HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer --- 564 XL Black cartridges come in many sizes -- Help!!

I have a HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer that I bought about a
year ago.  I took my empty Black XL 564 cartridge (that is almost 1
inch thick) out of the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer.  This
cartridge also has a 5-sided symbol above the number.

 I went to Staples (where I bought the printer) to try and replace it.
Found one for $28+ that said "Black 564 XL" and thought this was the
one.  It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my
printer.

 How can I tell if I am purchasing the one inch thick Cartridge (the
only one that fits), before I get home and realize my mistake?? The
staff was no help, they were just surprised that the labels were the
same and the product was different.

 Thanks so much in advance for you help.

Sharon

0
Time2Live

From: "Time2Live" <sysaron@hotmail.com>

>  I went to Staples (where I bought the printer) to try and replace it.
> Found one for $28+ that said "Black 564 XL" and thought this was the
> one.  It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my
> printer.
>
>  How can I tell if I am purchasing the one inch thick Cartridge (the
> only one that fits), before I get home and realize my mistake?? The
> staff was no help, they were just surprised that the labels were the
> same and the product was different.
>
>  Thanks so much in advance for you help.
>
> Sharon

Sometimes ink carts. come with more ink such as 18ml vs. 36ml (XL).

What do you mean by "It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my
printer."
The type 564 and 564XL are maent for your printer except the XP has twice the ink.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
8/27/2011 11:50:41 PM
As it turns out, the 'new improved' 564 XL has only 65% of the ink
(and 2/3 the size) of the original 564 XL that I bought 2 years ago.
Half the ink for twice the price. No wonder HP is getting out of the
printer business.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:50:41 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "Time2Live" <sysaron@hotmail.com>
>

>>  I went to Staples (where I bought the printer) to try and replace it.
>> Found one for $28+ that said "Black 564 XL" and thought this was the
>> one.  It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my
>> printer.
>>
>>  How can I tell if I am purchasing the one inch thick Cartridge (the
>> only one that fits), before I get home and realize my mistake?? The
>> staff was no help, they were just surprised that the labels were the
>> same and the product was different.
>>
>>  Thanks so much in advance for you help.
>>
>> Sharon
>>

>Sometimes ink carts. come with more ink such as 18ml vs. 36ml (XL).
>
>What do you mean by "It turned out to be only 3/4 inch thick and did not fit into my
>printer."
>The type 564 and 564XL are maent for your printer except the XP has twice the ink.
0
Time2Live

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Printer Ink

hp photosmart c6380 multifuntion printer
novice. could anybody be of assistance please? have laptop with vista 32 bit want to connect wirelessly my hp c6380 printer. read there could be problems. do i use disc that came with same version 11.0.0. or do i download this information from one of hp site. there are several do not know which one to use any suggestions gratfully received also do i turn of uac and would this be ok. sorry to be so thick. thank you. ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how man...

HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-one Printer
Purchased this printer because of its wireless capabilities that I wanted to use on a wireless home network with 4 other wireless computers. Have installed it on three computers (one of which is a Mac laptop, the others are running Windows XP home SP2). I appear to have the latest drivers by checking through the HP website, but I am very disappointed in this printer. For some reason it has either bogged down the two windows computers or causes one of them to constantly go into standby mode. The printing is very slow. Has anyone else come across similar problems and how did you cor...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how ma...

HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-one Printer Issues
I have had a series of problems with this printer. The latest included the printer continuously transmitting wirelessly to computers set up to use it as a wireless printer. The printer, for some reason, continuously transmits to associated computers. The computers' wireless adapters are recieving transmissions every 1-2 seconds, even though there are no printing activities going on. If i turn the printer or the printer's radio off, all of the communication I see on the computers' wireless adapters goes away. Had a frustrating online chat with a tech support rep from ...

Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many pictures at one shot. I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh). I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed! ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Negative Scanning with HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer
My wife just bought a HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309. She was disappointed that there seems to be no facility for scanning negatives and slides, as my old Epson scanner does. Is there any application available which would enable the HP printer/scanner to be used in this way? "mikeos" <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7q65jdFv8hU1@mid.individual.net... > My wife just bought a HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309. > She was disappointed that there seems to be no facility for scanning > negatives and slides, as my old E...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in...

Printer has single print cartridge
My Dell (A810) all-in-one printer has only one cartridge. When I went to refill it I was surprised there were only 3 holes for the colours and no 'Black' tank. Black comes out as a dark greenish grey - which is fine for general home stuff but not so good for letters or work documents. Any suggestions or perhaps I've done somethng wrong? "Frank_Cora" <frank.weaver@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:1154635845.525051.49930@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My Dell (A810) all-in-one printer has only one cartridge. When I went > to refill it I...

HP printer on Mac, can one get by on black.
When I bought my Macbook from Apple, I unfortunately got an HP Photosmart B109a-m (instead of a mono laser). When I came to get ink from a main Sydney Office supplier I was told that this machine is designed to print always with all or at least always more than the black even if one only wants to print black. Anyone know if this is true? Can it not get by with just 3 empty cartidges and a full black? Can one get 4 black ones for all slots to "fool" it. In Tiger and the print dialog box there is no option to *just* print black? -- dorayme In article <doraym...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Web resources about - HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one printer --- 564 XL Black cartridges come in many sizes -- Help!! - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...