HP cartridge with 2001 expiration date -- still ok?

There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
applies to the 45A cartridge.

Bill
0
Bill

If it's stiill sealed in the factory box, it should be fine. Everytime
they send me a replacement 45A cartridge through our hardware support
unit in work for the K80on my desk,  they're atleast as old as 2001.
I've yet to get one that wasn't expired and they always work just
fine.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear our supplies buyers only buy
expired cartridges and thus get them real cheap.

TL

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:06:45 GMT, Bill Rubin <billrubin@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
>turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
>odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
>cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
>applies to the 45A cartridge.
>
>Bill

0
TL
1/25/2004 9:18:30 AM
There are two cases:
1.. be an original outdated cartridge. In this case it will work fine.
2.. be a counterfeit (not original) cartridge. They are bad remanufactured
cartridges from China.

I suspect counterfeit, because 45 is a wide spread cartridge, and it's sold
in high quantities, someone to find an outdated (at least two years old)
one. Try it with cautiousness. To distinguish a counterfeit, observe the
electric contacts if they have marks from the previous using, see this
picture [ yianni.hypermart.net/temp/HP_UsedContacts.jpg ] -you may have to
add http:// before-.

--
Yianni
in9@mailbox.gr   (remove number nine to reply)

--
"TL" <tl@snip.net> wrote in message

> If it's stiill sealed in the factory box, it should be fine. Everytime
> they send me a replacement 45A cartridge through our hardware support
> unit in work for the K80on my desk,  they're atleast as old as 2001.
> I've yet to get one that wasn't expired and they always work just
> fine.
>
> If I didn't know better, I'd swear our supplies buyers only buy
> expired cartridges and thus get them real cheap.
>
> TL
>

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:06:45 GMT, Bill Rubin <billrubin@prodigy.net>
> wrote:
>
> >There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
> >turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
> >odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
> >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
> >cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
> >applies to the 45A cartridge.
> >
> >Bill

0
Yianni
1/25/2004 12:35:38 PM
"Yianni" <in9@mailbox.gr> wrote:

> There are two cases:
> 1.. be an original outdated cartridge. In this case it will work fine.
> 2.. be a counterfeit (not original) cartridge. They are bad =
remanufactured
> cartridges from China.

	Do they really ship the emptied cartridge to China to be remanufactured?
Also, China makes many original parts or the whole thing why the =
cartridges
are bad but not others?

	Or are you just making thing up to say?  just wondering!

> I suspect counterfeit, because 45 is a wide spread cartridge, and it's =
sold
> in high quantities, someone to find an outdated (at least two years =
old)
> one. Try it with cautiousness. To distinguish a counterfeit, observe =
the
> electric contacts if they have marks from the previous using, see this
> picture [ yianni.hypermart.net/temp/HP_UsedContacts.jpg ] -you may have=
> add http:// before-.

	Hmmm you have web page about this too?
0
Joel
1/25/2004 6:59:59 PM
> Do they really ship the emptied cartridge to China to be remanufactured?

There is no need to send each empty cartridge to China!  There are lot of
empties which are sold for that reason, for remanufacturing, as it is done
everywhere else.

Also, China makes many original parts or the whole thing why the cartridges
are bad but not others?

I didn't compare the quality of cartridges and other things. I said that
there are counterfeits, that means remanufactured cartridges that are sold
in "original" package as originals. And of course you pay them as much as
the original or a little bit less.

> Or are you just making thing up to say?  just wondering!
> Hmmm you have web page about this too?

And I don't a dedicated web page about this, as you can see there are few
pictures in the temp(orary) folder...

0
Yianni

Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges
I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? rusure wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote: > rusure wrote: > > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. I don't think Canon cartridges have anything to do with Commodore Business Machines. ;-) -Andrew ___ / __|__ Cottonwood BBS / / |_/ telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com \ \__|_\ Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games! \___| http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs On Aug 6, 6:32 pm, rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? Try this, to make sure it's OK still. 1. Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge. 2. Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the print head for only a few seconds 3. If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a...

HP CP1700 printer has expired cartridges. Any way to hack this?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. ...

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
Q: What is the significance of the date printed on the HP ink PACKAGE? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 > Relevant Hewlett Packard ink cartridge dates are: > - The date HP manufactured the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge package consumer cardboard box > - The date HP printer cartridges are installed in the printer > - The date HP first stops printing (due to false "low ink" messages) > - The date HP usually stops printing (due to false "expiration" messages) > - The date HP actually stops printing (due to true expiration messages) Since we now know full well HP inserts up to three false expiration dates before the final (true) expiration date, I ask this question: Q: What is the MEANING of this date printed on the HP package box? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 Note 1: Box-print-date is NOT the date the cardboard box was actually printed (as a quick look at packages on the store shelves shows most, if not all, to be in the future). Note 2: Box-print-date also can not be the Cartridge_print_date as the date printed on the HP ink cartridge is easily proven to be different simply by opening a box. Given that actual re-fill tests proved (in ascending order): a) derived_true_manufacture_date = 2001/12/10 (cartridge printed date - 2.5 years) b) date_cartridge_was_purchased === 2002/01/12 (date cartridge was purch...

