HP printer vs. Canon printer

I need to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 825 as one of the print
nozzles is permanently clogged!  I have been looking at both HP and
Canon printers, more specifically HP 7550 & Canon Pixma ip6700.  Has
anyone had any experience with either printer, good or bad?

I need a printer that will do everything from print invoices,
newsletters to photos.  Photos do not have to be gallery quality, but
good enough for a newsletter.

Also, in comparison, which brand has better prices on ink?  Is one
brand of ink better than another (assuming I would use the same brand
of paper) in relation to water /light resistance and longevity?

Any feedback would be appreciated, even if it is just general
comparison of brands rather than specific models.
Thank you!

0
hdauerphoto

Canon, IMHO, is an easy winner. HP drivers are getting really poor, and
support for them is also poor.
You can see for yourself what the inks costs are, ink usage will depend on
your use of the printer.

Al inkjet prints will fade over time, it's just a matter of how soon.
Keeping them under glass/plastic eliminated that issue.

<hdauerphoto@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I need to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 825 as one of the print
> nozzles is permanently clogged!  I have been looking at both HP and
> Canon printers, more specifically HP 7550 & Canon Pixma ip6700.  Has
> anyone had any experience with either printer, good or bad?
>
> I need a printer that will do everything from print invoices,
> newsletters to photos.  Photos do not have to be gallery quality, but
> good enough for a newsletter.
>
> Also, in comparison, which brand has better prices on ink?  Is one
> brand of ink better than another (assuming I would use the same brand
> of paper) in relation to water /light resistance and longevity?
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated, even if it is just general
> comparison of brands rather than specific models.
> Thank you!

0
Dan
2/28/2007 5:00:26 PM

hdauerphoto@earthlink.net wrote:
> I need to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 825 as one of the print
> nozzles is permanently clogged!  I have been looking at both HP and
> Canon printers, more specifically HP 7550 & Canon Pixma ip6700.  Has
> anyone had any experience with either printer, good or bad?

First Canon will produce better results than HP and comes with Full
Sized carts and is faster.  As for Canon the IP4300 will produce as good
a results or better than the IP6700 and costs less.  It can be had for
about $80.00 on sale.  The fade resistance is better since is does not
use the light load colors.  The ability to edit and print without using
a computer is no advantage at all in achieving quality photos.
> I need a printer that will do everything from print invoices,
> newsletters to photos.  Photos do not have to be gallery quality, but
> good enough for a newsletter.

The IP4300 will do all of that.  It can also duplex and has twin paper
trays and better paper handling than the HP.
> Also, in comparison, which brand has better prices on ink?
Canon not only has better prices for ink but the ink goes farther.
> Is one
> brand of ink better than another (assuming I would use the same brand
> of paper) in relation to water /light resistance and longevity?

I would say that they are about equal in most circumstances.  I know
that, with Canon, you have a very wide choice of paper.  I happen to use
Hammermill Premium InkJet and get fine results.

For photos I use Canon Photo Paper Pro Glossy, Epson Premium Glossy,
Epson Heavyweight Matte, Ilford Classic Pearl and could also use Ilford
Smooth Pearl.  The Classic is more resistance to gas fading than Smooth
with dye ink but takes much longer to dry.  The classic is a swellable
polymer paper that captures and seals the ink.

I also have an HP printer (I have had that first) and it is very good.
I use that mainly for printing computer code in draft and web pages.  HP
has a better draft than Canon but Canon uses less ink.

If I had to choose between them it would be Canon.  Due to better paper
handling Canon is able to do more jobs like printing envelopes and
invitations and odd sized stuff than HP.

Hope this helps.  And always use factory ink so you do not get head
clogs and lower quality results along with faded results.
> Any feedback would be appreciated, even if it is just general
> comparison of brands rather than specific models.
> Thank you!

0
measekite

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Web resources about - HP printer vs. Canon printer - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...