HP printer vs. ink cost??????

My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp printer
when I bought my computer for a  rebate type of thing so I bought the
cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for what he uses it for,
stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges for it.   $22.00 for color
cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am I missing something? 22 +18= 40.
Thats the same I paid for the whole printer that came with 2 cartridges,  a
nice big box, paper sampler, instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc....
And for some reason, the generic cartridges are only about 2 dollars cheaper
if you can find them.  Now doesn't it make more sense to just buy a whole
new printer and toss the old one out?

Bob
owner of an Epson with $3.00 B&W- $4.00 Color cartridges ;-)

0
JohnQPublic

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C4536E.7B258160

A " PC  World" guy told me that HP only half fill their cartridges taht =
are supplied with new printers.

I have asked Hp to confirm this, but surprise surprise -- no reply.  =
They answer the other questions on my list, but I assume they have =
chosen to ignore this one

I can only conclude that thier silence confirms assent

BTW  $40  for cartridges is cheap, here in rip off UK it's about =A340

David
HP 2500C, & Office jets  6110, 4110, 710

*******
DAVID HICKS ASSOCIATES LIMITED=20
Industrial Roofing & Cladding Consultants=20
Tel   01296 719775    Fax  01296  339073       Mobile  07980 432848=20
Visit our web site  http://www.roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk
=20
Please note whilst ever effort is taken to ensure that emails issued =
from this company are virus free,=20
it is the recipient's responsibility to check them before opening.=20
This company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage =
of data howsoever caused
=20
*******

"JohnQPublic" <jqp@jqp.com> wrote in message =
> My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp =
printer=20
> when I bought my computer for a  rebate type of thing so I bought the=20
> cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for what he uses =
it for,=20
> stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges for it.   $22.00 for =
color=20
> cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am I missing something? 22 =
+18=3D 40.=20
> Thats the same I paid for the whole printer that came with 2 =
cartridges,  a=20
> nice big box, paper sampler, instruction manual, 1 year warranty, =
etc....=20
> And for some reason, the generic cartridges are only about 2 dollars =
cheaper=20
> if you can find them.  Now doesn't it make more sense to just buy a =
whole=20
> new printer and toss the old one out?
>=20
> Bob
> owner of an Epson with $3.00 B&W- $4.00 Color cartridges ;-)=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C4536E.7B258160

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A " PC&nbsp; World" guy told me that HP =
only half=20
fill their cartridges taht are supplied with new printers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have asked Hp to confirm this, but =
surprise=20
surprise -- no reply.&nbsp; They answer the other questions on my list, =
but I=20
assume they have chosen to ignore this one</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can only conclude that thier=20
silence&nbsp;confirms assent</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BTW&nbsp; $40&nbsp; for cartridges is =
cheap, here=20
in rip off UK it's about =A340</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>David</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>HP 2500C, &amp; Office jets&nbsp; 6110, =
4110,=20
710</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>****************************************************************=
****************<BR><FONT=20
size=3D1>DAVID HICKS ASSOCIATES LIMITED <BR>Industrial Roofing &amp; =
Cladding=20
Consultants <BR>Tel&nbsp;&nbsp; 01296 719775&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fax&nbsp; =

01296&nbsp; 339073&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mobile&nbsp; =
07980 432848=20
<BR>Visit our web site&nbsp; </FONT></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D1>http://www.roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk</FONT></A><BR><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2><FONT size=3D1>&nbsp;<BR>Please note whilst ever effort is =
taken to ensure=20
that emails issued from this company are virus free, =
</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D1>it is the recipient's =
responsibility=20
to check them before opening. <BR>This company will not accept any=20
responsibility for any loss or damage of data howsoever=20
caused<BR></FONT>&nbsp;<BR>**********************************************=
**********************************</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"JohnQPublic" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jqp@jqp.com"><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>jqp@jqp.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:_rPzc.95046$0X2.4330865@twister.tampabay.rr.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:_rPzc.95046$0X2.4330865@twister.tampabay.rr.com</FONT></A><=
FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
My son has a HP=20
3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp printer <BR>&gt; when =
I=20
bought my computer for a&nbsp; rebate type of thing so I bought the =
<BR>&gt;=20
cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for what he uses it =
for,=20
<BR>&gt; stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges for =
it.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
$22.00 for color <BR>&gt; cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am I =
missing=20
something? 22 +18=3D 40. <BR>&gt; Thats the same I paid for the whole =
printer that=20
came with 2 cartridges,&nbsp; a <BR>&gt; nice big box, paper sampler,=20
instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc.... <BR>&gt; And for some =
reason, the=20
generic cartridges are only about 2 dollars cheaper <BR>&gt; if you can =
find=20
them.&nbsp; Now doesn't it make more sense to just buy a whole <BR>&gt; =
new=20
printer and toss the old one out?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Bob<BR>&gt; owner of =
an Epson=20
with $3.00 B&amp;W- $4.00 Color cartridges ;-) <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C4536E.7B258160--

