HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed??

Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!

I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

0
krazy

"krazy" <krazy@newsgroup.org> wrote in message

> Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
> with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
> inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
> e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
> do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
> can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!
>
> I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
> am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!

Most of the recent HP DeskJet's will work with tow cartridges or just
one (either the black or the color) installed.  Depending on your usage
you might look at the following models, listed from low usage to
moderate usage:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&product_code=C9068A%23B1H&catLevel=1
the D4160, rated at 3000 pages per month.  It uses the #98 black
cartridge rated at 390 pages per cartridge.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&product_code=C8970A%23B1H&catLevel=1
The DeskJet 6940, a very sturdy printer rated at 5000 pages per month.
It uses the larger #96 cartridges and is rated at 850 B&W pages per
cartridge.

You can find the page yield rating for these and other HP printers at:
http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/us/en/index.html.  For applications
you listed you may find printing in fast draft to be best, the page
yield is about twice that listed above.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/can.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&a1=Function&v1=Print&a2=Format&v2=Standard&catLevel=3#bcAnchor
has a list of other DeskJet printers.  Unless your printing volume per
month is very low I would not recommend the printers below the range of
the D4160.  These tend to use rather small cartridges.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
11/10/2006 7:39:57 PM
krazy wrote:

> Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
> with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
> inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
> e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
> do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
> can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!
>
> I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
> am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Why not go with a laser....
0
ISO
11/11/2006 12:32:48 AM
>> Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
>> with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
>> inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
>> e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
>> do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
>> can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!
>>
>> I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
>> am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!
>
>Most of the recent HP DeskJet's will work with tow cartridges or just
>one (either the black or the color) installed.  Depending on your usage
>you might look at the following models, listed from low usage to
>moderate usage:
>
>http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&product_code=C9068A%23B1H&catLevel=1
>the D4160, rated at 3000 pages per month.  It uses the #98 black
>cartridge rated at 390 pages per cartridge.
>
>http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&product_code=C8970A%23B1H&catLevel=1
>The DeskJet 6940, a very sturdy printer rated at 5000 pages per month.
>It uses the larger #96 cartridges and is rated at 850 B&W pages per
>cartridge.
>
>You can find the page yield rating for these and other HP printers at:
>http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/us/en/index.html.  For applications
>you listed you may find printing in fast draft to be best, the page
>yield is about twice that listed above.
>
>http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/can.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=inkjets&orderflow=1&a1=Function&v1=Print&a2=Format&v2=Standard&catLevel=3#bcAnchor
>has a list of other DeskJet printers.  Unless your printing volume per
>month is very low I would not recommend the printers below the range of
>the D4160.  These tend to use rather small cartridges.

Thanks much for help.

0
krazy
11/11/2006 2:46:14 AM
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:48:26 GMT, krazy <krazy@newsgroup.org> wrote:

>I know I am 'responding real late' to this, but. here is some of the 'things' I hve tried.
I like going to the computer shows. I have bought and on several
occaisons been given older H/P printers. example. H/P deskjet 500c.  I
also refill.  I do alot of just 'black ink' printing,  so it works out
well. The older machines may need new drivers (software) Yesteday I
pulled one out of my attic that had been stuck up there for a couple
of years,,, just in a garbage bage.  I cleaned the black rubber 'take
up wheels, and it is working fine.  It is a printer that will work
with either just black or just a color cart, but not both. If you get
back to this,,,,,, there are a few other tricks you can use to get a
higher paper count , if interested email. cl.

>Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
>with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
>inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
>e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
>do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
>can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!
>
>I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
>am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!
>
>Thanks in advance for any help!

0
hickybar
11/16/2006 6:40:23 PM
"hickybar" <lorentsonci@lycos.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:48:26 GMT, krazy <krazy@newsgroup.org> wrote:
>
>>I know I am 'responding real late' to this, but. here is some of the
>>'things' I hve tried.
> I like going to the computer shows. I have bought and on several
> occaisons been given older H/P printers. example. H/P deskjet 500c.  I
> also refill.  I do alot of just 'black ink' printing,  so it works out
> well. The older machines may need new drivers (software) Yesteday I
> pulled one out of my attic that had been stuck up there for a couple
> of years,,, just in a garbage bage.  I cleaned the black rubber 'take
> up wheels, and it is working fine.  It is a printer that will work
> with either just black or just a color cart, but not both. If you get
> back to this,,,,,, there are a few other tricks you can use to get a
> higher paper count , if interested email. cl.
>>
>>Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works
>>with just a black ink cartridge installed??  I just want a plain
>>inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports,
>>e-mail, ETC.  I do not print pics, graphics, etc.  The few web pages I
>>do print I do not care about the color pics.  They can be in black.  I
>>can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!!
>>
>>I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I
>>am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!!
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any help!

Get a cheap laser printer (even a used one).  Inkjets are for color!
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

0
Cari

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look '...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Printer Ink

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Need color printer for infrequent use
Does anyone recommend a color printer that can set around for several months and still be able to print? I have owned two inkjets now that I was able to use to print maybe 100 pages before clogging and going dead. Cannon 620e sat for 6 months and died. Epson C80 sat for 6 months and died. I have a laser printer I have used for 6 years for my regular printing, and so I use the color very seldom. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:25:19 -0700, "WD" <farmtek@highstream.net> wrote: >Does anyone recommend a color printer that can set around for several months >and still ...

Need new home use printer
I just discovered I have to replace my HP photosmart inkjet 1115 printer and am looking for recommendations. After using the photosmart portion of the old printer, I soon found I preferred just using my Adobe PhotoShop software, so the new printer will not have such applications. I just want a very good, reliable color printer for my desk for home use. I print many spreadsheets as well as work with crafts as well as print many photos. Someone suggested splurging and getting the new laser color but I don't want laser, as the colors are not as true when printing photos. I don'...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to ope...

Installing the HP DeskJet 5150 Color Printer
I have a PC running XP Home SP1. My printer for the past 5 years has been a HP DeskJet 712C, which connects via a parallel port. I plan to get a faster USB printer in a few weeks and am considering the HP DeskJet 5150 Color Printer. Got a couple of questions about the 5150: 1) During installation, does the HP instruction manual suggest you use the drivers from their CD-ROM, or do they recommend allowing XP to use it's own drivers? I would assume the former since they include a CD-ROM. Just curious, because when I installed the old 712C printer, XP installed the...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Web resources about - HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed?? - comp.periphs.printers

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...