HP 930C won't print in black

My colour and black cartirdge ran out around the same time. I had a new
black but no new colour. I changed the black but it wouldn't print a black
document. I assumed it was still a problem with the colour cartirdidge. I
have finally now replaced the colour cartirdge, but it still won't print an
all black document.

Any ideas?

---

WasTa

Are you sure that your 'new' black cartridge hasn't dried up in the time it
wasn't used?

Cari
www.coribright.com

"WasTa" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in message
> My colour and black cartirdge ran out around the same time. I had a new
> black but no new colour. I changed the black but it wouldn't print a black
> document. I assumed it was still a problem with the colour cartirdidge. I
> have finally now replaced the colour cartirdge, but it still won't print
an
> all black document.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> ---

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
Cari
12/2/2003 1:48:42 AM
der...noone said there was a way of cleaning the cartridge!

"WasTa" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in message
> My colour and black cartirdge ran out around the same time. I had a new
> black but no new colour. I changed the black but it wouldn't print a black
> document. I assumed it was still a problem with the colour cartirdidge. I
> have finally now replaced the colour cartirdge, but it still won't print
an
> all black document.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> ---

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

---

WasTa

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pull off the tape covering the print nozzles? "Carol" <googlemail2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@posting.google.com... > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. Start by disconnecting the computer and doing a simple diagnostic print as shown at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1017E If this prints a simple nozzle pattern of black, cyan, magenta and yellow then the problem may lie with your driver. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging googlemail2003@yahoo.com (Carol) wrote in message news:<36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

HP c5180 won't print in black?
Got the C5180 from a relative because it didn't work. I tried a new black ink tank, it doesn't print anything in black. Color print looks weak and washed out without black for shadow, and black only print comes out almost blank, just a few tiny black dots like I have an empty ink tank installed. I figured something is interrupting the flow of ink from the tank to the printer head as the tank are mounted stationary on the front. Is there any instruction I can use to take apart the 5180 (or any 5100 series) so I can check the connections? ...

HP 5150 Won't Print Black!
Hello! I have an HP 5150 inkjet, and it really worked nicely for the first few months. I don't use it much, though, and now it doesn't print black very often anymore. It will print the black better on the first sheet after resting for a month or so, but after that the black printing gets streaky and sometimes goes out altogether. (There are some minor streaks in the other colors too.) I've cleaned that black cartridge several times, both with the printer's own function and by hand, with rubbing alcohol. It is definitely not dried up. And I've even replaced the bla...

HP 970cxi won't print black!
Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should be black. I'm not sure what to do next. I could try a new cartridge, but this one is pretty full, and I don't want to waste it! Thanks for suggestions. Run a clean cycle or better still dab the print head on a tissue to see if there really is any ink left "John" <john@john.net> wrote in message news:bv4m1051i2rcv0mc0c8o5vnqtnbudl0krk@4ax.com... > Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP > Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't > get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should > be black. > > I'm not sure what to do next. I could try a new cartridge, but this > one is pretty full, and I don't want to waste it! > > Thanks for suggestions. [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <bv4m1051i2rcv0mc0c8o5vnqtnbudl0krk@4ax.com>, john@john.net says... > Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP > Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't > get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should > be black. > > I'm ...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

HP PSC 1510 Won't Print Black & White Photos
I've tried with photo paper, both glossy and matte, and plain paper but the photo pages which are in black and white come out with a reddish cast. Any idea what the problem could be? The ink levels are good and the settings are correct for black and white printing. I've run the clean print cartridge option but it didn't help. Please help. Pat ...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So why?
Windows XP Home SP2 I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don't seem to be installed anymore. The printers are Lexmark 640 series Lexmark 2400 series They pretty much worked until just now. In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else. When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn't running. When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won'...

HP C5280 can't print photos properly, HP can't fix, any suggestions?
Several months ago, I bought an HP C5280 All-In-One. I already have a good laser printer, so the only reason why I bought the C5280 was to be able to print high-quality photo prints. The C5280 has been unable to do that since the day I bought it. HP has sent me two replacement printers and five replacement photo cartridges. While the quality varies from cartridge to cartridge, it doesn't vary from printer to printer, and none of the catridges or printers produce prints of acceptable quality (in particular, printers which don't have stripes on them from jets in the cart...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Black won't print
Hi all. I've a problem on my Epson Stylus Photo 830. It won't print black. Well, it will, but I'm talking just barely. I've tried numerous head cleans. I heard the head cleaning cycle runs from low, medium, high and then you need to print something to reset it. Anyway, I've done about 20. I've just up half a colour cartridge doing head cleaning. I've tried a new cartridge, no change. I've taken the cartridge out and (while covering the output) kinda shook it like you would a ketchup bottle. But still it barley prints out. How can I fix this without buying a new printer. Thanks..... Johnny8977 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk: > Hi all. > > I've a problem on my Epson Stylus Photo 830. It won't print black. > Well, it will, but I'm talking just barely. I've tried numerous head > cleans. I heard the head cleaning cycle runs from low, medium, high > and then you need to print something to reset it. Anyway, I've done > about 20. I've just up half a colour cartridge doing head cleaning. > I've tried a new cartridge, no change. I've taken the cartridge out > and (while covering the output) kinda shook it like you would a > ketchup bottle. But still it barley prints out. > > How can I fix this without buying a new printer. > > Thanks..... > > > Call the manufacturer, you stupid bucket of infested rat bo...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

HP 5510 won't print.....??
Hello All, I just hooked up an HP 5510 officejet printer to my iBook which is running 9.1. Whenever I try to print something it defaults to the fax machine. Any ideas? tia, mike ...

HP 697c won't print
Hello Everyone. I have an HP 697c that has the same problem on two different computers (Micron & Dell), two different O/S's (Win98SE & XP) and two different parallel cables. Printer installs fine on both systems. Printer powers on and gets green power light. I send printer a doc from DOS, WP or Word and here's what happens. Paper feeds in to TOF and print head moves to the left. I then get a rapid flashing Resume light. I press the Resume button but paper does not advance. I then press and hold the Resume button the Resume light goes solid but paper still does not advance. I g...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Web resources about - HP 930C won't print in black - comp.periphs.printers