HP ColorPro Plotter 7440 -- Windows 2000 OR Windows XP DRIVER

Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an
ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows
XP machine?

Thanks!

0
Scott

Scott.A.Smith@rogers.com wrote:
> Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an
> ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows
> XP machine?

Looking in my Printers installation in Windows 2000, there is an HP
generic plotter driver for HPGL/2 plotters. The 7440 is HPGL/2.

There is also a program called Winline that is a plotter driver for old
plotters, versions for Windows from 95 to XP. Never used it, there are
evaluation versions and the 7440 is listed as supported.

http://www.winline.com/evalpen.html

0
polymorph

XP Driver for an HP 722C Printer
I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for years. Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not allow automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed separately. HP has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed to find a driver that solves this problem? Thanks "Kaog" <noaddress@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:2pfcc.77864$aC1.6240@charlie.risq.qc.ca... > I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for years. > Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP dri...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP 5000 D640 Printer Drivers for XP or Windows2000?
I have a HP 5000 D640 Laser Printer (black/white). I've been using it on XP with a Windows 98 driver and I get artifacts and bad prints from different files. What are other people out there using on XP as a driver for this machine? -charles On 4 Aug 2004 10:31:42 -0700, Charles <spam@loveofcolor.org> wrote: > I have a HP 5000 D640 Laser Printer (black/white). I've been using it > on XP with a Windows 98 driver and I get artifacts and bad prints from > different files. > > What are other people out there using on XP as a driver for this > machine? Have you t...

Help needed , XP driver for hp designjet colorpro GA
hi - my problem is exactly as it says in the title i need informed advice on what driver to use for the HP designjet colorpro GA with windows XPhome [ w/- SP2 ] i dont have the adobe pressreasy disc that apparently comes with the printer " as new" i have tried the HP site and help forum - but scannoing the archives seems to gove contracictory advice TIA YRS - AJ ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Hp Deskjet 660c any NEwer XP or HP drivers ??
HP does not have XP drivers just the drivers that came with XP :( Is it suppossed to oly give 300 dpi when printing colour ?? Photos aint that great :), though it is an old printer 1996 i belive. The only reason iam using it because my Lexmark died :( Thanks. ...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how man...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how ma...

false paper jam alerts cure, no-xp-driver printer on xp
You can get a printer for which there is no xp driver working on an xp computer; then you can end up with (frustrating but ultimately solvable) problems such as false paper jam alerts and message boxes falsely claiming the problem is with the printer timeout settings, when you bring the printer back to a millenium op sys computer it was originally working with I finally got my printer working again on my old HP/millenium op sys computer, after it stopped working on the HP/Millenium after I used it with the other HP computer on the XP op sys (there is no xp driver for the printer in question)...

Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many pictures at one shot. I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh). I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed! ...

HP Printer Drivers
I have just bought a new/used HP Businessjet 2280tn (jetdirect) as I need a networkable printer for my home network (WINXP Pro). The printer (haven't got it yet) does not come with the driver CD but looking at the HP web site for drivers I am totally confused as to which driver(s) I need. The choices are: 1. HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 5 2. HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL6 3. PCL3 driver (full printing system, WHQL certified) for the hp business inkjet 2230/2280/2280tn printers 4. PCL3/PCL5/PostScript driver (full printing system, WHQL certif...

Hp printer driver
Download Hp printer driver http://driver.00bp.com/hpprinterdriver.html ...

Web resources about - HP ColorPro Plotter 7440 -- Windows 2000 OR Windows XP DRIVER - comp.periphs.printers

Philips MSD 250 replacement - Jenbo NSK250 - Best Bulbs Direct
Philips MSD 250 Direct Replacement- is better replacement for msd 250 lamp! .

ColorLok® Technology - The New Standard for Digital Printing - FAQ
Q: What is ColorLok® Program? A: ColorLok Program represents a new, more advanced standard for better office printing. To be able to use the ...

RIPs, print engines, rendering software for commercial printing and workflow
... Management has become the critical success factor for addressing this. From Spot color reproduction through to lifelike images Harlequin ColorPro ...

Support - High End Systems
PRODUCTS Digital Lighting ArenaView Orbital Head Axon Media Server DL.3 DL.3F DLV DML-1200 w/Axon SDI-DMX Mixer Pro Lighting Consoles Hog 4 Full ...

Discussion Forums
Discussion Forums from Iconico, Tools and Services for Graphic Designers and Web Developers

This Is Not a Test: Calibrate Your HDTV
With more consumers owning high-definition TVs where every pixel pops off the screen calibration becomes more important than with the old ...

HP Computer Museum
The museum of HP computers is a collection of HP computing products introduced between 1966 and 1991. The museum contains: calculators, desktop ...

White papers, datasheets and case studies from Global Graphics Software
The Global Graphics web site uses cookies and some may have been set already. Read about managing our cookies . Please click the button to accept ...

Colour management
The Global Graphics web site uses cookies and some may have been set already. Read about managing our cookies . Please click the button to accept ...

Screen Magnifier Software
Easily magnify areas of the screen as you work on your PC with this free tool. Perfect for the visually impared.