HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled

My Deskjet 3550 won't ever print when it gives a print preview. From
the day I bought it, if there is a print preview it doesn't print, it
just sits there. Anybody seen this before?
0
Psymaster

Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer
I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page 1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in different locations and the best results have come with the code below. But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at all. How can this be??? Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer... PageFooterSection.Visible = False PageFooterSection.Height = 0 End Sub I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in print...

Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection)...
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable adapter. When she tries to print, Vista saves as a XPS file and not send to the printer. I read that XPS is like PDF. It sounds like Vista doesn't have her printer connected ...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pull off the tape covering the print nozzles? "Carol" <googlemail2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@posting.google.com... > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. Start by disconnecting the computer and doing a simple diagnostic print as shown at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1017E If this prints a simple nozzle pattern of black, cyan, magenta and yellow then the problem may lie with your driver. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging googlemail2003@yahoo.com (Carol) wrote in message news:<36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@...

"Print this", or, Printer-friendly function doesn't always print out everything
Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the 'complete' article, you will find that the inset "Tips to minimize mind-wandering" has not been printed out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17690541 <aesthete8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1174525586.134887.103490@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page > to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the...

I can't print with printer hp deskjet 5900 series
I can't print any page with labview , my printer is hp deskjet 5900 series . Labview don't accept my printer name and return error "printer name is invalid" . thank you for your help Do a search in the forum. see <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=243840&amp;query.id=20162#M243840" target="_blank">here</a> also ...

can't print to hp deskjet 855c from red hat 7.2 using dlink 713p print server
I'm a linux newbie trying to get my Red Hat 7.2 pc to print to my hp deskjet 855c using the print server function on the dlink 713p router. I'm able to print successfully if I remove the router and configure the 855c as a local printer. I'm also able to print successfully to the 855c through the router using Win98SE. Can someone tell me *exactly* how to successfully configure this printer using the GNOME printconf gui or some other technique? I assume "jetdirect" is the proper queue type. The ip address of my dlink 713p is 192.168.0.1. Many thanks, Tom "Tom Kopet&...

Print preview won't print
I have a button on quite a complex form (with 3 combo boxes, 1 listbox and 3 continuous subforms, 1 with 2 combo boxes) This has a button which runs DoCmd.OpenReport t "RptPaymentRecord", acViewPreview, , "MemHeadOfHouseID = " & MemHeadOfHouseID No problem The report again has 2 subreports. If I try to print the report I get "A custom macro in the report has failed to run, and is preventing the report from rendering" DoCmd.OpenReport t "RptPaymentRecord", acViewNormal , "MemHeadOfHouseID = " & MemHeadOfHouseID Again no...

Netatalk Printing doesn't Print.
Hi, I'm running RH 7.3 with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. I have been trying to figure out how to get my network printers to print from our Macs (OS 9.2 & OS X). I would like to run it through a print server to log all the print jobs, but I cannot seem to get the Macs to print to this printer. The printer comes up in the chooser without a problem, but when you hit print, it cannot seem to make the connection (i.e. it doesn't print). I have looked all over the web and could not seem to find a working answer to this...maybe comp.os.linux.networking could be of help? Here are my conf...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

HP C5280 can't print photos properly, HP can't fix, any suggestions?
Several months ago, I bought an HP C5280 All-In-One. I already have a good laser printer, so the only reason why I bought the C5280 was to be able to print high-quality photo prints. The C5280 has been unable to do that since the day I bought it. HP has sent me two replacement printers and five replacement photo cartridges. While the quality varies from cartridge to cartridge, it doesn't vary from printer to printer, and none of the catridges or printers produce prints of acceptable quality (in particular, printers which don't have stripes on them from jets in the cart...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

Why print doesn't print anything in the debug mode?
Hi, perl -d -e 1 I run the above command to start perl in the debug mode. Then I try to print a variable. But it doesn't print anything. Should I expect something be printed? Is there anything wrong? DB<4> my $x=10; DB<5> print $x; On 2011-04-29, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > perl -d -e 1 > > I run the above command to start perl in the debug mode. Then I try to > print a variable. But it doesn't print anything. Should I expect > something be printed? Is there anything wrong? > > DB<4> my $x=10; > D...

HP 8250 can't print borderless prints?
I just got the HP 8250 and it has an option to print borderless prints. You press layout, you press it until you get to borderless print and then press ok. I am using 4x6 paper and have tried this in Photoshop. I have made the image size 6x4.2. Nevertheless, it prints with a small border around the picture. What am I doing wrong? Is there some special setting in Photoshop or am I setting the layout for borderless wrong? TIA Louise louise wrote: > I just got the HP 8250 and it has an option to print borderless prints. > You press layout, you press it until ...

Print link that doesn't show the print dialog
I'm trying to create a print link that sends the page to the printer without opening the print dialog box on the browser. I know that window.print() will open the print dialog and then the user has to click OK. is there anything that can do this? Thanks in advance Craig http://www.intelligent-ventures.com ccherlet@gmail.com said the following on 4/7/2006 3:26 PM: > I'm trying to create a print link that sends the page to the printer > without opening the print dialog box on the browser. > > I know that window.print() will open the print dialog and then the user >...

Print job gets to queue, but doesn't print
I've searched high and low for a solution, but I have just had no luckgetting any output. I have a function that reads a text file and sendsthe file to the printer.. however, it never reaches the printer,rather, it just sits and hangs in the printers print queue. (and ofcourse its no simple task to delete that queued print job with thesimple "cancel" option in windows... have to open up cmd and type "netstop spooler", then "net start spooler", then cancel the print job toget it to delete). It acts almost like it doesn't close the printstream when it reache...

why the printer does't print my first requested printing task?
I 'm using web printer to print my result(graphs), I used a loop to run the program 5 times, but whenever I run the program, my first printing request is not carried out by the printer. It seemd that the printer did not respond to my first request. So I have to re-run the program one more time to get that missed "printing". and now it works. I don't know what is the real cause of this. ...

Hi, While working on some python C extensions, I got curious in how things work for printing float objects (and C-level objects which inherit from it). In python 2.6, I understand that the formatting went into surgery for more consistency across platforms. So for example, on windows, complex('inf') would be printed 'inf', and not '1.#INF'. However, I would like some clarifications if possible about the following: a = complex('inf') print a # -> print 'inf' print '%s' % a # -> print 'inf' print '%f' % a # -> print '1...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Printer Calibrates but Doesn't Print
I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without printing anything. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Graham "Graham" <gvincent@look.ca> wrote in message news:O_SdnUQrGuV5HKHcRVn-gg@look.ca... > I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB > Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between > the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I > try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in > the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. > It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without > printing anything. > > I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and > computer. > > Any suggestions would be appreciated! Sure sounds like a driver issue to me. I'd try starting in safe mode. Before you do anything drastic like reinstalling windows tr...

Printer sometimes doesn't print.
I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her printer randomly doesnt print. She has a DELL A920 All In One and running Windows XP Home. Here is what happens: 1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up. Then nothing happens. 2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints. 3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled. 4) This is an Admin account. 5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc. This lead me to believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times...

Graphics Printing Oddity (some displayed stuff doesn't print)
I'm assembling 4 plots into a single (two-part) plot using the following structure: plot1 := Module[{}, DisplayTogether[ Plot[---], Plot[---], Epilog -> Text[---], PlotLabel -> "---"], DisplayFunction->Identity]; plot2 := Module[{}, DisplayTogether[ Plot[---], Plot[---], Epilog -> Text[---], PlotLabel -> "---"]]; DisplayFunction->Identi...

Web resources about - HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled - comp.periphs.printers