hp and other printer cartridges

Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
empty before refilling, however this does not always work.

Charles V. Rennaker

0
Charles

Charles V. Rennaker wrote:

>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
>printer after refilling the cartridge?

HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL.

>The assumption in the past is to be
>sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
>empty before refilling, however this does not always work.
>
>Charles V. Rennaker

0
measekite
11/21/2005 8:39:20 AM
"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in

> Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge
> to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the
> past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till
> the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always
> work.
>
> Charles V. Rennaker

The thing to know is they tend to estimate the ink used, not actually
sense a low ink condition, or linearly measure the ink quantity in the
tank.

With that, AFAIK HP and Lexmark carts are chipped with a serial number,
which can be tricked (at least on some HP models), by taping contacts,
or circulating different carts.

Chipped Epsons seem to have a serial number, and store the spent quantiy
on the chip, and may have a low-ink sensor.

Chipped Canons are new, and nothing has been published about them, but
they can continue to work with a "spent" chip, but have no ink
monitoring.
They have an optical low ink sensor that will work with a "good" chip.

Most lasers have some sort of chip, either one that keeps count, or one
that is simply a fuse that blows when it figiures it has been emptied.
0
Gary
11/21/2005 6:08:29 PM

Gary Tait wrote:

>"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in
>

>>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge
>>to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the
>>past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till
>>the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always
>>work.
>>
>>Charles V. Rennaker
>>

>The thing to know is they tend to estimate the ink used, not actually
>sense a low ink condition, or linearly measure the ink quantity in the
>tank.
>
>With that, AFAIK HP and Lexmark carts are chipped with a serial number,
>which can be tricked (at least on some HP models), by taping contacts,
>or circulating different carts.
>
>Chipped Epsons seem to have a serial number, and store the spent quantiy
>on the chip, and may have a low-ink sensor.
>
>Chipped Canons are new, and nothing has been published about them, but
>they can continue to work with a "spent" chip, but have no ink
>monitoring.

THEN JUST PRINT UNTIL THE PRINTHEAD IS BURNED AND SEE WHAT YOU SAVE

>They have an optical low ink sensor that will work with a "good" chip.
>
>Most lasers have some sort of chip, either one that keeps count, or one
>that is simply a fuse that blows when it figiures it has been emptied.

0
measekite
11/21/2005 9:52:06 PM
"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
> printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
> sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
> empty before refilling, however this does not always work.

Which printer?  It makes a difference.

- Bob Headrick

0
Bob
11/22/2005 4:18:21 AM
> then just print until the printhead is burned and see what you save

If talking canon, my canon.

Kit from inksupply.com... $60 Used it up long since
Equilivent OEM ink form costco $160 or so
Printhead from an online retailer $60

Amount saved thus far $100
If I had to buy a printhead... $40 (which I don't)

----
Putting things in simple terms that even Measkite can't deny...
priceless.

For anyone with reason can see if I had to buy a printhead today... it
would still cost less.  But odds are I won't have to buy a printhead
until it burns out.  For anyone with a working brain.. this is hundrads
of dollars.

0
zakezuke
11/22/2005 4:21:20 AM
AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HP WHICH YOU ARE YOU ARE DOING THE STOCKHOLDERS A
DISERVICE IF YOU PROVIDE ADVICE THAT PROMOTES THE REFILLING OF
CARTRIDGES THAT HP HAS A POLICY OF NOT SUPPORTING.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

Bob Headrick wrote:

>"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
>>printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
>>sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
>>empty before refilling, however this does not always work.
>>

>Which printer?  It makes a difference.
>
>- Bob Headrick

0
measekite
11/22/2005 5:33:15 AM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HP WHICH YOU ARE

Do us a favour and catch up - Bob has retired and he posted that information
here.

 >YOU ARE DOING THE STOCKHOLDERS A
>DISERVICE IF YOU PROVIDE ADVICE THAT PROMOTES THE REFILLING OF
>CARTRIDGES THAT HP HAS A POLICY OF NOT SUPPORTING.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

I'm not at all surprised that you do not understand, nor is anybody else who
reads your posts.

