HP 932c Printer out of ink, Can I still refill it?

My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of
weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the post I
read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you
only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up.
Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to
unclog it or the reverse?

0
lbbs

"lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote in message
> My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple
of
> weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the
post I
> read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge,
you
> only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries
up.
> Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try
> unclog it or the reverse?

As long as you have not been trying to print. as that causes excessive
heat to burn the print head then it should be ok. When not in use the
carts are parked up with the heads covered to stop them drying up.

0
Trev
12/15/2003 3:14:44 PM
I have tried to print with it empty.    Also, I had the color cartridge out
of the printer for a couple of days in a sealed zip-lock bag.

"Trev" <trevbowden@claranet.uk.invalid> wrote in message

> "lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote in message
> > My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple
> of
> > weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the
> post I
> > read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge,
> you
> > only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries
> up.
> > Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try
> > unclog it or the reverse?
>
> As long as you have not been trying to print. as that causes excessive
> heat to burn the print head then it should be ok. When not in use the
> carts are parked up with the heads covered to stop them drying up.

0
lbbs
12/15/2003 3:31:17 PM
I wouldn't waste the ink. I refilled those and it can be difficult
even if you don't run them out of ink.

"lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote in message
> My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a
couple of
> weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the
post I
> read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge,
you
> only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head
dries up.
> Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then
try to
> unclog it or the reverse?

0
BF
12/15/2003 4:28:50 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:28:15 -0500, "lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote:

>My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of
>weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the post I
>read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you
>only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up.
>Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to
>unclog it or the reverse?

 Sure you can refill it.  It may then be necessary to run it thru a
couple of cleaning cycles, but it should be fine if it didn't burn up
when running dry.

 And don't fill it all the the way up.  Only put a 1/4 charge in it
and see if it will come back to life.  Then refill it to the top.

PJ

0
PJx
12/15/2003 8:10:46 PM
>My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of
>weeks.   Would it be a waste to try to refill it now.    Some of the post I
>read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you
>only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up.
>Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to
>unclog it or the reverse?

I once bought a Dj500 cartridge producing white stripes right out of the box,so
i instantly removed it.Interesting:i had it lying on the table for several
days,and the ink nozzles didn�t dry.
0
themroc

Printer Ink

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs @dadffo.ca> says... > --------------------------------------------------- > >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in > >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my > >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of > >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. > > I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software > and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show > any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to wo...

What New Printers Have Cartridges I can Still Refill ?
I refilled the cartridges on my Canon Pixma 4200. It has all but locked up and takes forever to print. Surfing the web, I discover that this is a deliberate ploy to force Canon owners to buy their expensive cartridges. I am not falling for this and the printer is going in the trash tomorrow. Are there any brands currently out there that still have refillable cartridges? hhhmayo@aol.com wrote: > I refilled the cartridges on my Canon Pixma 4200. It has all but > locked up and takes forever to print. Surfing the web, I discover that > this is a deliberate ploy to fo...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Problem with Ink Refill for HP 2110 MFD Printer
I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great that day. Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error message: check the ink cartridge and the printer would not print. any suggestions? Mike I used the software clean the print head routine, removed replaced cartridge but same error message. Mike "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NNA3e.4130$pU5.2327@trnddc06... >I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great >that day. > Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error > message: check the ink cartridge > and the printer would not print. > > any suggestions? > > Mike > > > > Assuming that the cartridge is not damaged or improperly filled (PSC machines can detect high temps on firing resistors which indicate a low ink condition, In your case it may be a small pocket of air trapped in the nozzle area) You can try to force a Resistor ID reset: http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/technotes/tsg01.htm Thanks for the useful link but I got rid of the psc 2110 and bought a psc 2355. I concerned about the 2355 because the in cartdriges appear small than the ones in the psc 2110. Mike "WeInk_TechSupport" <inksupport@weink.com> wrote in message news:1112499070.572628.175400@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Assuming that the car...

Black ink Printer/Copier with no chip that can be refilled??
I'm looking for a new jet printer copier that only uses only Black ink, that does not have a chip that forces cartridge change and that I can inject ink into? Know of any new model like this? Thanks for any info. "jc" <wildman@noclient.net> wrote in message news:9639d2a6-d840-46c1-8f12-0288b1d803ef@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking for a new jet printer copier that only uses only Black > ink, that does not have a chip that forces cartridge change and that I > can inject ink into? > > Know of any new model like this? Nowa...