HP #10 ink cartridges expiration date unknown???
I bought 3 #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well, I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked with a manager at Staples who is familiar with these cartridges and he never heard of this situation. I know HP has taken a lot of heat for their expiration dates so I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is their attempt to allow the cartridges to run until they actually are out of ink, but in doing so ink levels are incorrect. Another possibilty is the cartridges went thru some sort of electronic security detection in transit to the store and now the chip is messed up. Is this possible? Could sloppy handling (clerk drops a whole case of cartridges) on the floor and causes a problem with the ink levels and expiration date? Like I said earlier, all three cartridges are showing the same symptoms. Printing is fine so far, but I'm dumbfounded. TIA for help with this dilemma mark_ "mark_digital" <XXX-RIR@comcast.com> wrote in message news:QZed...

Resetting expiration date HP CP1160 print cartridge (#14)
Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it is. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, John The expiry date is burned in to a microchip that is part of the uPC that is inside of the cartridge. This chip was programmed at the time of manufacture. It is not something you can change. This is unfortunate that someone cannot keep these cartridges in storage. They did this to prevent refilling. I was told that they discontinued this procedure for the newer printers, because they were loosing a lot of sales because of this practice. -- Jerry G. ===== "jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message news:10dhm8rrg3r2909@corp.supernews.com... Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it is. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, John These cartridges can be refilled but you have to replace the chip or reset it. Pete "jbclem1" <jbclem1@charter.net> wrote in message news:10dhm8rrg3r2909@corp.supernews.com... > Anyone know a way to reset or disable the expiration date in the HP # 14 inkjet > cartridge (HP CP1160 printer). Mine isn't old enough to be expired but just the same it > is. Any information would be helpful. &...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates
I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates. The printers stop working once the date is up. Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away the printer for about six months. If I had known it works like this, I would never get this one in the beginning. Hey HP, Very smart way of making money. But I'm buying generic ink cartridges instead of yours. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:09:46 -0400, Estella <Estella@fixup.com> wrote: >I'm learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration >dates. The printer...

HP Printer Ink Expiration & Warranty Date Secret Decoder Ring
As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer ink relevant dates. Note that most people throw away the ink cartridge upon the first (false) expiration date. Only those who read the google record know that first end-of-service date can be overcome, giving the user an additional year or two of useful service. I post this by way of peer review so that the experts can correct where I make any mistake. 1. Manufacture date = date printed on ink cartridge minus 30 months 2. Installation date = hand written on ink cartridge when first installed 3. Install-by date = manuf...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP 5552 Printer cartridges
Does anyone know why I cannot fill up the HP 56 and 57 cartridges. I can get ink in, but the machine just says the cartridge has failed and it must be replaced. I don't think filling as such can cause this error message. It's probably a dirty contact or you've been taping over (wrong?) contacts to get the ink status back to 100% and the poor printer's brain is confused. Take the cartridges out, paper out, USB cable out and unplug from the wall power socket for 10 minutes, put the paper and cartridges back in and power up. If you're getting flashing LEDs there's also a lot of info about fixing problems at ......... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=71896&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09630 ...

Does HP 27 Cartridge Expire ?
I have a HP 1315 which uses a Hp 27 cartridge. The printer is seldom used. Recently, I would get error messages about cartridge replacement. I know the cartridge is old (it was old when I got it-new) but again it is not used very often. I looked at the cartridge and it has a date on the front "2006/09/13" with some other numbers. Again I am fairly certain that the cartridge still has ink. I did buy a new cartridge and the printer is working. Does the printer check for cartridge for expiration dates????? and is this a common thing ??. "L" <lc@xxxj...

Date, date date date....
Date is driving me crazy. I simply need to calculate the age of a person: this is what doesn't work: public int getAge(Person person) { long d = new java.util.Date().getTime(); long m =person.dateOfBirth().getTime(); long l=d-m; SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("yy"); return (new Integer(formatter.format(age))).intValue(); } I'm getting 91 for a person who's born in 1983 Since getYear() is depreciated I don't like to use that I found that Calender could do the job, but how do I cast Date into Calender in an easy way? hin...

Printer Ink

HP CP1700 expired cartridges. How to hack?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 03:28:52 GMT, "gsmollin" <gsmollin2@netscape.net> wrote: >My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and >yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing >great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" >tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. > >Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the >cartridge? > >Thanks. > Well, you could try backdating the date on your PC. That used to work. Paul@manuals4you.com I'm not an expert on HP refilling, but check out this webpage and see if it helps: http://www.alotofthings.com/support_for_refillers.html Good luck! ...

