HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge

In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink
volume in each cartridge:

"HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E
HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E
HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W"

I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink
cartridge!

meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on.

Are my expectations correct?

Regards

Tadeusz

0
Tadeusz

"Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in message
> In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink
> volume in each cartridge:
>
> "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E
> HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E
> HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W"
>
> I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink
> cartridge!
>
> meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on.

No, the 14mL is the total.

Regards,

Bob

Printer Ink

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurement and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. ...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any ideas/opinions/comments welcomed. BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided print feature. In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com> writes >I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet >printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual >colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP >does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? > >Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems >only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very >satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the >impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any >ideas/opinio...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many pictures at one shot. I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh). I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed! Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. Here's one (convoluted) way..........http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/macinfo.htm "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1112510958.624203.237480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a print...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Photosmart 8450 Printer printing colors incorrectly.
Hello, Ever since I had the HP Photosmart 8450 printer, as new from CompUSA, from November 2004, I noticed its colors didn't do well after a few months even though I didn't print much. The first incident occurred in end of May 2005. You can read about it at http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_frm/thread/89a644f1d77c2e32/1d665f6a00bd8f18 (Google Groups won't let me reply to that thread). Bascially, it was not printing colors like red (turned out to be yellowish). I replaced the defective cartridge (97; tri-color) under warranty with a new ...

Can I use Lexmark ink in a HP C4280 Photosmart printer?
I just bought an HP C4280 and I plan to re-fill the cartridges when they get low. I have a refill kit that I bought for a Lexmark X125 which works great in the Lexmark. I would like to know if this ink will work in the HP printer or could it damage the printer? thanks, G.M. Durrence (To reply remove -nospam) ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 Inkjet Printer Supported in Linux (Debian)?
Hello. Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under Linux (Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not see these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org. I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two mdoels. URL for 8100: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_8100 ... Also, no luck in Google via Web and newsgroups. Thank you in advance. :) -- "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ ...

USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?
Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/... It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check? I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's Web site. I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB s...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 printer: Disable its auto power on and processes in Windows?
I have a HP 8450 PhotoSmart printer (USB connection). Is there a way to not to let the printer power on by itself from the computer's request? I would prefer to power on the printer manually before printing for a security reason. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates). Also, I noticed HP printer software and drivers added a lot of Windows XP background processes (hpboid.exe, hpbpro.exe, hpcmpmgr.exe, hphmon06.exe, hptskmgr.exe, and HPZipm12.exe). Do I need all these to be running like HPZipm12.exe (is this zip drive feature which I don't have?)? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight line, a long, a long, long mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over and pick up their dead friends and carry those around. I'm pretty sure it's because they can get in the carpool lane and pass up that line." --Ellen DeGeneres /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail. ( ) ...

New HP Printers: Designjet 90 18-inch and Photosmart 8750 A3+ 9 ink
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050218/185158_1.html Designjet 90 A2+/C+ 6 colour prints up to 18+24 inch. Optional 18 inch roll-feed. Fade resistance similar to analogue printing. 6 large ink cartridges as used in Designjet 130. Available in summer at 995 US dollars. Photosmart 8750 A3+ has 9 inks including BLUE cartridge. Black and light black inks for excellent B/W printing. Fade resistance 200 year in archive. Avalable April 499 US dollars. You had better get in line for that Designjet! Deryck The message <2005021820231370814@deryck.com> from deryck lant <deryck@deryck.com> contains these words: > http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050218/185158_1.html > Designjet 90 A2+/C+ 6 colour prints up to 18+24 inch. > Optional 18 inch roll-feed. > Fade resistance similar to analogue printing. > 6 large ink cartridges as used in Designjet 130. > Available in summer at 995 US dollars. > Photosmart 8750 A3+ has 9 inks including BLUE cartridge. > Black and light black inks for excellent B/W printing. > Fade resistance 200 year in archive. > Avalable April 499 US dollars. > You had better get in line for that Designjet! More facts on the Designjet 90: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2005/pma/fs_hp_designjet_90.pdf Deryck The message <2005021820553870814@deryck.com> from deryck lant <deryck@deryck.com> contains these words: > The message <2005021820231370814@deryck.com&...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer --- 564 XL Black cartridges come in many sizes -- Help!!
I have a HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer that I bought about a year ago. I took my empty Black XL 564 cartridge (that is almost 1 inch thick) out of the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer. This cartridge also has a 5-sided symbol above the number. I went to Staples (where I bought the printer) to try and replace it. Found one for $28+ that said "Black 564 XL" and thought this was the one. It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my printer. How can I tell if I am purchasing the one inch thick Cartridge (the only one that fits), before...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Web resources about - HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...