HP Printer won't scan... augh!

Just got a new  HP printer,,HP Officejet J5780 All-in-One,,but it
won't scan.

Everything else works fine, but when I try to scan it says No scan
options, and also tells me that there is 'no connection to the PC'.

I've tried re-installing the software, and other things, but no luck.
It faxes and prints without problems.

I'm using updated XP

Any clues?

Thanks

0
t8769

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Classic won't work with HP printer
A client of mine has a small ethernet network, using 1 iMac Flat-Panel and 2 eMacs. There's an Asante' hub to connect them and an HP 4050 TN printer.One of the eMacs was bought maybe 6 months ago, and the other was bought about 10 days ago. The latest eMac won't print on the HP printer, although the others will, whether in os x or classic. These three are mostly used on a proprietary program, DentalMac. When I discovered the printing problem on the latest eMac, I tried printing from SimpleText (in Classic). I get an error message "SimpleText is unable to print this document....

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3192863232_803600_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On Friday, March 4, 2005, Michael Vilain (vilain@spamcop.net) said: <Start complaining to the DentalMac support people that you're paying good money for a program that's running on an unsupported OS. MacOS 9 hasn't been updated in quite some time nor will it be. Ask when they're releasing their MacOS X versi...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pu...

Re: Classic Won't work with HP printer #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3192889244_2366392_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 3/5/05, at 12:11 PM, Charles Dyer wrote: <snip> >>That said... you have a LJ4050. I _do_ hope that you don't have the USB version, 'cause if you do, I suspect that you're screwed. If you have the USB version, I'd get the Direct Jet thing and put the printer on Ethernet. You'll have no troub...

Re: Classic won't work with HP Printer #3
> On 2005-03-04 07:25:08 -0800, Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> said: > >> A client of mine has a small ethernet network, using 1 iMac Flat-Panel and 2 >> eMacs. There's an Asante' hub to connect them and an HP 4050 TN printer.One >> of the eMacs was bought maybe 6 months ago, and the other was bought about >> 10 days ago. The latest eMac won't print on the HP printer, although the >> others will, whether in os x or classic. These three are mostly used on a >> proprietary program, DentalMac. >> >> When I discovered the...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer #4
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3193317062_2071922_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns wrote: > I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in > preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install), > and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic. >>on March 10, Tacit wrot...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer #5
In article <BE5626C5.101A5%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> wrote: > In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns wrote: > > I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in > > preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install), > > and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic. > > > >>on March 10, Tacit wrote: > Run a Classic program, select the Chooser from the Classic Apple menu, > and choose the printer. > > > I've...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer #6
In article <BE5857E0.10262%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> wrote: > In article <BE5626C5.101A5%kearnser@comcast.net>, > Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> wrote: > > > In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns wrote: > > > I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in > > > preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install), > > > and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic. > > > > > > >>on...

My G5 won't recognize my HP color laser printer
I have been working for days resetting my network after much trouble. I now have a win98se computer printing to the HP 3550n printer. I have a wireless 4-port router (only using the hard wired ports now) and a 8-port switch. There is another g5 and another win98se computer, but I'm leaving them out of this for now. Right now, I can make the win98se machine print on the 3550n. It's a solid connection through the HP print server, the JetDirect en3700. The IP address has been set manually to 192.168.1.103. I have tried setting up a printer within the G5 to this address and i...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Web resources about - HP Printer won't scan... augh! - comp.periphs.printers