Ink levels in hp printer 5650 refilled 56 cartriges
I have the hp inkjet 5650 printer. The black cartridge is a hp 56. I have refilled it according to the refill manufacturer's instructions, including removing the top label over the fill holes. The printer and cartridge work fine, but the printer assistant from hp tells me the cartridge is not inserted correctly or that I need a new cartridge. Also the ink level in the cartridge which has been just refilled is almost empty, which it is not.How do I get the printer assistant to reflect the correct ink level, and why the other message if it is not a shill to buy a new hp 56 cart...

Can I use Lexmark ink in a HP C4280 Photosmart printer?
I just bought an HP C4280 and I plan to re-fill the cartridges when they get low. I have a refill kit that I bought for a Lexmark X125 which works great in the Lexmark. I would like to know if this ink will work in the HP printer or could it damage the printer? thanks, G.M. Durrence (To reply remove -nospam) ...

Where can I buy printer cartidges that I can refill?
Hi, I have a HP Deskjet printer 3915. My black color HP (no. 21) cartridge is empty. Staples told me today that they do not sell cartridges that can be refilled. Is here anybody who knows what company sells cartidges that fit in my printer that I later can refill? Thanks, Ette "Friendly person" <ettebab@myway.com> wrote > I have a HP Deskjet printer 3915. My black color HP (no. 21) cartridge > is empty. .... > Is here anybody who knows what company sells cartidges that fit in my > printer that I later can refill? No. HP, Dell, and Epson in...

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer
What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer is going to go into this thread. I broke a lot, spilled a lot, cursed a lot, and tried a lot ..... and I just want you to benefit from what I learned so I'll try to put it in this thread. Please feel free to interject what you've learned. The hope is that this thread helps anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer who wishes to refill seemingly expired ink tanks and resurrect seemingly dead printheads. I'll post pictures and describe the process and reference URLs on the Internet in subsequent po...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit- ( ) ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Laser printer refills for Samsung printers
I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer cartridge (2510- model cartridge). Could you give me some locations on where that can be done? Clifton N. Juan I think you could refill any place in Iraq CJ wrote: > I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer > cartridge (2510- model cartridge). > Could you give me some locations on where that can be done? > > > > Clifton N. Juan > > CJ <clifjuan99@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer >cartridge (2510...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Which printers can be refilled ?
Is there a website showing me which printers can be re-filled with a syringe and bought ink ?. I was particularly looking for an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner on which i can re-fill using bottles of ink and a syringe (no chipping !) Cheers Andy Andy100 wrote: > Is there a website showing me which printers can be re-filled with a > syringe and bought ink ?. I was particularly looking for an all-in-one > printer/copier/scanner on which i can re-fill using bottles of ink > and a syringe (no chipping !) > > Cheers > Andy most if not all can, but some easier, some difficult. The easiest to refill are definitely Canon printers. It's two part cart is excellent, because it has separately sponge and ink reservoir, so when it's empty you just fill the reservoir and you're done. Whole procedure takes about 1 minute tops... Thank you, yes i already have a Canon S200SPx, it's a pretty good printer, and i fill it from the nozzle ends (so no drilling necessary). However, it's not brilliant at printing onto photo paper. So, do you recommend any of the Canon 'all-in'one' printers, even the ones which have 6 or so separate ink tanks (for photo printing, i think) ? Cheers Andy "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message news:psMTd.9562$F6.1852470@news.siol.net... > Andy100 wrote: > > Is there a website showing me which printers can be re-filled with a...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

refill Dell-Printer and how to reset the printer-status
I refilled ink in my Dell 922-All-in-one-printer. the output is perfect, but the printer-driver is permanently saying the ink is finished. How can I reset this status and tell the driver the ink-cartridge is full ? The guy from the refill-center said to me Dell-printers are original Lexmark-printers and if you change the ink-cartridge in a lexmrk-printer the driver is asking you, ist the cartridge new/full or not. If you answer with yes the message not longer is coming up. But this feature I am missing in the dell-driver-software. Any ideas ? Georg ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP 932C Printer Noise
I picked up a couple of HP 932C deskjet printers on ebay in fairly good condition. However, both of them make a kind of "clanging" noise when first pulling the paper through and also when pushing the finished paper out. It sounds like some kind of mechanical part swinging back into place...with a mild "twang". Is there something I can adjust to quiet this noise? Thanks! Scott Scott wrote: > I picked up a couple of HP 932C deskjet printers on ebay in fairly good > condition. However, both of them make a kind of "clanging" noise when > fir...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

Web resources about - HP 932c Printer out of ink, Can I still refill it? - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...