You do Bob and the rest of us a disservice by not understanding that Bob
carefully provides a balanced and knowledgeable point of view here. Try it you
might like it!
Tony

>Bob Headrick wrote:
>
>>"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
>>>printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
>>>sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
>>>empty before refilling, however this does not always work.
>>>

>>Which printer?  It makes a difference.
>>
>>- Bob Headrick

0
Tony
11/22/2005 5:50:14 AM
Tony wrote:
> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>
>>AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HP WHICH YOU ARE
>

> Do us a favour and catch up - Bob has retired and he posted that information
> here.
>
>  >YOU ARE DOING THE STOCKHOLDERS A
>
>>DISERVICE IF YOU PROVIDE ADVICE THAT PROMOTES THE REFILLING OF
>>CARTRIDGES THAT HP HAS A POLICY OF NOT SUPPORTING.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS
>

> I'm not at all surprised that you do not understand, nor is anybody else who
> reads your posts.
>
> You do Bob and the rest of us a disservice by not understanding that Bob
> carefully provides a balanced and knowledgeable point of view here. Try it you
> might like it!
> Tony
>

>>Bob Headrick wrote:
>>

>>>"Charles V. Rennaker" <73-cvr@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>Which printer?  It makes a difference.
>>>
>>>- Bob Headrick

Meashershithead is brain dead.
Frank
0
fb
11/22/2005 6:23:57 AM
Here is a link that will not only show you how to defeat that message
but show you how to refill it!

http://www.vamex.com/illustrated_instructions.htm

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:10:11 -0700, "Charles V. Rennaker"
<73-cvr@cox.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
>printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
>sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
>empty before refilling, however this does not always work.
>
>Charles V. Rennaker

0
Sammy
12/2/2005 5:50:22 PM

Sammy Smith wrote:

>Here is a link that will not only show you how to defeat that message
>but show you how to refill it!

HAPPY CARPETS

>http://www.vamex.com/illustrated_instructions.htm
>

>On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:10:11 -0700, "Charles V. Rennaker"
><73-cvr@cox.net> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its
>>printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be
>>sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is
>>empty before refilling, however this does not always work.
>>
>>Charles V. Rennaker

0
measekite

Printer Ink

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

HP 5552 Printer cartridges
Does anyone know why I cannot fill up the HP 56 and 57 cartridges. I can get ink in, but the machine just says the cartridge has failed and it must be replaced. I don't think filling as such can cause this error message. It's probably a dirty contact or you've been taping over (wrong?) contacts to get the ink status back to 100% and the poor printer's brain is confused. Take the cartridges out, paper out, USB cable out and unplug from the wall power socket for 10 minutes, put the paper and cartridges back in and power up. If you're getting flashing LEDs t...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how man...

FA Genuine HP printer cartridges
Hello All The following HP ink cartridges are up for auction on e.bay, these are not compatibles they are genuine HP products :- 2 x HP 49 Tricolour cartridges (51649A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-49-51649A-colour-cartridges_W0QQitemZ6875020976QQcategoryZ51319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 1 x HP 25 Tricolour cartridge (51625A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-Genuine-HP-25-51625A-Tricolour-Ink-Cartridge_W0QQitemZ6875022024QQcategoryZ51318QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 2 x HP Black cartridges (51626A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-51626A-Black-cart...

HP Printers Question re cartridges
MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost. What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap). This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge and plug in a new one. This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me. I am consi...

HP 51626A printer cartridges
Hi, I've got a pair of HP 51626A printer cartridges which seem to have a few blocked jets. I've managed to unblock most of them by dipping the cartridge into water for a few seconds, but there are still maybe five or six inkjets that are still blocked. Does anyone know of a trick to unblock these cartridges? My Olivetti JP360 doesn't seem to have a "clean printhead" or "nozzle test" function Thanks. -- Phil. | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB, philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62), htt...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how ma...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs, (Web pages, spreadsheet, documents, photos), spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Comp...

Web resources about - hp and other printer cartridges - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...