HP CP1700 expired cartridges. How to hack?

My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and
yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing
great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer"
tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the
cartridge?

Thanks.

0
gsmollin

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 03:28:52 GMT, "gsmollin" <gsmollin2@netscape.net>
wrote:

>My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and
>yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing
>great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer"
>tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time.
>
>Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the
>cartridge?
>
>Thanks.

Well, you could try backdating the date on your PC. That used to work.

Paul@manuals4you.com

0
MrManuals
7/9/2004 2:47:30 PM
I'm not an expert on HP refilling, but check out this webpage and see if it helps:

http://www.alotofthings.com/support_for_refillers.html

Good luck!
0
morechoices2004

HP CP1700 printer has expired cartridges. Any way to hack this?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. ...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

HP cp1700 cartridge
I have the following message on my printer: Black cartridge missing (in french: Cartouche d'encre noire absente) even if it is installed properly. What can I do to remedy the problem? If it has to be cleaned, how to do it. Thanks ...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

Does HP 27 Cartridge Expire ?
I have a HP 1315 which uses a Hp 27 cartridge. The printer is seldom used. Recently, I would get error messages about cartridge replacement. I know the cartridge is old (it was old when I got it-new) but again it is not used very often. I looked at the cartridge and it has a date on the front "2006/09/13" with some other numbers. Again I am fairly certain that the cartridge still has ink. I did buy a new cartridge and the printer is working. Does the printer check for cartridge for expiration dates????? and is this a common thing ??. "L" <lc@xxxj...

HP 5552 Printer cartridges
Does anyone know why I cannot fill up the HP 56 and 57 cartridges. I can get ink in, but the machine just says the cartridge has failed and it must be replaced. I don't think filling as such can cause this error message. It's probably a dirty contact or you've been taping over (wrong?) contacts to get the ink status back to 100% and the poor printer's brain is confused. Take the cartridges out, paper out, USB cable out and unplug from the wall power socket for 10 minutes, put the paper and cartridges back in and power up. If you're getting flashing LEDs there's also a lot of info about fixing problems at ......... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=71896&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09630 ...

Printer Ink

HP 51626A printer cartridges
Hi, I've got a pair of HP 51626A printer cartridges which seem to have a few blocked jets. I've managed to unblock most of them by dipping the cartridge into water for a few seconds, but there are still maybe five or six inkjets that are still blocked. Does anyone know of a trick to unblock these cartridges? My Olivetti JP360 doesn't seem to have a "clean printhead" or "nozzle test" function Thanks. -- Phil. | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB, philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62), htt...

FA Genuine HP printer cartridges
Hello All The following HP ink cartridges are up for auction on e.bay, these are not compatibles they are genuine HP products :- 2 x HP 49 Tricolour cartridges (51649A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-49-51649A-colour-cartridges_W0QQitemZ6875020976QQcategoryZ51319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 1 x HP 25 Tricolour cartridge (51625A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-Genuine-HP-25-51625A-Tricolour-Ink-Cartridge_W0QQitemZ6875022024QQcategoryZ51318QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 2 x HP Black cartridges (51626A) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Genuine-HP-51626A-Black-cart...

HP Printers Question re cartridges
MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost. What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap). This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge and plug in a new one. This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me. I am consi...

Expired cartridge for HP 2280
I have found the solution for the problem on the Internet, so if it's widely known just disregard this message. From Google cache: http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:xqrE6BIed7MJ:www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/26847+hp+cartridge+expired+2280&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< For all who have tried the suggestions on this forum and have failed. I have a Business Inkjet from HP model 2280 (should be same with the 2230). Message came up - cartridge expired. Sure enough - was more ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

HP 820CXi printer
When I try to clean the cartridges using the HP820 Toolbox cleaning utility, it causes the printer to crash (all 3 lights flashing). The sequence of events is; 1. Click Clean Print Cartridges 2. Click Clean 3. Utility starts up, then stops responding causing printer failure indicated by all 3 lights flashing. 4. I press the Power button and the utility resumes, but I don't know whether it actually goes through with the cleaning process. 5. The utility offers the choice of an Intermediate clean, which I accept. 6. Utility indicates Printer Error and states that the ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

HP #14 cartridge with electronic expiration, how to defeat?
I have an HP CP 1160 printer and the cartridges expire after so many months, whether they are out of ink or not . Since I refill the cartridges and they usually last longer than this electronic expiration, I'd like to find a way to turn if off. I've read suggestions about briefly disconnecting a battery inside the printer but I'm not sure where it is located. Anyone know about this problem? jc ...