0
David
6/16/2004 5:52:25 AM
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:52:25 +0100, "David Hicks"
<david@roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote as underneath my scribble :

What planet have you been on?!
HP always supply special low ink cartridges (with different catalogue
numbers) with their new printers.  Their money is made on the
cartridges, the printer is the hook - so the sooner you run out and go
buy their nice cartridges the better!!  HP's whole printer policy is
to get you to buy cartridges and the more the better..you will notice
that the newer and cheaper the HP printer the smaller the ink capacity
of each cartridge!
Charlie+

>A " PC  World" guy told me that HP only half fill their cartridges taht are supplied with new printers.

snipped 160 lines of of junk including HTML which you shouldnt be
posting in newsgroups.
0
Charlie
6/16/2004 9:26:59 AM
The new printers come with cartridges that are filled to less than 1/2. They
actually give the printer away. You are paying only for the cartridges.

This is the same for any of the printers you buy. If you want to print, you
need cartridges...  Anyways... $40 is not the end of the world for the kid
to have some fun. It is better for him to be printing his stuff, rather than
running around outside doing things you would never know about!

--

Jerry G.
=====

[...]

Jerry
6/16/2004 5:30:11 PM
Dear Charlie

Your tact and diplomacy are a long way  short of adequate.   Thankfully not
all users of the net take such social writings as seriously as you deem them
of worth.   Irrespective of this there is no reason to be so impolite in
your communications, such action is inexcusable.

For your info, I don't buy cartridges at all, all my printers are fed from
resivoir bottles.  much much cheaper, but not  really an option for domestic
useage, especially a 13 year old i would suggest.

I trust now that perhaps you will restrict your comments to the item
concerned instead of trying to inflame, inter alia, pointless arguemnts.

Anyway, you may reply how you wish to this response as I only called in to
ask one question, that now being resolved I have no further use for it and
will now unsubscribe

Good bye

David

0
David
6/16/2004 6:44:07 PM
JohnQPublic wrote:
> My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp
> printer when I bought my computer for a  rebate type of thing so I
> bought the cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for
> what he uses it for, stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges
> for it.   $22.00 for color cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am
> I missing something? 22 +18= 40. Thats the same I paid for the whole
> printer that came with 2 cartridges,  a nice big box, paper sampler,
> instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc.... And for some reason, the
> generic cartridges are only about 2 dollars cheaper if you can find
> them.  Now doesn't it make more sense to just buy a whole new printer
> and toss the old one out?
>
> Bob
> owner of an Epson with $3.00 B&W- $4.00 Color cartridges ;-)

First Law of Printers

The cost of the printer is inversely proportional to the cost of the
cartridges. IOW, the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the tanks. My
printer cost �500, I pay �3 a cartridge (�24 per set). My sister (who
wouldn't listen to me and is now regretting it) paid �40 for her printer and
her cartridges cost �50 a set! Printer manufacturers make nothing on the
units, they claw it all back in consumables. The 3520 is �30 over here and
the black is �12 and the colour �14, only �4 cheaper than a new unit.

Generally, the more you spend on the printer, the less you will spend on
cartridges (unless you're unlucky and have a model that drinks the stuff!)

