HP Printers Question re cartridges

MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost.

What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap).
This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if
there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge
and plug in a new one.

This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different
ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive
to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives
problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me.

I am considering an HP 4435 ($ 49 at Walmart). I cannot find out if this
printer uses a cartridge with the built in printhead. Are there any HP
printer models that use cartridges with a built-in printhead?

Thanks for any input.

--

Walter
www.rationality.net

0
Walter

"Walter R." <wr@example.com> wrote in message

> MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost.
>
> What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap).
> This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if
> there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge
> and plug in a new one.

[snip]

> I am considering an HP 4435 ($ 49 at Walmart). I cannot find out if this
> printer uses a cartridge with the built in printhead. Are there any HP
> printer models that use cartridges with a built-in printhead?

There are many HP printer models that use integrated printheads and ink
supplies.  AFAIK all the sub-$150 models have integrated printheads.
The permanent or separately replaceable printheads are typically the
more expensive printers.

If you liked the Deskjet 970 you might take a look at the Deskjet 6940,
see
http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/inkjet/1/storefronts/C8970A%2523B1H
or the Deskjet 6988,
http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Deskjet/1/storefronts/CB055A%2523B1H

These are fast printers that use the 96/97 cartridges. The page yields
for B&W and color are 860 and 560 which compares well with the #45 and
#78 cartridges you used in the Deskjet 970 printer.  These printers also
support an optional duplexer and larger paper trays (which I bought on
eBay).

One thing to watch out for on the lower cost (<$50 especially) printer
is the cost of supplies. You can get an idea of page yields for various
printers from HP's page yield site here:  http://www.hp.com/go/pageyield
where the ISO standard page yields are compared.  Personally I like the
printers that use the 96/97 cartridges, although those that support the
74XL and 75XL are not far behind.  For more than occasional printing the
cartridges used in the very low end printers such as the 21/22, 92/93 or
74/75 (if the 74xl/75xl are not supported) may have a much higher
printing cost.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
3/30/2009 4:07:40 PM
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:57:51 -0700, Walter R. wrote:

> MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost.
>
> What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap).
> This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if
> there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge
> and plug in a new one.
>
> This is different from my cantankerous Epson printer, which uses different
> ink tanks, but the printhead is deep inside the printer and very expensive
> to repair/replace. I had this unit in for repairs and it still gives
> problems with the printhead. No more Epson for me.
>
> I am considering an HP 4435 ($ 49 at Walmart). I cannot find out if this
> printer uses a cartridge with the built in printhead. Are there any HP
> printer models that use cartridges with a built-in printhead?
>
> Thanks for any input.

Try looking at it.
0
measekite
3/31/2009 12:42:25 AM
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:07:40 +0000, Bob Headrick wrote:

> "Walter R." <wr@example.com> wrote in message
>
>> MY HP Deskjet 970cse finally gave up its ghost.
>>
>> What I liked about it was that it used the HP 45A cartridge (big and cheap).
>> This cartridge has the printhead built-into each cartridge. Therefore, if
>> there is printing trouble, one merely needs to through out the old cartridge
>> and plug in a new one.
>
> [snip]
>
>> I am considering an HP 4435 ($ 49 at Walmart). I cannot find out if this
>> printer uses a cartridge with the built in printhead. Are there any HP
>> printer models that use cartridges with a built-in printhead?
>
> There are many HP printer models that use integrated printheads and ink
> supplies.  AFAIK all the sub-$150 models have integrated printheads.

That may not be true.  Maybe if there is a fool out there who buys at list
price but these days even a fool can get a discount.

