HP 842C Deskjet printer color cartridge refill problem

Dear Anyone Who Might Know:

I just refilled the yellow reservoir of my #17 cartridge after it went
dry a week ago with about 10m. of ink.  It printed yellow for a short
period of time but soon faded and now will not print yellow AT ALL.
Aligning and cleaning the cartridge does no good.  However,   when I
remove the cartridge from the carriage & dab the print head on tissue
paper, some yellow bleeds through.  Why does it not print yellow any
longer and how can I get the cartridge to work so I haven't wasted the
replacement ink I've just put in???  Thanks.

0
printerguy

printerguy <dontemailme@ here.com> wrote:
> Dear Anyone Who Might Know:

> I just refilled the yellow reservoir of my #17 cartridge after it went
> dry a week ago with about 10m. of ink.  It printed yellow for a short
> period of time but soon faded and now will not print yellow AT ALL.
> Aligning and cleaning the cartridge does no good.  However,   when I
> remove the cartridge from the carriage & dab the print head on tissue
> paper, some yellow bleeds through.  Why does it not print yellow any
> longer and how can I get the cartridge to work so I haven't wasted the
> replacement ink I've just put in???  Thanks.

I've tried twice to fill the #17 and have had limited success.  I usually
end up with at least one color being a bit streaky (burnt out nozzles I
suppose).  My best guess is you have air trapped in the sponge or in the
reservior between the filter screen and the printhead.  Printing dry can
burn out some of the nozzles very quickly.  Does your needle go to the
very bottom of the cartridge?  If not, there is air in the sponge below
where your needle could reach.  Those sponges are very dense and the ink
will not migrate very far on its own.  If you can reach the bottom, try
injecting a little more very slowly right at the screen. If that doesn't
work, you might try rubber banding some paper towel to the head, place the
cartridge in a strong plastic bag or a sock head down and spinning it.
This just might push some ink down into the head area.  You might also try
very slowly applying pressure to the fill hole to push ink through.  Be
gentle or you could burst the head seals and push ink into an adjacent
cell.  Next time I refill I'm going to do it well before it runs out and
inject VERY SLOWLY (maybe even let it soak in rather than push it in)
right at the filter screen.

Good luck to both of us!
Bryan

P.S. my first attempt at the #15 (black) worked perfectly.
0
psc

Printer Ink

Is there a dos *color* printer driver for hp deskjet 842C?
I like the printer, it still works with the 'prt scn' key to dump mono ascii. Is there anything that will print an ANSI color screen, or a screencap of it on the HP? Day Brown wrote... >I like the printer, it still works with the 'prt scn' key to dump mono >ascii. Is there anything that will print an ANSI color screen, or a >screencap of it on the HP? DOS never had printer drivers. All it sends to the PRN device is plain character codes, no formatting. Printing with many colors was always done by applications that added format codes along with the text...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

HP Deskjet 840c Printer Problem
Win XP Pro on old computer, HP deskjet 840c printer was okay, since moving and trying it out I can't get it to print anything. It accepts the message to print but just 'holds' the message and won't print? I seem to have lost the set-up disk and I'm not very good at the technical stuff,,,? any advice/help truly appreciated, Thanks, Allen On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:10:52 +0100, allen@example.invalid wrote: >Win XP Pro on old computer, HP deskjet 840c >printer was okay, since moving and trying it out I can't get it to >print anything. It accepts the messa...

HP Deskjet 1000 printer problems
I returned my new HP DJ 1000 recently ($10 shipping!) and received a replacement. It seemed to work ok on a couple of test prints. Then wanted a new mono cartridge. Snce then it is printing improperly - skips lines, prints only portions of lines - skips ends of lines (acts like it doesn't see the CR and drops the remainder of the line), skips complete lines, and sometimes prints only top half of line characters. Not what appears on the monitor. Acts like it is getting bad info but a Canon printer works OK with same software (several) and documents (several different). I...

color printing problem with hp printers
I have a hp deskjet 990cse. The color stopped printing. I changed the cartridges, both black and color, cleaned the printheads,and made sure the settings were set to color. Photos do not print and colored text prints black. Any suugestions will be appreciated. ...

HP DeskJet 5150 Color Printer...
I'm trying to install this printer, however I cannot find the exact printer model in the list of printers... I wanted to cut and paste the list of printers here, but cannot... Can someone tell me which HP printer most closely functions like my printer? ie.. is there a printer that is capable of emulating this printer in the list of the HP printers supported? (MAC OS X 10.4.8) SpreadTooThin <bjobrien62@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to install this printer, however I cannot find the exact > printer model in the list of printers... > I wanted to cut and paste the list o...

HP printer problem, printer stops mid page, additional information
I forgot to say that I have installed a new, win2K specific driver for it. Nick ...

HP 820CXi printer
When I try to clean the cartridges using the HP820 Toolbox cleaning utility, it causes the printer to crash (all 3 lights flashing). The sequence of events is; 1. Click Clean Print Cartridges 2. Click Clean 3. Utility starts up, then stops responding causing printer failure indicated by all 3 lights flashing. 4. I press the Power button and the utility resumes, but I don't know whether it actually goes through with the cleaning process. 5. The utility offers the choice of an Intermediate clean, which I accept. 6. Utility indicates Printer Error and states that the computer has lost communication with the printer. 7. I click Cancel. 8. Utility offers the choice of a Prime clean, which I accept. This causes the printer to fail again. 9. I click Cancel and close the HP Toolbox. Anyone any ideas what causes this and what I should try to solve the problem? PC Spec and Op System; Pentium P133 82Mb RAM Windows 95 On 12 Oct 2003 09:44:29 -0700, paulhsimon@paulhsimon.plus.com (Paul S) wrote: >When I try to clean the cartridges using the HP820 Toolbox cleaning >utility, it causes the printer to crash (all 3 lights flashing). > >The sequence of events is; > >1. Click Clean Print Cartridges > >2. Click Clean > >3. Utility starts up, then stops responding causing printer failure >indicated by all 3 lights flashing. > >4. I press the Power button and the utility resumes, but I don&#...

