HP papers for Canon inkjet printers

Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com.
Without any thought, I ordered  some( I did not receive it yet).
I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon inkjet
printers or not.

BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers.
It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco.
Is that correct?

Craig

0
Craig

Craig wrote:

>Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com.
>Without any thought, I ordered  some( I did not receive it yet).
>I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon inkjet
>printers or not.
>
>BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers.
>It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco.
>Is that correct?

that is incorrect.  it might be your costco was out of them.  they sell
the full sheet (probably ilford) and the cut sheet that is made in the USA.

the full sheet is somewhat better and can be cut to size using the
fiskars rotary cutter sold at costco.  i think that hp photo paper is
somewhat different and should be reserved for hp pritners and is also
more expensive.  costco paper works best with canon or epson ink.

>Craig

0
measekite
4/28/2006 10:10:06 PM
"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com.
> Without any thought, I ordered  some( I did not receive it yet).
> I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon inkjet
> printers or not.
>
> BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers.
> It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco.
> Is that correct?
>
> Craig

RE: Costco Kirkland paper - I do hope you are wrong!

0
Burt
4/28/2006 10:26:17 PM
Craig wrote:

> Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com.
> Without any thought, I ordered  some( I did not receive it yet).
> I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon inkjet
> printers or not.

Interesting. I have a thread open on what paper doesn't work in what
printers and why. Please let us know how how your HP paper works out.

thINK4inc.com

0
trevor
4/28/2006 10:37:29 PM
I love Kirkland papers.  When I went to our local Costco last week, the
aisle was gone.
I even visited the Costco website to order Kikland papers.  It is not listed
on the website.
I hope to see it again sometime during summer travel season.

Craig

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message

>> BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers.
>> It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco.
>> Is that correct?
>>
>> Craig
>>

> RE: Costco Kirkland paper - I do hope you are wrong!

0
Satoshi
4/28/2006 11:50:09 PM

Satoshi wrote:

>I love Kirkland papers.  When I went to our local Costco last week, the
>aisle was gone.
>I even visited the Costco website to order Kikland papers.  It is not listed
>on the website.
>I hope to see it again sometime during summer travel season.
>
>Craig

apparently you are doing something wrong. the link below came from
costco.com website. physically the stuff is at the stores. they also
have the 4x6 cut sheet made in the USA but that does not appear to be as
pure as the full sheet that is purported to be made by ilford in switzerland

	Kirkland Signature�
8.5" X 11"
Glossy Photo...
<http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11003630&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1>
		$18.99

>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>

>>>BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers.
>>>It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco.
>>>Is that correct?
>>>
>>>Craig
>>>

>>RE: Costco Kirkland paper - I do hope you are wrong!

0
measekite
4/29/2006 6:31:21 AM
Hi, measekite,

> Kirkland Signature�
> 8.5" X 11"
> Glossy Photo...
> <http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11003630&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1>
> $18.99

I was wrong on this one.
You must have eagle's eye.  I missed that one on Costoc website.

Upon reading your message this morning, I went Costco.  The aisle for
photosection returned.
There were Kirkland papers (letter size and 4 x 6) including Kodak
photopapers.  I grabbed two packs of  Kirkland 2 x4 papers.   Thanks.
Satoshi

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> > apparently you are doing something wrong. the link below came from
> costco.com website. physically the stuff is at the stores. they also have
> the 4x6 cut sheet made in the USA but that does not appear to be as pure
> as the full sheet that is purported to be made by ilford in switzerland
>

> Kirkland Signature�
> 8.5" X 11"
> Glossy Photo...
> <http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11003630&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1>
> $18.99
>

>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message

>>>RE: Costco Kirkland paper - I do hope you are wrong!

0
Satoshi
4/29/2006 5:34:44 PM

Satoshi wrote:

>Hi, measekite,
>

>>Kirkland Signature�
>>8.5" X 11"
>>Glossy Photo...
>><http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11003630&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1>
>>$18.99
>>

>I was wrong on this one.
>You must have eagle's eye.  I missed that one on Costoc website.
>
>Upon reading your message this morning, I went Costco.  The aisle for
>photosection returned.
>There were Kirkland papers (letter size and 4 x 6) including Kodak
>photopapers.  I grabbed two packs of  Kirkland 2 x4 papers.   Thanks.
>Satoshi

keep in mind that the full sheet 8.5x11 is brighter and whiter and is
made in switzerland probably by ilford. the cut 4x6 may not be as good a
quality and is more off white. costco also sells a specially built for
costco fiskars rotary paper cutter that is great. using the full sheet
and a good matte cutter along with the fiskars one can get many
different sizes for framing without having to crop out portions of a
picture one likes just to keep all of the contraints relative.

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>>apparently you are doing something wrong. the link below came from
>>>

>>costco.com website. physically the stuff is at the stores. they also have
>>the 4x6 cut sheet made in the USA but that does not appear to be as pure
>>as the full sheet that is purported to be made by ilford in switzerland
>>

>>Kirkland Signature�
>>8.5" X 11"
>>Glossy Photo...
>><http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11003630&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1>
>>$18.99
>>

>>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message

0
measekite
4/29/2006 7:07:28 PM

>> keep in mind that the full sheet 8.5x11 is brighter and whiter and is
> made in switzerland probably by ilford. the cut 4x6 may not be as good a
> quality and is more off white. costco also sells a specially built for
> costco fiskars rotary paper cutter that is great. using the full sheet and
> a good matte cutter along with the fiskars one can get many different
> sizes for framing without having to crop out portions of a picture one
> likes just to keep all of the contraints relative.