HP Laser Cartridges Use Past Expiration
I am considering buying an HP 1020 to replace my defunct NEC laser printer. I do not print much and my last cartridge lasted over six years. I understand that HP inkjet catridges have date chips that prevent the cartridge from working, even if full, once the expiration date for that cartridge has passed. Is that also true of the cartridges for HP laser printers, or am I safe in getting an HP laser printer given that I would expect a cartridge to last for at least several years given my low useage? Any advice is welcome. complexcomm@aol.com wrote: >I am considering buying an HP 1020 to replace my defunct NEC laser >printer. I do not print much and my last cartridge lasted over six >years. > >I understand that HP inkjet catridges have date chips that prevent the >cartridge from working, even if full, once the expiration date for that >cartridge has passed. > >Is that also true of the cartridges for HP laser printers, or am I safe >in getting an HP laser printer given that I would expect a cartridge to >last for at least several years given my low useage? > >Any advice is welcome. It depends on the printer, the Laserjet 1020 does not use a chipped cartridge so there is no problem there, some other models do have chips but I am not sure that the HP chipped cartridges have a built in expiry date rather they have other intentions by chipping them. Toner has a very long life and you should not be too...

Does HP 932c printer have a memory chip on cartridge?
I have been told that the print head has a chip that keeps track of each cartridge, so when you refill it the computer will still think that it is empty. Is that correct? thanks "lbbs" <lbbs @dadffo.ca> wrote in message news:IJyyb.62$tj4.9712@read2.cgocable.net... > I have a hp 932c printer with c6578d cartridge. I heard that you can > refill them even though is sates "for single use only". > My problem is that I used up the color ink until it I ran out. Those that > mean that there is air in the cartridge and can't be refilled? I...

HP 882C Printer Cartridge Light Blinking
The printer cartridge light is blinking on my HP 882C. Right before this happened the printer drew in several pages at once, but managed to spit them all out without my intervention. No other problems. I replaced the black cartridge, even though the little window showed it completely full (all green). I rarely print in color and have not done so in a while. So, I am hestitant to just replace the color cartridge, when I might actually need to purchase a new printer. The carrige moves back and forth normally when the lid is opened, but it simple won't print. I have been printing to this printer dirctly from Win2k and from samba. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. On 25 Jun 2005 19:47:24 -0700, "Claeton" <claeton.giordano@gmail.com> wrote: >The printer cartridge light is blinking on my HP 882C. Right before >this happened the printer drew in several pages at once, but managed to >spit them all out without my intervention. No other problems. I >replaced the black cartridge, even though the little window showed it >completely full (all green). I rarely print in color and have not done >so in a while. So, I am hestitant to just replace the color cartridge, >when I might actually need to purchase a new printer. The carrige >moves back and forth normally when the lid is opened, but it simple >won't print. I have been printing to this printer dirctly from Win2k >and from samba. Any ideas? Thanks...

HP Deskjet 3820 Printer Cartridge Stalls
I recently replaced a #15 black and #78 color cartridge on my HP Deskjet 3820 printer with brand new HP cartridges. Now the printer will not work at all. When the power is turned on the rollers spin in both directions - the cartridges move to the left hand side of the printer and a page ejects and then the cartridges move back to the home position. When I try the local print test page (hold down power and press resume 4 times), the power light just flashes continuously and the cartridges don't move at all. When I try to print a text document, I get a mechanism error / cradle could be l...

Web resources about - HP CP1700 expired cartridges. How to hack? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...