HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 printer: Disable its auto power on and processes in Windows?

I have a HP 8450 PhotoSmart printer (USB connection). Is there a way to
not to let the printer power on by itself from the computer's request? I
would prefer to power on the printer manually before printing for a
security reason. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates).

Also, I noticed HP printer software and drivers added a lot of Windows XP
background processes (hpboid.exe, hpbpro.exe, hpcmpmgr.exe, hphmon06.exe,
hptskmgr.exe, and HPZipm12.exe). Do I need all these to be running like
HPZipm12.exe (is this zip drive feature which I don't have?)?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight line, a long, a long, long
mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over and pick up their dead friends and carry those around.
| |o   o| |                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                        Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    ( )
0
ANTant

HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 Inkjet Printer Supported in Linux (Debian)?
Hello. Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under Linux (Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not see these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org. I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two mdoels. URL for 8100: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_8100 ... Also, no luck in Google via Web and newsgroups. Thank you in advance. :) -- "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ ...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurement and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. ...

Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many pictures at one shot. I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh). I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed! Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. Here's one (convoluted) way..........http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/macinfo.htm "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1112510958.624203.237480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a print...

Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window
Hello, I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? Dave diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::Printer, searching specifically for words like "default printer"? Paul Lalli Paul Lalli ha scritto: > diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > > > I my application I would like to...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in...

HP Photosmart 8450 Printer printing colors incorrectly.
Hello, Ever since I had the HP Photosmart 8450 printer, as new from CompUSA, from November 2004, I noticed its colors didn't do well after a few months even though I didn't print much. The first incident occurred in end of May 2005. You can read about it at http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_frm/thread/89a644f1d77c2e32/1d665f6a00bd8f18 (Google Groups won't let me reply to that thread). Bascially, it was not printing colors like red (turned out to be yellowish). I replaced the defective cartridge (97; tri-color) under warranty with a new ...

USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?
Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/... It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check? I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's Web site. I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB s...

Trying to find Windows 95 driver for HP Photosmart C6180 printer (if it exists)
I was told by a store clerk that a Windows 95 driver existed for this machine, but had to be obtained from HP. We all know that HP will no longer supply Win98 drivers to say nothing of Win95. I have seen outdated Google results that strongly suggest that a driver that supported this machine on Win95 existed along with Win98, W2K, etc. However, when I attempt to go to various sites I find in Google, the site either seem bogus or are circular/related -- and when I attempt to download what I think I need, the download links come back as non- existent (maybe they are linking to HP). Ca...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP 8150 printer
I have an HP 8150 connected to a Windows XP SP2 PC with a USB cable attached to an extension USB cable. Whilst not being used, the PC displays that the Printer has disconnected, I double click the system tray printer icon and it connects straight back up again. Anyone know how I can stop thsi happening? -- Andi. Remove only one zero to reply << Whilst not being used, the PC displays that the Printer has disconnected, I double click the system tray printer icon and it connects straight back up again. >> Andi- I suspect the message is the result of the 8150 going to sleep ...

Processes for HP printers
When you install an HP printer there will be three processes running all the time - what is the diff between the three? hpqtra08 hpqste08 hpwuschd2 I'm pretty sure they just make it faster to access the printer, but from looking at articles I'm not totally sure what the diff is. (I know you can turn them off with msconfig but I'm not sure if it's safe.) Thanks On Sep 12, 2:11 pm, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com> wrote: > When you install an HP printer there will be three processes running > all the time - what is the diff between th...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

OT: HP printers on Windows
Don't know if anyone cares, but I have 2 HP 256x printers working wonderfully under Windows. I used the Windows text driver and inserted some PCL commands to initialize the printer and set form sizes. All works great and it was a nice way of continuing to use some good 3k-type equipment in the windows world. If there is interest I can send more details to individuals or the list. ---- ALso, still have terminals, 2 2567 printers, 2 DTCs & 1 9-track tape drive available, all cheap in the DC Area (Tyson's Corner). -Franco * To join/leave the list, search arc...

HP 8150 Laser Printer
Hurry, you don't see these around elsewhere. Two HP LaserJet 8150 printer for sale, asking $1200 for one. This HP LaserJet 8150 is a 32 ppm, monochrome workgroup laser printer. This unit prints at 1200dpi. Suited for high volume monochrome printing. This printer is capable of accepting pages up to letter A size (8.5 in x 11 in), legal (8.5 in x 14 in), and A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in). Both printers are in excellent shape, looking like new. You can check out the pictures for the two printers at the following link, http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/celeritech/album?.dir=8291 Contact me...

HP LaserJet 8150 printer
Two HP LaserJet 8150 printer for sale, asking $1250 USD for each. This HP LaserJet 8150 is a 32 ppm, monochrome workgroup laser printer. This unit prints at 1200dpi. Suited for high volume monochrome printing. This printer is capable of accepting pages up to letter A size (8.5 in x 11 in), legal (8.5 in x 14 in), and A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in). Both printers are in excellent shape, looking like new. You can check out the pictures for the two printer at the following link, http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/celeritech/album?.dir=8291 Contact me at, celeritech@yahoo.com ...

Web resources about - HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 printer: Disable its auto power on and processes in Windows? - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...