HP OfficeJet 6110 destroys my HP 56 ink cartridges regularly

My HP OfficeJet 6110 multifunction printer destroys black ink
cartridges every couple of months.
I print very infrequently (about 10 pages in 6 months?) and the HP 56
(original) cartridges, still with much ink in them, quit working after
that time.
I've got 3 damaged cartridges so far.

Error message that appears after a couple of months is:
  Remove and check cartridge
  Right Cartridge Incorrect

The color cartridge is never affected.

I have tried cleaning the contacts, printer reset routines, re-install
printer firmware, etc.
The only thing that works is to put in a brand new HP 56 cartridge, and
it will work for the next couple of months.

The first 2 times, HP gave me a replacement cartridge.
Now that my printer warranty is over, they claim the printer is at
fault and they will no longer replace a under-warranty cartridge that
gets damaged.

Any ideas what might be happening?
And is there a way to continue using the fax (for sending only) or
scanner (with its auto-document feeder) without installing an ink
cartridge?

Thanks.

0
OJ

"OJ" <hpojq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My HP OfficeJet 6110 multifunction printer destroys black ink
> cartridges every couple of months.
> I print very infrequently (about 10 pages in 6 months?) and the HP 56
> (original) cartridges, still with much ink in them, quit working after
> that time.
> I've got 3 damaged cartridges so far.

Do you still have the latest "bad" cartridge?  If so please drop me an
email at bobh@proaxis.com.  I may be able to get you warranty service.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

0
Bob

Web resources about - HP OfficeJet 6110 destroys my HP 56 ink cartridges regularly - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...