HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 printer: Disable its auto power on and processes in Windows?

I have a HP 8450 PhotoSmart printer (USB connection). Is there a way to
not to let the printer power on by itself from the computer's request? I
would prefer to power on the printer manually before printing for a
security reason. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates).

Also, I noticed HP printer software and drivers added a lot of Windows XP
background processes (hpboid.exe, hpbpro.exe, hpcmpmgr.exe, hphmon06.exe,
hptskmgr.exe, and HPZipm12.exe). Do I need all these to be running like
HPZipm12.exe (is this zip drive feature which I don't have?)?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight line, a long, a long, long
mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over and pick up their dead friends and carry those around.
| |o   o| |                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                        Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    ( )
0
ANTant