0
Miss
6/16/2004 9:01:56 PM
Always?  Not true.  My 970 came with regular cartridges.

Charlie+ wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:52:25 +0100, "David Hicks"
> <david@roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote as underneath my scribble :
>
> What planet have you been on?!
> HP always supply special low ink cartridges (with different catalogue
> numbers) with their new printers.  Their money is made on the
> cartridges, the printer is the hook - so the sooner you run out and go
> buy their nice cartridges the better!!  HP's whole printer policy is
> to get you to buy cartridges and the more the better..you will notice
> that the newer and cheaper the HP printer the smaller the ink capacity
> of each cartridge!
> Charlie+
>
> >A " PC  World" guy told me that HP only half fill their cartridges taht are supplied with new printers.
> >
> snipped 160 lines of of junk including HTML which you shouldnt be
> posting in newsgroups.
0
George
6/17/2004 1:18:12 AM
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:01:56 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

>JohnQPublic wrote:
>> My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp
>> printer when I bought my computer for a  rebate type of thing so I
>> bought the cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for
>> what he uses it for, stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges
>> for it.   $22.00 for color cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am
>> I missing something? 22 +18= 40. Thats the same I paid for the whole
>> printer that came with 2 cartridges,  a nice big box, paper sampler,
>> instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc.... And for some reason, the
>> generic cartridges are only about 2 dollars cheaper if you can find
>> them.  Now doesn't it make more sense to just buy a whole new printer
>> and toss the old one out?
>>
>> Bob
>> owner of an Epson with $3.00 B&W- $4.00 Color cartridges ;-)
>
>First Law of Printers
>
>The cost of the printer is inversely proportional to the cost of the
>cartridges. IOW, the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the tanks. My
>printer cost ?500, I pay ?3 a cartridge (?24 per set). My sister (who
>wouldn't listen to me and is now regretting it) paid ?40 for her printer and
>her cartridges cost ?50 a set! Printer manufacturers make nothing on the
>units, they claw it all back in consumables. The 3520 is ?30 over here and
>the black is ?12 and the colour ?14, only ?4 cheaper than a new unit.
>
>Generally, the more you spend on the printer, the less you will spend on
>cartridges (unless you're unlucky and have a model that drinks the stuff!)

I had one of those printers and it died just before the warranty ran
out. I bought a 3550 for less than the cost of a new set of
cartridges. I was then advised to get a replacement under warranty,
which I did. I gave this to my son and wife, and as I refill
cartridges I will keep his and mine running with refills

DT
"Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:52:25 +0100, "David Hicks"
> <david@roofconsultant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote as underneath my scribble :
>
> What planet have you been on?!
> HP always supply special low ink cartridges (with different catalogue
> numbers) with their new printers.

The above statement is completely false.

 - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

0
Bob
6/17/2004 8:25:38 PM
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:25:38 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
wrote as underneath my scribble :

Apologies Bob,  my fault for a too embracing a statement!  I should
have confined it to all the HP printers in the past that I have had
anything to do with the purchase of!
Charlie+

>> HP always supply special low ink cartridges (with different catalogue
>> numbers) with their new printers.
>
>The above statement is completely false.
> - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

0
Charlie
6/18/2004 8:53:52 AM
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:25:38 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
> wrote as underneath my scribble :
>
> Apologies Bob,  my fault for a too embracing a statement!  I should
> have confined it to all the HP printers in the past that I have had
> anything to do with the purchase of!

I do not believe that *any* current HP inkjet printers ship with starter
cartridges.

 - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

0
Bob
6/18/2004 3:17:38 PM
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:17:38 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
wrote:

>"Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:25:38 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
>> wrote as underneath my scribble :
>>
>> Apologies Bob,  my fault for a too embracing a statement!  I should
>> have confined it to all the HP printers in the past that I have had
>> anything to do with the purchase of!
>
>I do not believe that *any* current HP inkjet printers ship with starter
>cartridges.

That's interesting, because they always used to and the manual, such
as it was told you so.

 --

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com
wrote:

>"Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:25:38 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
>> wrote as underneath my scribble :
>>
>> Apologies Bob,  my fault for a too embracing a statement!  I should
>> have confined it to all the HP printers in the past that I have had
>> anything to do with the purchase of!
>
>I do not believe that *any* current HP inkjet printers ship with starter
>cartridges.
>
> - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

My 5550 came with a B/W & Colour Carts.  Has HP changed its policy?

