HP 855C printer - no color ink anymore?

The last package of black ink I looked at shows the cart #`s for the
855. The black cart has a # but under color, a blank.
Has this printer been orphaned by HP?

        Regards    Buddy B
0
buddyb

<buddyb@yippy.ti.ye> wrote in message
> The last package of black ink I looked at shows the cart #`s for the
> 855. The black cart has a # but under color, a blank.
> Has this printer been orphaned by HP?

No, the DeskJet 855 printer uses the HP #41 color cartridge which is still
being produced.

Regards,

Bob

Printer Ink

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any ideas/opinions/comments welcomed. BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided print feature. In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com> writes >I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet >printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual >colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP >does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? > >Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems >only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very >satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the >impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any >ideas/opinio...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs @dadffo.ca> says... > --------------------------------------------------- > >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in > >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my > >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of > >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. > > I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software > and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show > any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to wo...

color inkjet ink vs. color laser printer toner?
My wife & I have a Canon i860 color inkjet printer. We use it only about once every 3 months. Each time one or more of the cartridges are shown as low or dried out & we have to replace many of the ink cartridges, even though they have not been used fully. Would this expense & ink replacement time be lessened if we trashed the inkjet & purchased a color laser printer? It is said that the toner is powder that does not dry out. But are there other problems using color laser printers? Is the consumable expense about the same, more, or less for laser color vs. inkje...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

Best OS/2 Color Laser Printer? HP 2500L Color LaserJet
If Timothy Sipples were a regular participant in these OS/2 newsgroups I'd be singing his praises every day. It was Tim Sipples who turned us all on to the HP Color LaserJet 2500 printer earlier this year with announcements promoting its use and how to buy this $500 for as little as $69. And I got two of them although I ended up paying $100 each because I missed the discount coupon offered by FatWallet.com. But I'm here today to sing the praises of this remarkable and most excellent LaserJet printer. I use it every day throughout the day to print a great many documents, letters, an...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

HP Laser Color printer
If you have a HP Color Laser printer, I'd like to ask you a favour: Probably you know that when you print on a color laser printer, it's likely that you are also printing a pattern of invisible yellow dots. These dots enable law enforcement agencies, secret services and others to track the origin of the stuff you have printed (see http://seeingyellow.com/ and http://www.eff.org/issues/printers for more informations). To be on topic in this newsgroup: I wrote a small Gimp plug-in (i.e. a script-fu) which helps to identify such yellow dots: http://registry.gimp.org/node/623 (...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

Web resources about - HP 855C printer - no color ink anymore? - comp.periphs.printers

SpaceX postpones rocket launch until Thursday
SpaceX postponed until Thursday a launch to propel a communications satellite into a distant orbit, followed by another attempt to guide the ...

Report: France wants Google to pay $1.76 billion in back taxes
France is reportedly demanding that Google pay 1.6 billion Euros ($1.76 billion) in back taxes. Reuters cited an anonymous official at the finance ...

How to use Facebook Reactions without pissing everyone off
The new Facebook reactions are here and g one are the days of the simple "Like." You can now express your love, anger, laughter, surprise and ...

Google To Start Making AMP Webpages More Visible In Mobile Search
Last year Google announced the Accelerated Mobile Pages Project. For those unfamiliar with the project, basically this is similar to Facebook’s ...

With Siri coming to OS X, Apple is finally making the Mac exciting again
While Siri on the iPhone has improved dramatically over the past five years, Apple's intelligent personal assistant has remained conspicuously ...

Gwen Stefani Reveals How Blake Shelton 'Popped the Question'
Gwen Stefani is pretty in pink while sitting down for an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing on Thursday (February 25) from Los Angeles. ...

Join Best Selling Author Shel Israel at the SMC San Francisco General Assembly
Join Social Media Club San Francisco on March 10 at General Assembly for a lively discussion about technology’s impact on business and life with ...

Powerful storm kills 4 in Virginia, raising death toll to 7
A powerful storm system swept across the East Coast on Wednesday, killing three people in southern Virginia and knocking out power to tens of ...

Microsoft bought a company that makes porting apps easier
Microsoft is taking its relatively new role as a mobile app maker pretty seriously. So much so that it's bought Xamarin, a company that specializes ...

Florida Officials: 3 Pregnant Women Test Positive For Zika Virus
The Florida Department of Health announced today that three pregnant women have tested positive for the Zika virus after traveling outside the ...