HP 7760 and HP 970cxi - OFF or ON

Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today
or  for the next 8 hours?

PJ

0
PJX

PJX wrote:
> Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today
> or  for the next 8 hours?
>
> PJ

I'd turn the 970 off. The 970 draws 4 watts on, 2 watts off. Not a lot
of wasted power but it might extend the power supply life or give added
protection against lighting/surge strikes.
I don't know about the 7760.
0
tomcas
12/20/2004 4:56:52 PM
PJX wrote:

>Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today
>or  for the next 8 hours?

From a life expectancy point of view, it doesn't really matter. The
biggest killer of electronic components is thermal expansion. Turning on
and off repeatedly will cycle electronic devices through heating and
cooling which eventually damages them. If the printer is left powered
on, this is not an issue. But gentle heating and cooling, like being off
for 8 hours, is generally not a big deal.

As for ink clogging, if the printer is unused for about a minute, the
printheads are parked to prevent them from drying out and becoming
clogged.

One thing to watch though, is to make sure you turn the printer off with
its power button if you have it plugged into a power bar. This will make
sure the heads are parked before losing power.

My printer has a 30 minute auto-off feature and I have it enabled.
0
Bill
12/20/2004 8:27:27 PM
PJX wrote:
> Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today
> or  for the next 8 hours?
>
> PJ

Why wouldn't you turn them off?  You won't save much, the
970 uses about 4 watts when on but not printing and still
uses 2 watts when turned off.  So you won't save much by
turning it off.  But it turns on automatically when you send
a print job.  2 watt saving per hour for 8 hours is only 16
watts, or in terms of money it is 0.16 cents for 8 hours if
you pay 10 cents per kilowatt.  Nonetheless, just think of 1
million sitting there using 2 watts per hour because people
are too lazy to turn them off.
0
George

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reaso...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the ma...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This ...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.e...

HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update issues
I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1.... network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it. Thanks for the help, ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached to. On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote... > I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web >...

Web resources about - HP 7760 and HP 970cxi - OFF or ON - comp.periphs.printers

HP announce new printers and cameras
Digital Photography Review: All the latest digital camera reviews and digital imaging news. Lively discussion forums. Vast samples galleries ...

6ft 18AWG Figure 8 Shape AC Power Cord Cable w/o Polarized (C-7/1-15P) - Black - Monoprice.com
... the BJC 100, 1000, 2000, 2100 Series.HPHP Deskjet 710C, 712C, 720C, 722C, 810C, 812C, 916C, 932C, 930C, 950C, 952C, 960CXi, 970Cse, 970Cxi, ...

The Printer Works, HP InkJet Printers and Parts Catalogs
Your premier resource for HP DeskJets, DeskWriters, LaserJets, Color LaserJets and similar printers, parts, and accessories. Diagrams, photos, ...