HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c

>Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in
>the cartridge.   I have a HP 932c printer.   The CD that came with my
>printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of
>years ago (in English).    But mine does not show ink level.

I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software
and drivers from the hp website.    But my printer settings still don't show
any ink level gage.    Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx

0
lbbs

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs
@dadffo.ca> says...
> >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in
> >the cartridge.   I have a HP 932c printer.   The CD that came with my
> >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of
> >years ago (in English).    But mine does not show ink level.
>
> I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software
> and drivers from the hp website.    But my printer settings still don't show
> any ink level gage.    Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx

  You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to work in
Windows. Further, I don't think it works with USB on some models. More
details on which version of Windows, and your connection type (parallel or
USB) would help. Also, some driver versions come in corporate or home. The
home versions have the ink level support and install using a setup
program. The corporate doesn't support in levels, and installs using Add
Printer and looking for the .INF file.

  You can get the level directly from the printer. Hold down the power
button, press the X button 4 times, then the paper-feed button once (or is
it twice?), then let go of the power button. This will print a status
page. At the bottom is the estimated ink levels. I=black, II=color.

  Also, you can simply open up the cover. The carriage will move over and
point at one of 5 icons molded into the printer. The ones with little
waves in them mean ink low. One dot=black, 3 dots = color. The sad faces
mean a cartridge problem. The happy face means everything is fine.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
0
Andrew
12/29/2003 11:27:23 PM
Thanks, that was  helpful.   btw: I have win2k pro, if that  makes any
difference.

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
> the cited author.]
>
> In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs
> @dadffo.ca> says...
> > >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in
> > >the cartridge.   I have a HP 932c printer.   The CD that came with my
> > >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple
of
> > >years ago (in English).    But mine does not show ink level.
> >
> > I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software
> > and drivers from the hp website.    But my printer settings still don't
show
> > any ink level gage.    Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp
printers? tx

>   You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to work in
> Windows. Further, I don't think it works with USB on some models. More
> details on which version of Windows, and your connection type (parallel or
> USB) would help. Also, some driver versions come in corporate or home. The
> home versions have the ink level support and install using a setup
> program. The corporate doesn't support in levels, and installs using Add
> Printer and looking for the .INF file.
>
>   You can get the level directly from the printer. Hold down the power
> button, press the X button 4 times, then the paper-feed button once (or is
> it twice?), then let go of the power button. This will print a status
> page. At the bottom is the estimated ink levels. I=black, II=color.
>
>   Also, you can simply open up the cover. The carriage will move over and
> point at one of 5 icons molded into the printer. The ones with little
> waves in them mean ink low. One dot=black, 3 dots = color. The sad faces
> mean a cartridge problem. The happy face means everything is fine.
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.att.net/~andyross

0
lbbs
12/29/2003 11:55:29 PM
In article <W93Ib.70565$mV5.58600@read1.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs
@dadffo.ca> says...
> Thanks, that was  helpful.   btw: I have win2k pro, if that  makes any
> difference.

  A last effort is to try and get as clean an install as possible.

  Disconnect the printer from the computer.

  Uninstall the HP software. You can do this from Start/Settings/Control
Panel/Add/Remove Programs, or rerun the printer setup program, but choose
the remove option.

  Go to Start/Settings/Printers. On the File menu, go to Server
Properties, then the Drivers tab. Remove any drivers for your 932.

  Reboot the computer to flush out anything left over.

  Download the latest Home version from HP:
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?
reg=&cc=us&softitem=dj966en&prodId=hpdeskjet919034
&lc=en&plc=&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software
(shorter version: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G68643BE6)

  Run the download, which will extract the files then automatically runs
the setup.

  At some point, it will tell you to connect the printer. Do it then. If
not, wait until it ends, then connect the printer.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
0
Andrew
12/30/2003 3:55:33 PM
Those icons that show the levels, shows that my color cartridge is empty.
The
only question I have is, how can that one arrow show the level for both the
color
and the black cartridge at the same time? tx

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
> the cited author.]
>
> In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs
> @dadffo.ca> says...
> > >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in
> > >the cartridge.   I have a HP 932c printer.   The CD that came with my
> > >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple
of
> > >years ago (in English).    But mine does not show ink level.
> >
> > I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software
> > and drivers from the hp website.    But my printer settings still don't
show
> > any ink level gage.    Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp
printers? tx

>   You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to work in
> Windows. Further, I don't think it works with USB on some models. More
> details on which version of Windows, and your connection type (parallel or
> USB) would help. Also, some driver versions come in corporate or home. The
> home versions have the ink level support and install using a setup
> program. The corporate doesn't support in levels, and installs using Add
> Printer and looking for the .INF file.
>
>   You can get the level directly from the printer. Hold down the power
> button, press the X button 4 times, then the paper-feed button once (or is
> it twice?), then let go of the power button. This will print a status
> page. At the bottom is the estimated ink levels. I=black, II=color.
>
>   Also, you can simply open up the cover. The carriage will move over and
> point at one of 5 icons molded into the printer. The ones with little
> waves in them mean ink low. One dot=black, 3 dots = color. The sad faces
> mean a cartridge problem. The happy face means everything is fine.
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.att.net/~andyross

0
lbbs
12/30/2003 5:54:03 PM
>>Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in
>>the cartridge.   I have a HP 932c printer.   The CD that came with my
>>printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of
>>years ago (in English).    But mine does not show ink level.
>>....[snip]....

The HP PCL Technical Reference Manual (on CD-ROM is less than $10, but
it's hard to purchase even though it is featured on an HP website).

I've not looked for commands which do ink-level reporting (or any other
reporting, for that matter), but if they exist and they are PCL (Printer
Control Language), they BETTER be in the Tech Ref Manual!