Thank you for the very important information.  Naturally, nobody would think
that letter size and 4x6 cut size papers were different.   You're right.
Once in a while, when I printed on the letter size Kirkland papers> Prints
seem to be  more glossy and brighter than the smaller cut size.    Thanks.
Satoshi

0
Satoshi
4/29/2006 9:09:53 PM
"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> keep in mind that the full sheet 8.5x11 is brighter and whiter and is
>> made in switzerland probably by ilford. the cut 4x6 may not be as good a
>> quality and is more off white. costco also sells a specially built for
>> costco fiskars rotary paper cutter that is great. using the full sheet
>> and a good matte cutter along with the fiskars one can get many different
>> sizes for framing without having to crop out portions of a picture one
>> likes just to keep all of the contraints relative.
>>

> Thank you for the very important information.  Naturally, nobody would
> think that letter size and 4x6 cut size papers were different.   You're
> right. Once in a while, when I printed on the letter size Kirkland papers>
> Prints seem to be  more glossy and brighter than the smaller cut size.
> Thanks. Satoshi

I print lots of 4x6 photos.  I had been cutting a whole box of costco 8.5x11
paper at a time into 4x6's to make borderless prints more conveniently.
Although the newer 4x6 paper, made in the USA, has a very slight ivory tone,
it is every bit as good as the 8.5x11 costo paper and much more convenient.
If you didn't hold prints on each paper next to each other you wouldn't
notice the slight off-white tone.  I keep some of each on hand and am
delighted with both.  I've now printed over 1,000 4x6's on the 4x6 paper.
Excellent quality.  BTW, I did black and white photography processing in my
own darkroom for many years and used a wide array of papers, many of which
were purposely bought with a slight ivory tone to add warmth to the print.
On comparison, you will also notice that Canon Glossy Photo Paper Pro is not
quite as bright white as the costco 8.5x11 paper!  If the Canon PPP paper is
supposed to be the OEM benchmark, perhaps the 4x6 paper comes closer in tone
than the 8.5x11.

0
Burt

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP Paper with Canon Printer?
Hello, I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:mZqSh.669$ok6.630@trnddc07... > Hello, > > I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet > printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to > use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. > > Ta...

HP everyday photo paper with canon printers
Are the HP glossy papers compatible with canon printers? I bought 15 sheets of glossy premium and 100 sheets of everyday photo paper but with epson printers are a disaster.The ink doesn't dry on the paper properly. I have an old epson 750 and want to change it with a canon 560 or 865.These printers can print on HP paper? Has anybody tried it? Any feedback is welcome !!! Thanks a lot Thank you very much for the reply. Did you ever tried this particular paper(everyday)? My only worry about the new canon printers(860 960 etc) is the printhead.Is it true that they last lik...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

Printing onto legal-size paper on HP C5180 Inkjet printer?
A friend bought a new HO C5180 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner and found that it is capable of taking legal-size paper. She got some and found that, although she changed the paper size in the software to legal-size the text still prints letter-size of the legal-size paper. Anybody know what she's doing wrong? Thanks. Dejola wrote: > A friend bought a new HO C5180 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner and > found that it is capable of taking legal-size paper. She got some and > found that, although she changed the paper size in the software to > legal-size the t...

Convert Inkjet Printer to Envelope Printer
Hi, We have a mid volume printing, assemblying operation and print a lot of #9 and #10 envelopes with different addresses, layouts, etc... We've tried different technologies and standard inkjet printers (with a continuous ink system) seem to work the best (espcially for the cost). However, I can't find a standard inkjet that we can load up with more than 10 envelopes. I'd like to stay away from true "envelope printers" because they can be expensive (we need several) and aren't as versatile at that they'll print. Anyone have experience converting an ...

laser printer or inkjet printer? which is better?
First of all, excuse my poor english but i'm italian and i don't speak english very well..... then, I have to buy my next printer, I already own a brother mfc3420c, that is a multifunction, so i don't need to print color pages, and i need only a printer to print text in the less expansive way. I thought that the less expensive printers are the laser ones. and i looked at the brother hl1430, that costs 149 euro. The toner is 48 euro, and the drum is 83 euro. Whith the toner you can print about 6000 pages, and whith the drum you can print 20.000 pages. so, eve...

Which Canon inkjet printer?
I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than ip4000. BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. Please advise me. TIA. Craig Craig wrote: > I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. > I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than > ip4000. > BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. > Please advise me. TIA. Craig It would help if you would define the term "performs better". Do you want f...

Paper for HP Printers
I have been using various papers with my HP 7350 printer. (Yeah, I also use HP, but I can't find anywhere to buy it cheaper in larger quantities.) I purchased Epson and Kodak in larger packs at Costco - did not like the prints from the epson paper and could not stand the odor from the kodak. Any suggestions? Thanks Ilford Printasia glossy works good, doesn't fade. "Steven Wandy" <Swandy@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:ResZb.62995$Lp.12112@twister.nyc.rr.com... > I have been using various papers with my HP 7350 printer. (Yeah, I also use > HP, bu...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Web resources about - HP papers for Canon inkjet printers - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...