> The permanent or
separately replaceable printheads are typically the
> more expensive printers.
>
> If you liked the Deskjet 970 you might take a look at the Deskjet 6940,
> see
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/inkjet/1/storefronts/C8970A%2523B1H
> or the Deskjet 6988,
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Deskjet/1/storefronts/CB055A%2523B1H
>
> These are fast printers that use the 96/97 cartridges. The page yields
> for B&W and color are 860 and 560 which compares well with the #45 and
> #78 cartridges you used in the Deskjet 970 printer.  These printers also
> support an optional duplexer and larger paper trays (which I bought on
> eBay).
>
> One thing to watch out for on the lower cost (<$50 especially) printer
> is the cost of supplies. You can get an idea of page yields for various
> printers from HP's page yield site here:  http://www.hp.com/go/pageyield
> where the ISO standard page yields are compared.  Personally I like the
> printers that use the 96/97 cartridges, although those that support the
> 74XL and 75XL are not far behind.  For more than occasional printing the
> cartridges used in the very low end printers such as the 21/22, 92/93 or
> 74/75 (if the 74xl/75xl are not supported) may have a much higher
> printing cost.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
0
measekite

Printer Ink

Printer addendum for HP printer

<Re-Plug> HP System Line Printers
If anyone is interested in purchasing any of the HP 2564C or C2354A line printers, I listed a few that were selling on Ebay: www.ebay.com 2564C 840 LPM Printers, Ebay item number: 5770421829 C2354A 840 LPM Printers, Ebay item number: 5771734313 Thanks Jesse Dougherty Cypress Technology, Inc Re-Sellers of HP e3000/9000 products 8565A Somerset Drive Largo, FL 33773 727-557-0911 / fax 727-557-0121 jesse@cypress-tech.com * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

I need help with my HP PSC 950 printer re recycled cartridges
My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. Can someone help me? I am desperately in need of my printer. Thanks Hi, jp2003 <joprabhu2003@yahoo.com> wrote: #My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge #keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from #Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. HP's efforts to keep you from using recycled cartridges are working well. I guess it's an a...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

I need help with my HP PSC 950 printer re recycled cartridges #2
My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. Can someone help me? I am desperately in need of my printer. Thanks ...

Re: Printer trays.....network printers
have you looked into requesting a specific paper type instead of specifying trays? I suggest this because it's actually a much more sensible method of paper selection, which may well have superceded tray selection (other sequences have been dropped, too, but I can't recall which ones offhand). I think that's a PCL6 thing that appeared first on HP5SIMX or so, at which point tray specs were also supported. When we had a new one of those (8 or so years ago?) HP Boise denied the existence of PCL beyond 5 "we don't do it that way any more", but has later acknowle...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

hp and other printer cartridges
Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its printer after refilling the cartridge? The assumption in the past is to be sure and keep the top half full of ink and not wait till the cartridge is empty before refilling, however this does not always work. Charles V. Rennaker Charles V. Rennaker wrote: >Does anyone know how to defeat the "ink out" message from a cartridge to its >printer after refilling the cartridge? > HP CARTS ARE NOT MADE TO REFILL. >The assumption in the past is to be >sure and keep t...

HP printer question
Hello. Got an offbeat question about the HP 5150 inkjet printer. Does anyone know how long the power-cord is? I ask because my desk is set up in such a way that the printer is almost 6 feet away from the surge protector. If it's as long as the power-cord that came with my HP 712C I'll be okay. ...

Re: printer questions
Easy!! Go into NMMBR and configure card. In my example below, I have my printer= =20 LP, Device 6 plugged into port 235 on my DTC and I set up a profile name = of=20 LPPR6.... DTC name DTC02 Card number 3=20=20=20=20=20 To configure a different card, enter its number then press Config Card. [= ] Port # Ldev Profile Name=20=20=20 0 [230 ] [TR10D192]=20=20=20=20 1 [231 ] [TR10D192]=20=20=20=20 2 [232 ] [LP32PR18]=20=20=20=20 3 [233 ] [TR10D192]=20=20=20=20 4 [234 ] [TR10D192]=20=20=20=20 5 [6 ...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...

Web resources about - HP Printers Question re cartridges - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...