--Myron.
--
Five boxes preserve our freedoms:  soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
PhD EE (retired).   "Barbershop" tenor.   CDL(PTXS).  W0PBV.   (785) 539-4448

HP 932c Software to show INK Level?
Where can I get the software that shows how much ink level I have left in the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. Go to http://www.hp.com/cposupport/eschome.html and look for support and drivers. Just click your way to the driver update for your version of Windows and download. One of the things it will install is called the Toolbox which has a tab of the estimated level of each cartridge. Be aware that this is based on estimated usage, rather than an actual measurement, and tends to be very pessimistic. I usually get a few months of use out of them after the software says they are empty. YMMV Alan ...

Printer Ink

HP printer
Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink cartridge levels? Thanks I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. Don "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink > cartridge levels? > Thanks > Mine's a 970Cxi..I wonder if Toolbox would be ok with that?..any idea where I could find out and get a copy if so? Thanks. ----------- "Don" <nospam@please.gov> wrote in message news:10loibjol35l8ef@corp.supernews.com... >I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl >level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a >good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since >there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. > > Don > > "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... >> Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink >> cartridge levels? >> Thanks >> >...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP 932c Printer out of ink, Can I still refill it?
My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of weeks. Would it be a waste to try to refill it now. Some of the post I read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up. Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to unclog it or the reverse? "lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote in message news:1071498495.983636@news.vaxxine.com... > My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of > weeks. Would it be a waste to try to refill it now. Some of the post I > read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you > only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up. > Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to > unclog it or the reverse? As long as you have not been trying to print. as that causes excessive heat to burn the print head then it should be ok. When not in use the carts are parked up with the heads covered to stop them drying up. > > I have tried to print with it empty. Also, I had the color cartridge out of the printer for a couple of days in a sealed zip-lock bag. "Trev" <trevbowden@claranet.uk.invalid> wrote in message news:1071501286.1680.0@dyke.uk.clara.net... > > "lbbs" <nonex@nonee.com> wrote ...

Ink levels in hp printer 5650 refilled 56 cartriges
I have the hp inkjet 5650 printer. The black cartridge is a hp 56. I have refilled it according to the refill manufacturer's instructions, including removing the top label over the fill holes. The printer and cartridge work fine, but the printer assistant from hp tells me the cartridge is not inserted correctly or that I need a new cartridge. Also the ink level in the cartridge which has been just refilled is almost empty, which it is not.How do I get the printer assistant to reflect the correct ink level, and why the other message if it is not a shill to buy a new hp 56 cart...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

Cannot Install HP Printer Software
iMac G4, 1GB, 10.4.2. The installer for my HP 7410 AIO begins by showing 488 items to be installed. When it gets down to #317 it quits with the standard "Unexpectedly quit..." message. Here is what I have tried: - Booted from an external FW drive also running 10.4.2. (The software installed on the external drive without incident and is fully functional when I am running from the external drive.) While running from the external drive I ran Disk Utility on the internal drive. No problems. I ran Disk Warrior -- no problems. - Rebooted from the internal drive in single-user mode and ...

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

HP Printer software on x86
Does anyone know if the HP printer software (which I think is now called HPNPL and may previously have gone under different names) is supported on x86 machines, and if so where I might find it? It looks to me like it isn't, but HP's web site is almost as good as Sun's, and of course they are also not wildly enthusiastic about pointing you at stuff for Solaris. If anyone cares: it does work on Solaris 10 on SPARC, and with only a small amount of hackery it works in a zone on a Solaris 10 machine (need a non-loopback /usr and a little hackery to create some devices for it: mail me ...

HP Printer software in Windows
I have a HP 2600N and a C7280. Both printers have their own software and icons which load into Windows and reside on my desktop. Do I need them? Do I need the HP 2600N Toolbox and the similar software for the C7280? If it's safe to remove them I will do so and reduce the number of apps which load on boot. If there is a better group to post for this just let me know. Thanks. ...

HP 932C Printer Noise
I picked up a couple of HP 932C deskjet printers on ebay in fairly good condition. However, both of them make a kind of "clanging" noise when first pulling the paper through and also when pushing the finished paper out. It sounds like some kind of mechanical part swinging back into place...with a mild "twang". Is there something I can adjust to quiet this noise? Thanks! Scott Scott wrote: > I picked up a couple of HP 932C deskjet printers on ebay in fairly good > condition. However, both of them make a kind of "clanging" noise when > fir...

Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)
So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP use? Pigmented ink or not? and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea. But I've seen prices online for $10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color. What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart? Any advice would be appreciated. All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson printers use pigmented inks. Lynn "LLutton" <llutton@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916201009.13013.00000612@mb-m21.aol.com... > All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson > printers use pigmented inks. That is not quite true. All but the oldest HP black ink cartridges use pigmented inks. Most of the color cartridges are dye based although there are pigmented options for the DesignJet printers. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking fro my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, "Te" <te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote: >So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP >use? Pigmented ink or not? > >and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've >been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I >can ...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

hp printer
Hello i'm a newbie who just installed redhat 9 on my system yesterday. i'm trying to get my printer running. it's a hp psc 1210 all-in-one. USB connection. Under gnome print manager there is a printer, the queue is "printer" the type is locally-connected, dev/lp0 and dev/usb/lp0 are both listed. under printer manufacture and model hp psc 2210 are picked and the driver listed is HPIJS. when I print from any aplication the job does not show up in the queue. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Web resources about - HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c - comp.periphs.printers

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
Given that I resigned a couple weeks ago and am looking for new work , I've been asking myself a lot of questions about what I want to do next. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
We are gearing up for another awe-inspiring, thought-engaging, and actionable conference in 2012. It is our vision to stir up innovation and ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...