HP Deskjet 3820 Printer Cartridge Stalls
I recently replaced a #15 black and #78 color cartridge on my HP Deskjet 3820 printer with brand new HP cartridges. Now the printer will not work at all. When the power is turned on the rollers spin in both directions - the cartridges move to the left hand side of the printer and a page ejects and then the cartridges move back to the home position. When I try the local print test page (hold down power and press resume 4 times), the power light just flashes continuously and the cartridges don't move at all. When I try to print a text document, I get a mechanism error / cradle could be l...

Installing the HP DeskJet 5150 Color Printer
I have a PC running XP Home SP1. My printer for the past 5 years has been a HP DeskJet 712C, which connects via a parallel port. I plan to get a faster USB printer in a few weeks and am considering the HP DeskJet 5150 Color Printer. Got a couple of questions about the 5150: 1) During installation, does the HP instruction manual suggest you use the drivers from their CD-ROM, or do they recommend allowing XP to use it's own drivers? I would assume the former since they include a CD-ROM. Just curious, because when I installed the old 712C printer, XP installed the drivers on it's own, without any need for a disc. 2) My computer has USB ports at the 2.0 speed. Will the 5150 printer take advantage of that capability? "History Fan" <IHateSPAM!!@IHateSPAM!!.com> wrote in message news:lJ1Cc.144655$DG4.131896@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > Got a couple of questions about the 5150: > > 1) During installation, does the HP instruction manual suggest you use the > drivers from their CD-ROM, or do they recommend allowing XP to use it's own > drivers? I would assume the former since they include a CD-ROM. Just > curious, because when I installed the old 712C printer, XP installed the > drivers on it's own, without any need for a disc. For best results use the drivers supplied on the CD or download the latest drivers from HP at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareLis...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any ideas/opinions/comments welcomed. BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided print feature. In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com> writes >I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet >printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual >colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP >does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? > >Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems >only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very >satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the >impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any >ideas/opinio...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Problem with Ink Refill for HP 2110 MFD Printer
I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great that day. Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error message: check the ink cartridge and the printer would not print. any suggestions? Mike I used the software clean the print head routine, removed replaced cartridge but same error message. Mike "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NNA3e.4130$pU5.2327@trnddc06... >I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great >that day. > Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error > message: check the ink cartridge > and the printer would not print. > > any suggestions? > > Mike > > > > Assuming that the cartridge is not damaged or improperly filled (PSC machines can detect high temps on firing resistors which indicate a low ink condition, In your case it may be a small pocket of air trapped in the nozzle area) You can try to force a Resistor ID reset: http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/technotes/tsg01.htm Thanks for the useful link but I got rid of the psc 2110 and bought a psc 2355. I concerned about the 2355 because the in cartdriges appear small than the ones in the psc 2110. Mike "WeInk_TechSupport" <inksupport@weink.com> wrote in message news:1112499070.572628.175400@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Assuming that the car...

HP Deskjet 842C Ink Cartridge Replacement and Refilling
HP Deskjet 842C Ink Cartridge Replacement and Refilling 15 Black 17 Color Hewlett Packard Deskjet 842C Stopped Working (July 2007) My experience with refilling and replacing ink. My printer is about 6 years old. Last week, my printer stopped working in the middle of a page, showing the blinking Bad Cartridge light. In the past, I have used non-HP 17 color ink cartridges (bad color, I consider them bad buys), and I have refilled HP 15 black cartridges (worked fine), and tried to refill HP 17 color cartridges (bad color resulted). By resetting the printer (hard reset: remove...

HP Deskjet 9800 Cannot load cartridges when setting up printer
Please give me some direction, I just bought my DJ 9800. I have installed the drivers and everything seems fine, but I cannot load the very first ink cartridges. There is a plastic device that blocks the ink cartridge cradle. I assume that this would normally drop down when the cartridge loading operation is initialized. It does not drop down and the latches can't be opened easily. When I do open the latches the cartridges will not fit in. Help. Thanks in advance, "101.derek" <101.derek@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169061086.836238.108060@m58g2000cwm....

are third party cartridges satisfactory for hp deskjet printers?
I am in need of HP cartridge #96 Black for an HP Deskjet printer. Are there any third party vendors who sell compatible cartridges for these printers? Do the cartridges give decent results? Would they damage the printer? All replies welcomed! Aaron HP is pretty protective of their cartridges being produced by 3rd party companies. Generally, what you will find on the market are refilled original cartridges. They vary in quality depending upon the condition of the cartridge they refill and the ink they use. In general, using a refill or 3rd party cartridge in an HP printer...

HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed??
Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works with just a black ink cartridge installed?? I just want a plain inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports, e-mail, ETC. I do not print pics, graphics, etc. The few web pages I do print I do not care about the color pics. They can be in black. I can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!! I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!! Thanks in advance for any help! "krazy&qu...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP 5L)
Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP 5L and 6L). Well, I just got a case of free toner for a Pitney Bowes C600. Well with so much free toner, I think I'll take one of those empty HP5L cartridges and melt a hole in the top an re fill it with toner. I know this toner might be wrong size, lack magnetic or electric charge particles properties, but all the ingredients are trash otherwise. I also have some other Canon Toner from another cartridge. So where do I melt the hole? PRobably in the top? Probably the waste bin in the cartridge do...

Web resources about - HP 842C Deskjet printer color cartridge refill problem - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...