HP Laserjet 2100 doesn't print out pic inside of MS Word document?

I have an MS Word 2003 document running under Windows XP that preview
ok with a pic inside of the doc, but when you try to print the doc, it
give a thick black line on the left border of where the pic is suppose
to be. What happened? I tried to change all sorts of settings in
printer preferences and properties, but no success. Thanks.

0
icanluv2

In message <1128477788.828482.11890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
icanluv2@yahoo.com writes
>I have an MS Word 2003 document running under Windows XP that preview
>ok with a pic inside of the doc, but when you try to print the doc, it
>give a thick black line on the left border of where the pic is suppose
>to be. What happened? I tried to change all sorts of settings in
>printer preferences and properties, but no success. Thanks.

I suspect you have probably ticked a box somewhere in word so it doesn't
print the pictures.  Does that version of word allow you to generate pdf
files?  If so you could make a pdf of your word document and try
printing that out.

--
Timothy
0

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

HP Laserjet 1100 doesn't print envelopes any more
I print envelope from Word 2003 on my XP Pro system. Recently after I replaced the ink cartridge, the printer had problem to feed envelopes. I tried Mead, Columbian and other brands envelope. The only one went through is a very thin one from 99 cent store. So I guess the problem has to do with the thickness of the envelope. Since this happened after the ink cartridge was replaced (by someone else). I checked the new ink cartridge out and see some fresh break point on it, suggesting some pieces of plastic tips broke off there. Could that cause the problem? The cartridge slides ...

HP LaserJet 4M won't print PDF documents/files
I'm running Windows 98SE on a system with an AMD K6-2 400MHz, 128MB RAM, and plenty of drive space. My HP LaserJet 4M has 14MB memory, and won't print PDF files/documents. I used to have a Canon BJC-4000 inkjet connected that printed them fine, but the Laserjet won't. I could not find any drivers for this Laserjet on the HP website, and have only the drivers that were with Windows 98SE. I increased a printer timeout setting, but it still won't print PDF files. When I attempt to do so, the usual print box displaying options comes up. I click OK to print, and the p...

HP OfficeJet 4315 all-in-one won't print from MS word
Hi, I bought this printer last April down south and used it briefly to send a fax. I have not attempted to use it till yesterday and found that it would not print or copy, etc, except for web pages. There is plenty of ink in cartridges. It goes through the motion of printing as you hear it work. It pops out blank pages as a finished product from MS word. I have attempted to clean cartridges. I printed a web page but again, it wont print a letter from word. What is the problem and what can I do about it to make it work? Roger Simply put, if it is printing anythin...

Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection)...
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable adapter. When she tries to print, Vista saves as a XPS file and not send to the printer. I read that XPS is like PDF. It sounds like Vista doesn't have her printer connected ...

Photoshop doesn't print to HP Color LaserJet 2550LN from Mac OS 9.1
I get garbage printed when I try to printer from Photoshop to an HP Color LaserJet 2550LN from a PowerMac G4 running 9.1 All other programme print fine. I have another computer, a G3 running 8.6, whcih prints fine from all applications including Photoshop ? Does anyone have ideas ? Thanks, Ludo ...

Help: String search in Windows 2000 doesn't find text in Windows XP: MS Word document
Hi: I am using Perl 5 (I believe both machines are using ActivePERL 5) on two machines with the same data files. One machine is Win 2000 the other is Win XP. The files are MS Word 2000 documents e-mailed (manually) from the Win 2000 machine to the XP machine. The program searches the MS Word Files (both created with MS Word 2000) for the word HYPERLINK. The format for the HYPERLINK that I am searching for in the document is: HYPERLINK "mydoc.doc" (I checked this on the XP machine in Notepad and it is OK.) PROBLEM: The program works on the Windows 2000 machine, but doe...

Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer
I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page 1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in different locations and the best results have come with the code below. But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at all. How can this be??? Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer... PageFooterSection.Visible = False PageFooterSection.Height = 0 End Sub I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in print...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

HP C5280 can't print photos properly, HP can't fix, any suggestions?
Several months ago, I bought an HP C5280 All-In-One. I already have a good laser printer, so the only reason why I bought the C5280 was to be able to print high-quality photo prints. The C5280 has been unable to do that since the day I bought it. HP has sent me two replacement printers and five replacement photo cartridges. While the quality varies from cartridge to cartridge, it doesn't vary from printer to printer, and none of the catridges or printers produce prints of acceptable quality (in particular, printers which don't have stripes on them from jets in the cart...

HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled
My Deskjet 3550 won't ever print when it gives a print preview. From the day I bought it, if there is a print preview it doesn't print, it just sits there. Anybody seen this before? ...

"Print this", or, Printer-friendly function doesn't always print out everything
Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the 'complete' article, you will find that the inset "Tips to minimize mind-wandering" has not been printed out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17690541 <aesthete8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1174525586.134887.103490@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page > to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

Document edited with MS word-2003; MS-word crashes if that document is opened with older MS word versions
There is a word document(*.doc) edited with MS word 2003. Other readers who also have MS word 2003 installed, can open this document without any problems. But, Word crashes if the document is opened with any version older than 2003. What could be the reason for it? I tried to save the document with 'Save as type' as:Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 - RTF(*.doc). This time, MS word did not crash. But, the document also did not open at all. Does anybody have a clue on the solution for this problem? "qazmlp" <qazmlp1209@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bb...

Why doesn't window.document.getElementById('junk') return 'undefined'?
.... when the id 'junk' doesn't exist anywhere in the document, instead of returning 'object'?! I am using Javascript for a drop-down menu, slightly adapted from one by Angus Turnbull (see http://javascript.internet.com and http://gusnz.cjb.net, not that this is probably relevant but it deserves a plug ;-), on Internet Explorer v6.0.2800.1106. I need this feature of getElementById(), or an equivalent one (using sound and standard Javascript), in order to know if an HTML element is defined in the document, and this bug/feature is driving me nuts: Whatever string I supply t...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Printer Calibrates but Doesn't Print
I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without printing anything. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Graha...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

[Printer] HP Laserjet 2100
hi, I have a HP Laserjet 2100 printer controlled and a Windows XP PC. When i want to print 8 pages at one time it stops printing at about page 5. 2 papers are jammed. The documents are just plain text. I tried to clear the nvram by pressing the button "job cancel" at startup but that didn't help. What can i do ? Thanks. hi Steven, turn printer off and back on. print a configuration page by pressing and holding the little button and then fast pressing the big button once. release both buttons now and wait for the self test page to print. look for the page count, how m...

[My HP doesn't like MS]
Hi, I use an HP LASERJET 4000 TN over a network rattached to a domain through an WIN2000 printer server. Since a trouble with PS, I've shutdown the printer and I have killed all jobs to the printer on the WIN 2000 server. SInce this, some problems have appeared with outlook and excel, the printer doesn't print anymore the header and the body of the emails or just prints borders with excel and not the content of the cells. I've done this to try to correct this but without success : - reinstall the driver over WIN 2000 Server - reinstall the drivers ove...

Printer sometimes doesn't print.
I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her printer randomly doesnt print. She has a DELL A920 All In One and running Windows XP Home. Here is what happens: 1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up. Then nothing happens. 2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints. 3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled. 4) This is an Admin account. 5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc. This lead me to believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times...

Word doesn't print
A couple of weeks ago I allowed a co-worker to use my home computer. He said his system wasn't working right - I think I know why now. He had a grey scale logo he wanted to print on some stationery. He used Word, got the logo on screen, moved it around and printed a sample. He thought it was too dark and started futzing with things until he got it much lighter and to his taste. He printed off about 30 copies and did the "Thanks Dude, C-ya" and he was gone. I didn't try to use Word for a couple of days but when I did, it seemed OK until I tried printing and it d...

document.createElement('a') doesn't work?
After noticing some problems with a script, I tried testing various bits in the squarefree javascript shell ( http://www.squarefree.com/shell/shell.html ) and noticed this: var anchor = document.createElement("a"); anchor undefined but: var anchor = document.createElement("p"); anchor [object HTMLParagraphElement] Hmmmm. I tried it on a bunch of other elements, including some that don't exist: var anchor = document.createElement("rant"); anchor [object HTMLUnknownElement] So great. I can create a "rant" tag, but an an...

HP Laserjet won't print to WP10
My HP Laserjet won't print to WP10. It will print to Notepad, etc. However, I still wonder if it is a printer problem, because I've tried all sorts of WP 10 fixes, but to no avail. I'm using Windows XP Home on an HP Pavilion notebook. I've tried re-installing the printer, but that didn't do anything. Your help is appreciated! Yaacov David ...

Web resources about - HP Laserjet 2100 doesn't print out pic inside of MS Word document? - comp.periphs.printers