (other sequences have been dropped, too, but I can't recall which ones offhand). I think that's a PCL6 thing that appeared first on HP5SIMX or so, at which point tray specs were also supported. When we had a new one of those (8 or so years ago?) HP Boise denied the existence of PCL beyond 5 "we don't do it that way any more", but has later acknowle...

installing network printer
I have an Athelon 1.2 gigahertz with 512 megs of ram running Win XP Pro. I bought a HP psc 2410 that I am trying to network to a P2 300 running Win 98. Do I have to install the printer software on both computers in order to network them together?. I guess i need to know how to network a printer from and XP machine to a Win 98 machine. Thanks for the help, Tom On Thu, 6 May 2004 22:14:26 -0400, "tcoop" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote: >I have an Athelon 1.2 gigahertz with 512 megs of ram running Win XP Pro. I >bought a HP psc 2410 that I am trying to network to a P2 300 running Win 98. >Do I have to install the printer software on both computers in order to >network them together?. >I guess i need to know how to network a printer from and XP machine to a Win >98 machine. > Thanks for the help, > Tom > if your network is setup and the computers see eachother fine, just enable printer/file sharing on the machine that has the printer attached. you then install the printer drivers on the second machine and add hardware / network printer... all done.. if you cant ping eachother then dont bother messing with the printer networking until you get the network setup properly so both computers ping and share files fine. Thanks for the reply and you were right i did not have the printer as being a shared printer. My main problem was I did not know what ...

Installing a printer over a network
I have installed a printer over a network and am having trouble printing. Windows XP. The scenario is as follows: A desktop with Epson all in one printer is installed locally attached by USB. The printer is set to share over a network. A laptop is networked to the same network as the Desktop PC The printer driver is first installed on the laptop and then when finished deleted from the printers folder. Add a printer is selected from within Printers and install a network printer. Next Browse for a printer over network is selected. (The network is visible) The prin...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

Web resources about - HP 5850 Printer Network Install Win98 - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children