HP 51626A printer cartridges
Hi, I've got a pair of HP 51626A printer cartridges which seem to have a few blocked jets. I've managed to unblock most of them by dipping the cartridge into water for a few seconds, but there are still maybe five or six inkjets that are still blocked. Does anyone know of a trick to unblock these cartridges? My Olivetti JP360 doesn't seem to have a "clean printhead" or "nozzle test" function Thanks. -- Phil. | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB, philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62), htt...

FA Genuine HP printer cartridges
Hello All The following HP ink cartridges are up for auction on e.bay, these are not compatibles they are genuine HP products :- 2 x HP 49 Tricolour cartridges (51649A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-49-51649A-colour-cartridges_W0QQitemZ6875020976QQcategoryZ51319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 1 x HP 25 Tricolour cartridge (51625A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-Genuine-HP-25-51625A-Tricolour-Ink-Cartridge_W0QQitemZ6875022024QQcategoryZ51318QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 2 x HP Black cartridges (51626A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-51626A-Black-cart...

HP Ink in Epson Printer...OK??
Hi All, I have a supply of large capacity (350 ml) HP ink carts from a wide format printer that my company no longer has. The carts are out of date but have never been opened. I am thinking of building a CFS system for my new Epson R300 and I wonder if the ink from the HP carts (dye based) can be used in the Epson printer. Epson inks are dye based also so I have a feeling this will work. If my idea is correct all I will need to find is a set of always full chips for my Epson carts and the time and patience to try building the continuous flow system. Anyone have any thoughts on this??? "Flyboy" <Flyboy@airport.com> wrote in message news:101020041936084245%Flyboy@airport.com... > Hi All, > I have a supply of large capacity (350 ml) HP ink carts from a wide > format printer that my company no longer has. The carts are out of date > but have never been opened. I am thinking of building a CFS system for > my new Epson R300 and I wonder if the ink from the HP carts (dye based) > can be used in the Epson printer. Epson inks are dye based also so I > have a feeling this will work. If my idea is correct all I will need to > find is a set of always full chips for my Epson carts and the time and > patience to try building the continuous flow system. > Anyone have any thoughts on this??? A few things to watch out for: 1. If the ink is beyond its expiration date it may have become thicker than norma...

HP Printers Question re cartridges
MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost. What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap). This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge and plug in a new one. This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me. I am consi...

Expired cartridge for HP 2280
I have found the solution for the problem on the Internet, so if it's widely known just disregard this message. From Google cache: http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:xqrE6BIed7MJ:www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/26847+hp+cartridge+expired+2280&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< For all who have tried the suggestions on this forum and have failed. I have a Business Inkjet from HP model 2280 (should be same with the 2230). Message came up - cartridge expired. Sure enough - was more ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP 820CXi printer
When I try to clean the cartridges using the HP820 Toolbox cleaning utility, it causes the printer to crash (all 3 lights flashing). The sequence of events is; 1. Click Clean Print Cartridges 2. Click Clean 3. Utility starts up, then stops responding causing printer failure indicated by all 3 lights flashing. 4. I press the Power button and the utility resumes, but I don't know whether it actually goes through with the cleaning process. 5. The utility offers the choice of an Intermediate clean, which I accept. 6. Utility indicates Printer Error and states that the ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Web resources about - HP cartridge with 2001 expiration date -- still ok? - comp.periphs.printers

Expiration (options) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance, the expiration date of an option contract is the last date on which the holder of the option may exercise it according to its terms. ...

Facebook Sends Notifications To Users With Claimed Offers That Are Near Expiration
The tweaks to Facebook offers continue, with some users seeing notifications alerting them that offers they have claimed will expire soon. continued… ...

Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

netflix expiration - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore catastrophegirl's photos on Flickr. catastrophegirl has uploaded 7090 photos to Flickr.

Expiration Date - YouTube
Engineer and Medic make an unsettling new discovery while experimenting with the teleporter. Meanwhile, Scout stops insulting Spy long enough ...

Critics pan Terminator: Genisys in first reviews as 'past its expiration date'
Terminator fans have had high hopes for the latest, fifth instalment in the science-fiction franchise. But now the early reviews of T5 are flowing ...

A good time to go: Baird leaves before election expiration
Baird did what a lot of his colleagues should do. He called his own retirement play.

Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed
Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed People's Daily Online Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed. ( ...

How key-based cache expiration works
... structures, like the one we’re using for Basecamp Next . Thankfully there’s a better way. A much better way. It’s called key-based cache expiration ...

OnePlus X pricing seemingly leaks as OnePlus 2 invite expiration is extended
OnePlus' next handset has been the subject of many a post in recent days and weeks. Dubbed the OnePlus X, one of the only things we've been unclear ...