Printer Ink

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Original printer cost vs later ink costs?
I'm in the market for a new printer up to $100. Which is the best buy, considering future cartridge costs? TIA, Howie. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:05:28 GMT, PortNatal wrote: =>I'm in the market for a new printer up to $100. Which is the best buy, =>considering future cartridge costs? => =>TIA, =>Howie. None of them. 2 to 3 sets of b/w and colour cartridges will cost $100 or more, regardess of what printer you buy. There will be some who will tell you that refilling the cartridges will save you money. That's true, but you may find that the cost in...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Cost of new ink cart vs new printer...??
It seems buying a new printer with included ink carts are cheaper than just buying the ink carts separately. If everyone did that, printer companies would start losing lots of money as their profits are on ink carts only and selling printer cheaply, often below cost of manufacture. I already do this, on my 4th printer in 6 months. When the ink carts run out I get a new one, list an used printer with empty carts on eBay and get a fair amount of money, almost making the new printer free. If only more people realized this and bought only the printer and not the ink carts. -- To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net Not new news. Yes, you can now actually purchase a brand new, ink jet printer for about the cost of replacing the cartridges by themselves. This is based on the business model first tried by the Gillette company, which marketed the first commercially viable safety razor and blades. You bought the razor with a starter pack of blades for a couple of dollars. New packs of blades then cost about the same as what you paid for the razor and blades originally. Gotcha! Trust me, if we all started buying new printers every couple of months, you would see the retail price on printers skyrocket, and fast! This price-fixing scam by the major printer manufacturers will continue until a new technology is found that can replace liquid inks for consumer oriented printing tasks. "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message ...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc >changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know >kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is >useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you >can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. >Any help would be helpful Canon WX engine printers, sold by HP as 5Si, 5Si Mopier, and 8000 (various options for all of the above). They're heavy beasts, but impossible to destroy. Cost for toner is about 25 hundredths of a cent per page, if you buy remans on eBay. Need a maintenance kit every 350,000 prints. Maintenance kits include new rollers, fuser, transfer roller. Cost about $100 on eBay. I have several of these printers, some with many millions of impressions on them, and still going strong. -- Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regu...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP Vs Kyrocea printers
Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? Please give reason. In message <cu5quv$6g3$1@titan.btinternet.com>, Malvin <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> writes >Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? > >Please give reason. > Which model vs which model? -- Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com tlatwightpropertydotcom Colour lasers? A recent PC Pro magazine (UK) review gave the Kyocera Mita FS-C5016N a running cost of 3.2 pence per colour page vs 8.2p for the HP3550n and 8.4p for the HP2550n. The Kyocera quality was better as well, but it costs twice as much to buy as the HPs. "Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cu5quv$6g3$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? > > Please give reason. > ...

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

Web resources about - HP printer vs. ink cost?????? - comp.periphs.printers

Cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the economic concept. For the scientific organization, see COST . For uses of "The Cost", see The Cost (disambiguation) ...

The huge, hidden cost of population growth
Population growth does not necessarily translate into increased wealth.

Bulk billing cuts set to cost people's health
Mackay Daily Mercury Bulk billing cuts set to cost people's health Mackay Daily Mercury Mackay residents shared their opinions on the Daily ...

FBI admits iPhone mistake that may have cost it San Bernardino evidence
The decision to reset the password of the San Bernardino shooter's phone may cost the FBI.

Noise complaint legal battle costs City of Port Philip $130,000
The City of Port Phillip spent more than $130,000 on a botched attempt to prosecute a St Kilda landlord for a noise complaint.

This quad-core Android tablet costs just $50
Get a tablet that fully supports the Google Play app store and gives you a stunning visual experience. The Dragon Touch Y88X Plus Tablet is for ...

Flint, Michigan's unsafe water cost the most in U.S.
In January 2015, the yearly water bill for a household in Flint came to $864.32; in Phoenix, Arizona, the tab came to $84.

Origin: World Moving Quickly To Renewables As Solar Costs Plunge
... half-year results tarred by write-downs of fossil fuel investments, said [&hellip Origin: World Moving Quickly To Renewables As Solar Costs ...

Are retiree health costs 'just' $245K?
A report claimed retirees can expect $245,000 in total health costs, but one advisor thinks that could be off by $100,000.

It will cost you $799 to walk around in Vive's virtual world
HTC and Steam's Vive virtual reality system, which lets you get up and move around, is even more expensive than the rival offering from Oculus. ...