HP OfficeJet 6110 destroys my HP 56 ink cartridges regularly

My HP OfficeJet 6110 multifunction printer destroys black ink
cartridges every couple of months.
I print very infrequently (about 10 pages in 6 months?) and the HP 56
(original) cartridges, still with much ink in them, quit working after
that time.
I've got 3 damaged cartridges so far.

Error message that appears after a couple of months is:
  Remove and check cartridge
  Right Cartridge Incorrect

The color cartridge is never affected.

I have tried cleaning the contacts, printer reset routines, re-install
printer firmware, etc.
The only thing that works is to put in a brand new HP 56 cartridge, and
it will work for the next couple of months.

The first 2 times, HP gave me a replacement cartridge.
Now that my printer warranty is over, they claim the printer is at
fault and they will no longer replace a under-warranty cartridge that
gets damaged.

Any ideas what might be happening?
And is there a way to continue using the fax (for sending only) or
scanner (with its auto-document feeder) without installing an ink
cartridge?

Thanks.

0
OJ

"OJ" <hpojq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My HP OfficeJet 6110 multifunction printer destroys black ink
> cartridges every couple of months.
> I print very infrequently (about 10 pages in 6 months?) and the HP 56
> (original) cartridges, still with much ink in them, quit working after
> that time.
> I've got 3 damaged cartridges so far.

Do you still have the latest "bad" cartridge?  If so please drop me an
email at bobh@proaxis.com.  I may be able to get you warranty service.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

0