HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...

Hello.

Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP
Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600)
after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after
turning on the printer for a few minutes.

The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen
says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print
using ink-backup printing mode."

I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on
including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and printer's
cartridge holder connection, etc. Nothing fixed it.

What happened? I didn't even use much of this year old cartridge (think
it had 3/4th of ink left). I don't have its original packaging and
papers. Can I RMA it back to HP for free since I ordered it online
through Amazon?

I had to print without this color (thanks God it lets me print even
without colors). Thank you in advance. :)
--
"What I fear most from the stars is not aliens for they have
intelligence, but I fear social creatures like ants, that can overrun

> What happened? I didn't even use much of this year old cartridge (think
> it had 3/4th of ink left). I don't have its original packaging and
> papers. Can I RMA it back to HP for free since I ordered it online
> through Amazon?

I ordered it on 11/26/2012 from http://amazon.com/gp/product/B0006BB6Z6/
web page (Amazon LLC, not the other resellers). It is not returnable
after a month. :(
--
Quote of the Week: "Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree
plant." --Motto of FTL Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look '...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in...

HP Photosmart 8450 Printer printing colors incorrectly.
Hello, Ever since I had the HP Photosmart 8450 printer, as new from CompUSA, from November 2004, I noticed its colors didn't do well after a few months even though I didn't print much. The first incident occurred in end of May 2005. You can read about it at http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_frm/thread/89a644f1d77c2e32/1d665f6a00bd8f18 (Google Groups won't let me reply to that thread). Bascially, it was not printing colors like red (turned out to be yellowish). I replaced the defective cartridge (97; tri-color) under warranty with a new ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to ope...

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed??
Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works with just a black ink cartridge installed?? I just want a plain inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports, e-mail, ETC. I do not print pics, graphics, etc. The few web pages I do print I do not care about the color pics. They can be in black. I can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!! I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!! Thanks in advance for any help! "krazy&qu...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

HP 842C Deskjet printer color cartridge refill problem
Dear Anyone Who Might Know: I just refilled the yellow reservoir of my #17 cartridge after it went dry a week ago with about 10m. of ink. It printed yellow for a short period of time but soon faded and now will not print yellow AT ALL. Aligning and cleaning the cartridge does no good. However, when I remove the cartridge from the carriage & dab the print head on tissue paper, some yellow bleeds through. Why does it not print yellow any longer and how can I get the cartridge to work so I haven't wasted the replacement ink I've just put in??? Thanks. printerguy &l...

Web resources about - HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge... - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...